+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Lennon

Neil Lennon

Sure he got hit in the face by a coin, but he went down as if he'd been shot lying down near the dugout, check out the footage on the BBC.
    The keeper (who took a glancing blow by a speccy) physically jumped off his feet before going down (this is a 6 foot plus MAN we're talking about) again, check out the footage on the BBC website.
    Just of nancy boys in my opinion

It's the way of football now Baubles,gone are the days where you would be scared of being on the receiving end of a flying tackle by some hardened defender,it wouldn't surprise me if in ten years time football was just about passing the ball around,I've seen Notts players flapping around like a pumped up trout on the field just because somebody came close to them and it's embarrassing

Lennon has been followed by controversy he played for NI many times with any problems even being a Catholic.

But signed for Celtic it all changed for him for the next home NI game when he got booed every time he touched the ball.

Whilst in Scottish football we have had many incidents involving Lennon .
    I do feel sorry for him but sometimes he's his own worst enemy .

My mate met him during a night out in Glasgow he was a gentleman with him and anyone else that wanted to talk to him very obliging guy.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    It's the way of football now Baubles,gone are the days where you would be scared of being on the receiving end of a flying tackle by some hardened defender,it wouldn't surprise me if in ten years time football was just about passing the ball around,I've seen Notts players flapping around like a pumped up trout on the field just because somebody came close to them and it's embarrassing
    Yes Chalky, I actually found it embarrassing that Lennon was rolling on the floor with this incident, surely a a manager he should be setting an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    Lennon has been followed by controversy he played for NI many times with any problems even being a Catholic.

But signed for Celtic it all changed for him for the next home NI game when he got booed every time he touched the ball.

Whilst in Scottish football we have had many incidents involving Lennon .
    I do feel sorry for him but sometimes he's his own worst enemy .

My mate met him during a night out in Glasgow he was a gentleman with him and anyone else that wanted to talk to him very obliging guy.
    Thanks Buc, that is very informative, I must admit I didn't know much about the fella

Quote Originally Posted by Barbles View Post
    Thanks Buc, that is very informative, I must admit I didn't know much about the fella
    He was a very good player for NI and for Celtic I think he done a decent job as a player and manager for them he seems to be doing a decent job for Hibs just now and pulling in very good crowds at Easter road...
    Its going to be an interesting season to see his far he can take Hibs .

From an outsiders point of view I'd love to see any other team rather than celtic or rangers (in spite of my hero Stevie G being at rangers) win the league and dominate for a while in the way that Aberdeen did in the 80's, but I can't see it happening

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)