+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ot - The 'Queen' film Bohemian Rhapsody

Not a big Queen fan (the group) Mercury thought he was an Opera singer at times till Monserrat Cabale blow him out of the water.

Anyone seen this? Any good? Didn't get around to it yet and most screens here have been sold out at the times we could go.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Anyone seen this? Any good? Didn't get around to it yet and most screens here have been sold out at the times we could go.
    I loved it, definitely worth seeing. Factually it’s incorrect in places but worth going to see it even if you are not a big queen fan. The actor who plays Brian may is brilliant, looks so much like him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Not a big Queen fan (the group) Mercury thought he was an Opera singer at times till Monserrat Cabale blow him out of the water.
    Mercury never thought he was an opera singer. He was in awe of Montserrat and was extremely nervous when he met her for the first time.

Do you really believe that Barcelona would have been a number 1 hit if she would have done it without Freddie?

Seen it. Really enjoyed it.

Just watched it with my 21 year old daughter and really enjoyed. Hard to believe she was born 6 years after Freddie died but their music, some of it from over 40 years ago is still as well known today as it was then. Can't see much of today's stuff being around in 2060 but maybe it will?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Mercury never thought he was an opera singer. He was in awe of Montserrat and was extremely nervous when he met her for the first time.
    Do you really believe that Barcelona would have been a number 1 hit if she would have done it without Freddie?
    Thats a very good and valid point there Shark, and Im going to agree with it of course because Im biased in favour of Freddie and his band.
    Maybe ego's played a part here and yes I reckon both of them had to respect each other, but I also think it wouldn't have been as popular without him. To be honest though I really don't like that operatic style of music/singing, and I didn't particularly like this song 'Barcelona'.

Loved the first three albums. Top notch rock. Thought they went off it in the late seventies, as did a lot of established bands at that time.
    They came back in the eighties, with 'a kind of magic'. Blew everyone out of the water at Live Aid.
    For me, the most individually talented band of all time, therefore, i didn't rate one member over the others

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    .. They came back in the eighties, with 'a kind of magic'. Blew everyone out of the water at Live Aid.
    For me, the most individually talented band of all time, therefore, i didn't rate one member over the others
    Now your talking Jock matey lol, a fellow 'Queen' fan who also points to the '85 & '86 concerts above all else.
    Freddie & Queen did indeed blast it out of the park at Wembley/Live aid in '85. But remember it was the Mersey FA Cup final in '86, and I think Freddie & Queen totally owned Wembley as well when they did their concert later that year, they were more popular than the big annual footy match there.

Gi'or Jock, that's Quo you're on about ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast