+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Port Vale 3.11.18

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The interesting name on the bench is Kion Etete. I've never seen him play, but apparently he's a 16 year old striker who has been scoring regularly for the under 18s. Is there a new rule this season that the bench has to contain at least one youth player?
    I saw him when we played against the Newcastle U21s. Newcastle had a big unit at the back who won everything all night... until Etete came on - first thing he did was give the Newcastle lad a bloody nose! It was nice to see some proper physicality.

Hopefully Etete gets some game time. Be a bit much to expect Dennis to play a full 90 given he hasn’t had many full games.
    We look like we could struggle against set pieces as we are not the tallest.

What did I miss, is Stead injured or rested?

Yes there is a new rule this season about naming at least one youth player in the squad.
    Two named today, Dunn and Etete, but why 3 centre backs? No Husin, Kellett, Oxlade, Hawkridge, Patching, Crawford, Jones, Osborne or Vaughan, are they all out of action?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Not sure but from what I hear he's there on merit anyhow
    Would have thought that the new Professional 'Osborne' might have made the squad today!

Still think its a pity that we sold the best young player we've had for years - just think, come Christmas, we might have all been shouting "Ho Ho Ho"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Roadsider View Post
    Injured.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Still think its a pity that we sold the best young player we've had for years - just think, come Christmas, we might have all been shouting "Ho Ho Ho"
    I think there might be a singing claus in his contract preventing that

Quote Originally Posted by Old Roadsider View Post
    Stead injured in training will be out for 2 - 3 weeks.

If the formation is 4-2-3-1 with Hewitt in midfield with Milsom and Dennis up front with Hemmings and Boldewijn in the wide attacking positions, I can't criticise the selection. It's exactly what I would have picked. Dennis needs some games now, he's a proven prolific striker but has been messed about a bit too much in his early career at Notts, which hasn't helped him hit his form.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast