Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QOS home

Apart from the possession what impressed me was the way the players looked so much more comfortable on the ball and showed for each other to get the ball when others were under pressure. Big improvements from a month ago. As said by others though we need to kill teams off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Find it hard to pick a MotM today but McMullan, Bouhenna, Stanton, Edje and Booth were all up there. The rest were not too far behind that level.

Futures bright.....
    Yeah those 4 lads were great. The effort and workrate has come on dramatically. McMullan was MOTM in my eyes and it was particularly funny when he bullied their defender into passing backwards into the net lol. He looked dangerous throughout.

Our own defense seemed tighter than against Dunfy so if RN can keep on improving I'd say the current 8-1 odds for us claiming the title are a good punt.

In every match so far he's played 4411 and he's has success so it's hard to see that changing any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    Apart from the possession what impressed me was the way the players looked so much more comfortable on the ball and showed for each other to get the ball when others were under pressure. Big improvements from a month ago. As said by others though we need to kill teams off.
    Totally agree. In previous games they could hardly string 2 passes together. Yesterday was like night and day in comparison. Plus the work rate off the ball was impressive.

Agree we dominated so much and i never felt like the inevitable phuck up was just around the corner. But we do need a better final ball at times and a regular scorer - that may happen.

Cant believe how we pass now compared with laszlo and mckinnons teams - we have teams running all over the place chasing us down

Safranko had a bit of of an off day yesterday compared to previous games so it was good to see McMullan more involved, good pressure on the defender for the 2nd goal.

agree - i think QOTS guys played the ref at every opp with sanfran and after his booking he was a bit wary. Needs watched though as he tired and thats where injuries come from

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    we need to get Nicky Clark up and running the amount of goals he scored for Dunfy.....we are missing this re taking chances
    Getting Clark up to speed and keeping Safranko fit is crucial to mounting a challenge to win it outright. Could be the difference especially if Shankland was to leave in January

has anybody got a link to the goals?

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    has anybody got a link to the goals?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm0r...re=youtu.be&a=

cheers!

Cheers Logie.

Safranko, loved his movement for the goal. See how he drags the defender away from the ball
    then moves back to score it, the QOS lad never gets off the ground.
    Real old fashioned strikers goal.

Clark has looked off pace in his subby appearances so far, prob better suited to 2 up top.

We have played some decent attacking football under Neilson so far with the one up top formation some people dismiss as negative, I've never seen it that way, it's just you need the personnel, and in Safranko we have a guy who can hold up the ball and win headers, can see us playing two up front in some home games, but the one up top is pretty effective away from home.

I been impressed with the work Robbie has done so far, the only thing I've been surprised with is the regular subbing of Aird, I'd rather him on the pitch in a tight finish like Saturday than King who rarely wins tackles.

Hoping Sam Wardrop might come good too, we need a natural right-back.

Agree on Aird sub vs King. Didnít realise Aird had so many assists...out in front for the league with 8 assists.

aird - safranko becoming new dixon - daly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123