+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ot - The 'Queen' film Bohemian Rhapsody

ot - The 'Queen' film Bohemian Rhapsody

Ok lads this is strictly off topic from footy, as it says in the title lol.

For a start then, who on here was/is a fan of Queen & Freddie Mercury's music ?.
    I was/am and I think this looks like a great film and Im looking forward to seeing it, and it opens in the pictures here in the UK this weekend doesn't it.

I wouldn't have picked the lead actor Rami Malek to begin with as he bears little or no resemblance to Freddie, but after looking at the clips of the film since then, he seems to have got the role off to a tee and the likeness is uncanny!. I first remember seeing him 'going back to his Egyptian roots' as the pharoah prince in the Night at the museum films. Yes I enjoy that sort of lighthearted film (ohh and lets not call them movies by the way!), and even Ben Stiller was still good in films in those days.
    Last edited by Acido; 01-11-2018 at 11:09 PM.

I aint seen it yet but a mate has and he says it's brilliant.

Not a big Queen fan but will probably see it as the Mrs wants to. Sure it will be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I aint seen it yet but a mate has and he says it's brilliant.
    Thats what Im expecting to see as well Magic, and like I say Im going to the pictures sometime this week and am looking forward to it.
    A film is so much better by the way isn't it when you've seen it at the pictures, rather than just waited till the video/dvd release ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 02-11-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Looks ike Mrs CAM is taking me this weekend. Trailers look good. Also saw a trailer for RocketMan but seemed a bit weird to have Biglad's mate Eddie the Eagle playing Elton John.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Looks ike Mrs CAM is taking me this weekend. Trailers look good. Also saw a trailer for RocketMan but seemed a bit weird to have Biglad's mate Eddie the Eagle playing Elton John.
    If your Mrs Cam wants you to go and see this film Cam, then you've got to 'bite it' and just do as she says etc lol.

But heres another argument lads, how many films did we all goto see at the pics eh, and end up feeling very disappointed with ?.

must admit would prefer to see Rocket Man. Not into his later stuff but early especially Captain Fantastic was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    must admit would prefer to see Rocket Man. Not into his later stuff but early especially Captain Fantastic was brilliant.
    I don't know what on earth that means Silent, are they really doing a hardcore story of Elton Jonners ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't know what on earth that means Silent, are they really doing a hardcore story of Elton Jonners ?.
    As I mentioned in my post Acido yes they are, due out next summer, played by the guy who played Eddie the Eagle. Not sure it can be described as hardcore from the trailer I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats what Im expecting to see as well Magic, and like I say Im going to the pictures sometime this week and am looking forward to it.
    A film is so much better by the way isn't it when you've seen it at the pictures, rather than just waited till the video/dvd release ?.
    With regards to going to the flics I went to see Rogue 1 and although I sort of enjoyed the experience I found it way too loud and much preferred it when I saw it again at home on the box.Before anyone says it -I,m old and past it(if I could remeber what IT was).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast