+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Port Vale 3.11.18

A point is more than we deserved, but at least it stops the rot. No surprise that we couldn’t hold on - that was just peak Notts.

Very poor in the second half. MOM Turley, although not sure who gave Pope all the space of Vale Park to head in the equaliser.

We need to rethink for Tuesday, because Dennis was a waste of a shirt again. We were unable to hold the ball up all game. We have Mansfield to thank for being out of the bottom two.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We can't hold our own piss, this team are a bunch of ****ing wet sods. WTF was Nolan doing with the budget, spunking it up the wall on complete crap, he should be ashamed of himself for leaving us like this. We concede goals like a bunch of school kids, not PROFESSIONAL footballers. Grow a pair you set of complete turds.

Having said all that I'd of taken a point at kick off ha ha. Infact would I? Bear with me whilst I argue with myself. Should we be happy with a point? Maybe yes considering the season but God I'm sick of us being so crap year after year after year, it's ****ing depressing. Someone started a thread stating are we cursed and I must admit I've thought that at times. We sign a proven striker then he turns complete crap for us then leaves and bangs them in again. We pump 20 million into getting from League 2 to two divisions above and end up worse than when we started. We have a higher attendance and budget than 95% of the teams at our level yet time and again look like a right bunch of misfits run by a bunch of clowns.

I mean what the hell is going on?
    Hate to say, can’t argue with one word.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We'll take a point, but it's criminal to get the advantage so late and still throw it away. We're too flimsy.
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again this squad have not got the confidence or mental strength to see a game out. We collapse at will and fall apart far too easily.

36 goals conceded in 16 games (2.25 goals) in the fourth tier of English Football is shambolic and embarrassing, but we are where we are because we deserve to be.

Until this side can stop conceding two goals a game and stay focussed and switched on we will never win football matches.

I am afraid to say but it is looking likely this is the season we finally fall through that trap door into non league.
    The problems all started after the Coventry game.

You just know that a one goal lead is never enough for this team even with seconds remaining. I don't think I've ever seen a Notts side concede goals as easily as this lot even in the dark pre-Munto days.

HK has got to stop saying “We knew what they were going to do” every time he talks about the opposition, as if that means anything. I had to laugh when he said “Pope is the only player who heads the ball for Vale” - he obviously didn’t see their first goal.

At least he stood up for the players today, even though for me it was another poor performance in which we looked very lightweight yet again. On the plus side, we did score from both of our attempts on target.

Another big game on Tuesday against Oldham. And Mansfield can do us another favour when they play Grimsby at home.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We can't hold our own piss, this team are a bunch of ****ing wet sods. WTF was Nolan doing with the budget, spunking it up the wall on complete crap, he should be ashamed of himself for leaving us like this. We concede goals like a bunch of school kids, not PROFESSIONAL footballers. Grow a pair you set of complete turds.

Having said all that I'd of taken a point at kick off ha ha. Infact would I? Bear with me whilst I argue with myself. Should we be happy with a point? Maybe yes considering the season but God I'm sick of us being so crap year after year after year, it's ****ing depressing. Someone started a thread stating are we cursed and I must admit I've thought that at times. We sign a proven striker then he turns complete crap for us then leaves and bangs them in again. We pump 20 million into getting from League 2 to two divisions above and end up worse than when we started. We have a higher attendance and budget than 95% of the teams at our level yet time and again look like a right bunch of misfits run by a bunch of clowns.

I mean what the hell is going on?
    "I sense that you are not happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You just know that a one goal lead is never enough for this team even with seconds remaining. I don't think I've ever seen a Notts side concede goals as easily as this lot even in the dark pre-Munto days.

Spot on, we just cannot defend.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    HK has got to stop saying “We knew what they were going to do” every time he talks about the opposition, as if that means anything.
    Agreed. I know what he's getting at, but if he keeps saying it, then supporters can only conclude that the manager and his players do not have the ability to stop what's happening. Steve Thompson used to come on the radio after each game and describe in detail the mistakes which led to each goal, which was as good as admitting he knew the problem but didn't have a clue how to fix it. And the record shows he didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Agreed. I know what he's getting at, but if he keeps saying it, then supporters can only conclude that the manager and his players do not have the ability to stop what's happening. Steve Thompson used to come on the radio after each game and describe in detail the mistakes which led to each goal, which was as good as admitting he knew the problem but didn't have a clue how to fix it. And the record shows he didn't!
    Today, hate to say it,we did not work enough, Brian Stubbs he did and would give his all. Oh to have real players like him.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast