+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coll Donaldson

Coll Donaldson

Had lunch this week with Colls old man who is a personal friend and we were discussing Coll at United.

His old man struggles to understand the vitriol and hatred his son receives from Utd fans and I have to say I agree with him.

In my opinion Coll was a victim of joining the wrong club at the wrong time and because he came from QPR under Redknapp expectations were too high of a young laddie with about 15 senior games u der his belt.

Coll more than any player I know is targeted by Utd fans for "treatment and vitriol" when in his fathers words he can be a daft laddie but he only ever tried his heart out at Utd.

By the way for those who thought he was a Hibee and abused him for it I can assure you he is a rabid Jambo.

Anyway genuinely intrigued to know why so much vitriol and hatred toward Coll Donaldson exists at Tanny?

No hatred from me towards him but he was a really poor player in his time with us and was prone to to many daft basic mistakes.

no hatred from me neither but he opitimised our team at that time...would make a mistake and have a laugh about it. His mannerisms on the pitch suggested that he didn't give a toss (this may not have been the case) which left him vulnerable to abuse from fans who were left completely frustrated by what seemed like a lack of professionalism. He was just a small cog in what was a complete ****mobile!

I think it comes down to the fact he never looked like he gave a fk. To be fair you can see he does now though, given his recent celebration for a goal he didn't score against us.

One of the least professional players i have ever seen. Was more intrested in hitting people with free kicks during the warm up than getting ready for a game. Looked to be a bad influence on a lot of the younger players at the time as well. Come Saturday when you run out for the warm up till full time be it in the starting 11 or as a sub you need to be focused. Pretty sure center halfs would more likely be heading or passing a ball than taking free kicks. Maybe too much money too young or just not had the right people round him. Wouldn’t take him back if he offered to play for free.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think it comes down to the fact he never looked like he gave a fk. To be fair you can see he does now though, given his recent celebration for a goal he didn't score against us.
    .....then he showed his maturity by getting himself sent off shortly afterwards........and earning the heeee haws as he did so.

Hatred is wrong. Period. He was a bit immature when he was with us, but as his Father implies, a young, daft laddie. Such types need guidance from seasoned pros. He is one of many. Robson belongs to the same category.

Goodness me. When I think back to the team he played with, he should be suing United!

His father also seemingly said that Coll tried his heart out for utd. Holy

Oh bore off Mr Donaldson, nobody 'hated' your son, he was just not a very good player. Anyway he'll probably earn 10 times more than me over his career so maybe less moaning and a bit more gratitude towards the folk who essentially pay his over inflated wages is in order.

Didn’t work out at Utd and I can’t blame him for that. He was shot of confidence anytime he played for us and the fans had run out of patience with stupid mistakes. He was a young lad who took a lot of stick in the worst ever Dundee United side.

He went to Caley to prove us wrong and that’s why I guess he gets himself so pumped up when he plays us. I think Coll actually goaded the United fans first on his return and that’s why he gets stick from us. Having said that if I was Coll I would be acting the same way. He took some abuse considering he was only like 19/20 when he was with us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)