+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coll Donaldson

It seems to me (much like Robson actually) he still needs to learn what being a professional is all about.

No hatred from me, bit of a daftie having a laugh during our struggles, making light of it

End of the day he is at a club where he can be in his comfort zone, like both sets of Highland teams players are

He won't make it at a club like us

Coll arrived here at exactly the wrong time for a laddie who had gone sooth as a great prospect, then back up to get back on track.
    Things may have been different if he had arrived with 2 good defenders ahead of him, but he was thrown into a team that had just been dismantled with a manager who was being fund oot!

What confirmed for me that his attitude stank was my laddie shouting something and a reply of "shut it wee man" coming back!

Would love to know who brought him to the club though?

Attitude - end of. Sure he tried his best but was he professional about it? Appears he still isnt but does not have the pressure at ICT like here.

No hatred from me, just not a good player. He had a wee troll at the United fans for being "toxic" if you dish it out you have to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    No hatred from me, just not a good player. He had a wee troll at the United fans for being "toxic" if you dish it out you have to take it.
    One of the top 6 clubs in Scotland was in the process of being relegated disastrously and as a member of the first team he was culpapble. Did he expect us to just sit and clap like happy sealions?

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Oh bore off Mr Donaldson, nobody 'hated' your son, he was just not a very good player. Anyway he'll probably earn 10 times more than me over his career so maybe less moaning and a bit more gratitude towards the folk who essentially pay his over inflated wages is in order.
    Ah the classic...he make smore money than me so must be incapable of being a human.

Anyway, as others have said his attiude didn't help him at a time when we needed everyone tryiong their hardest and giving their all. Had an air of not being arsed although I'm sure that's not the case. Young laddie in the spotlight and being yelled at by grown men, never going to be easy but yea, didn't help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Ah the classic...he make smore money than me so must be incapable of being a human.

Anyway, as others have said his attiude didn't help him at a time when we needed everyone tryiong their hardest and giving their all. Had an air of not being arsed although I'm sure that's not the case. Young laddie in the spotlight and being yelled at by grown men, never going to be easy but yea, didn't help himself.
    Mmm, no didn't say anywhere he was 'incapable of being a human'. Just a rubbish footballer.

Mr.Donaldson, if you're reading this I can hand on heart say I don't and have never hated your son.
    He is however a terrible footballer who seems to have found his level playing in front of one man and his dog crowds. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab_Waspy View Post
    Had lunch this week with Colls old man who is a personal friend and we were discussing Coll at United.

His old man struggles to understand the vitriol and hatred his son receives from Utd fans and I have to say I agree with him.

In my opinion Coll was a victim of joining the wrong club at the wrong time and because he came from QPR under Redknapp expectations were too high of a young laddie with about 15 senior games u der his belt.

Coll more than any player I know is targeted by Utd fans for "treatment and vitriol" when in his fathers words he can be a daft laddie but he only ever tried his heart out at Utd.

By the way for those who thought he was a Hibee and abused him for it I can assure you he is a rabid Jambo.

Anyway genuinely intrigued to know why so much vitriol and hatred toward Coll Donaldson exists at Tanny?
    i dont think there is, hes gave us abuse and we give him it back. complete non story, Coll Donaldson is not important enough for us to have 'hatred' for

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)