+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It begins for real!

We looked great tonight, not sure what all the fuss is about.
    Grealish looks stronger than previous seasons. How fast is Bolasie!! Mcginn great player and work rate. I'm supprised how tall Abraham is. Sign him up! Along with Turnz who looks like a great player.
    If we keep to an attacking first 11 will score loads and probably go up automatically. I like the way we defended high up the pitch and should be done all the time. Sitting back and playing negatively was Bruce's downfall. Very Impressed today.

a win is a win... but... We have to convert our dominant periods into more goals, with our defence one is never enough. Chester and tuanzebe, looked a lot more assured, but Bolton are not exactly world beaters. Grealish is too good for the rest of the team, but he is still improving, I think Dean will make him an even better player.

Thought it was very comfortable last night. As DS said, we played better when we lost twice last week.
    It will soon, if not already, becoming clear to the management team what needs doing in January. For me, a new Keeper, LB, CB cover and a striker.
    Kodjia hasn’t been doing it for me since his injury last year, and it can be like playing with 10 men. C’mon Kodj, get a grip!!
    Taylor is weakest link with regards distribution, short passing is atrocious.
    Nyland has ‘Derby Day Disaster’ written all over his face.
    Bolasie? WOW, what strength, what pace, he’s a monster.
    Happy chappy this weekend, might treat myself to a beer, and then some.

Onwards & Upwards

Boruc
    Lee Grant
    Danny Ward
    Rob Elliot and Karl Darlow
    Gomes
    Nick Pope and Tom Heaton
    Vorm

These are just some of the not first team goalkeepers I would prefer to see in between the sticks at VP and all are realistic whether on loan or bought. There's also over 1000 free agent goalkeepers that can probably catch a ball better than our current GK

Well i came away from VP pleased but not exactly buzzing. It was a nervy game at times, we were wobbly at the back and they should have scored. For all the efforts Off target we had only 3 On target. Abraham should have scored and Bolasie was just a delight. All in all we put to bed a very poor team, Derby next week will be a good test knowing our poor away record.
    Im happy but its left me anxious with the fixtures today.
    Ps great show of respect before the game, brought a lump to my throat!

Exactly my thoughts TD, our forwards aren't firing and a better team would have scored more than us due to our defensive frailties. Superb clearance by Chester - that goes in and it's a different game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)