+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Tottenham Matchday Thread

Men V Boys really. The lesson is there to see, chances mean nothing if you don't stick em in the net. Just hope we don't get punished too much at this point.

Oh for fecks sake! Should have walked it in Costa.

If only Traore was as good as he thinks he his.

Sometimes a match comes along which just takes your breath away! What a scintillating, pulsating feast of attacking football. Nuno Santo has fashioned a marvellous inventive footballing side which at times completely outplayed Spurs.
    Their play was switched from side to side with a mix of short and long range passing which continually left Spurs exposed down either flank. Within the mix there was also the capability of the long ball over the top which as the game wore on also caused mayhem amongst the beleaguered Spurs backline. The only missing facet to their play was a Harry Kane type striker who could finish the chances created as despite their wonderful football they somehow contrived not to score a goal in open play.

Not my words

Just three minutes later it was 2-3. Foyth was adjudged to have fouled again and gave away a second penalty. Suddenly it was game on and the momentum was with the home side. Backed by a loud home support, the Wolves had their tails up. Spurs were rocking on the ropes and with ten minutes to go literally any of the three results seemed possible. Every long ball over the top threatened danger and especially towards the right flank where Trippier was having a torrid time.
    Time and again Wolves attacked down the flanks wave after wave and Spurs seemed bereft of ideas on how to stop them. Spurs were being overrun and outplayed. Wolves were all over them like a rash. It was a case of all men to the pumps with desperate last ditch tackles, interceptions and blocks and Lloris diving braving threw a mass of bodies to punch clear. Eventually in the fifth minute of added time, Mike Dean put the whistle to his lips and blew time on a fabulous entertaining nerve jangling match. Phew! What a game!

Again not my words, but the words of John Ellis Spurs Odessey .

I think a very fair report. The effort was there from all the Wolves players, but if anything we gave them too much respect at the start. They were an impressive side as you would expect from a seasoned top Premiership team. They cut us apart with consummate ease, despite another master show from Captain Coady. Morgan Gibbs-White must take much of the credit for a spirited fight back, what a player for one so young.

I thought the substitute of Traore could have happened earlier, at that stage of the game it seemed too late. What a difference the result could have been with the offside goal being allowed to stand.

As I left the stadium at least four Tottenham player were lying flat out on the wet turf, they certainly new they had been in a game.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 04-11-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    game effectively over after 30mins

not going to score in this game ...

next up arsenal...4 consecutive defeats on the way

costa and doherty are absolute shite

how the fuck have we managed to get the points we have ??
    I thought we played well and were unlucky not to get a point.

I know it's all about opinions greavsey but I cannot understand how you believe that to be true.
    Helder Costa is a constant threat and Doherty is in the form of his life at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Perfectly put.

Spurs would have come away from Molineux last night knowing they have been in a game. I thought it was a pretty even one up until when Lamela opened the scoring. As with the last home game Wolves found themselves a couple of goals down in less than a five minute spell. The movement of the Spurs players for both goals took the Wolves players by surprise. It's quick and easy to pick faults, especially for the second one. I do think though that both Trippier, who had time to put the ball into the box, and goalscorer Lucas Moura had too much time and weren't closed down. Moura was probably the smallest player on the pitch and still managed to score with his free header. For the rest of the half Wolves couldn't live with Spurs, especially the quick tempo, passing and movement.

It's quick and easy to say after the event about what might have been, i was at the South Bank end watching the game, our best passing move of the half, involving Doherty, Costa and finished off by Jiminez, then ruled out for offside. Plenty around me had text messages saying it wasn't. If the goal was allowed then 2-1 at the break would've given Spurs a lot to think about.

In my eyes for the second half Wolves had nothing to lose and had to go for it. We started the half very well and could easily have pulled one, maybe two goals back through Jiminez and Neves. Despite our comeback, the third goal really left us a lot to do. Harry Kane is so good, he has that striker's instinct that many football fans want to see, his movement and awareness to follow up his own shot was there for all to see.

What an impact Morgan Gibbs-White had when he came on, so much energy, awareness on the ball and his passing. What a contrast to see him going forward with the ball. This is not a criticism of his either Neves or Mothinho who i rate both very highly, but both players often sit in the central midfield areas. Gibbs-White gave Wolves a different option and helped Wolves play on the front foot. I don't the Spurs defender Foyth can have many complaints about the penalties he gave away.. Neves looked at ease when taking his. It's just a pity in between the two penalties that Costa couldn't have scored after being one on one with Lloris.

As i said easier, i think the 3rd goal gave us too much to do, but both sides gave their supporters a lot to shout about. Fair play to Wolves for the tribute to Leicester City before kick off, it often puts a lot of things in life into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I think he flatters to deceive at times.

Quote Originally Posted by goldnblack View Post
    I thought we played well and were unlucky not to get a point.

I know it's all about opinions greavsey but I cannot understand how you believe that to be true.
    Helder Costa is a constant threat and Doherty is in the form of his life at the moment.
    As with the Brighton game, i think in the first half Doherty offered our greatest threat of making something happen going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Spurs would have come away from Molineux last night knowing they have been in a game. I thought it was a pretty even one up until when Lamela opened the scoring. As with the last home game Wolves found themselves a couple of goals down in less than a five minute spell. The movement of the Spurs players for both goals took the Wolves players by surprise. It's quick and easy to pick faults, especially for the second one. I do think though that both Trippier, who had time to put the ball into the box, and goalscorer Lucas Moura had too much time and weren't closed down. Moura was probably the smallest player on the pitch and still managed to score with his free header. For the rest of the half Wolves couldn't live with Spurs, especially the quick tempo, passing and movement.

It's quick and easy to say after the event about what might have been, i was at the South Bank end watching the game, our best passing move of the half, involving Doherty, Costa and finished off by Jiminez, then ruled out for offside. Plenty around me had text messages saying it wasn't. If the goal was allowed then 2-1 at the break would've given Spurs a lot to think about.

In my eyes for the second half Wolves had nothing to lose and had to go for it. We started the half very well and could easily have pulled one, maybe two goals back through Jiminez and Neves. Despite our comeback, the third goal really left us a lot to do. Harry Kane is so good, he has that striker's instinct that many football fans want to see, his movement and awareness to follow up his own shot was there for all to see.

What an impact Morgan Gibbs-White had when he came on, so much energy, awareness on the ball and his passing. What a contrast to see him going forward with the ball. This is not a criticism of his either Neves or Mothinho who i rate both very highly, but both players often sit in the central midfield areas. Gibbs-White gave Wolves a different option and helped Wolves play on the front foot. I don't the Spurs defender Foyth can have many complaints about the penalties he gave away.. Neves looked at ease when taking his. It's just a pity in between the two penalties that Costa couldn't have scored after being one on one with Lloris.

As i said easier, i think the 3rd goal gave us too much to do, but both sides gave their supporters a lot to shout about. Fair play to Wolves for the tribute to Leicester City before kick off, it often puts a lot of things in life into perspective.
    Quality report 👍

What a game, In all honesty I think we deserved a point for the second half performance... great spirit to fight on like that when 3 down.

The Jimenez goal was on side, I saw reruns from several angles at HT, travesty as it was a quality goal.

Gibbs White looked like he’s already had a couple of seasons in the premier when he came on, he was the hub of the game for the last fif****... and the pass that put Costa through one on one was top drawer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)