+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clean sheet

Diame, at his best, is a Pogba, fantastic specimen of a footballer.

But it's time for him to make way.

Drinkwater might become available. Sarri has given him notice that he's too sh'it for Chelski.

Could we swap Diame for him?

LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Diame, at his best, is a Pogba
    Mate, the only thing they have in common is that a) they both have the same number of limbs and b) they both wear football boots

Pogba, on his worst day (even with his twinkletoes penalty run-up LOL), is 2 x Diame. Even his hair is more inventive than Diame's football.

Listen: I've seen Diame be immense covering nearly every blade of grass in the odd game. But he's got to be given a VERY limited role. And some Vicks Vaporub on his shirt to keep him awake. And stash a bottle of it with a ballboy so he can get a top-up when the ball goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Mate, the only thing they have in common is that a) they both have the same number of limbs and b) they both wear football boots

Pogba, on his worst day (even with his twinkletoes penalty run-up LOL), is 2 x Diame. Even his hair is more inventive than Diame's football.

Listen: I've seen Diame be immense covering nearly every blade of grass in the odd game. But he's got to be given a VERY limited role. And some Vicks Vaporub on his shirt to keep him awake. And stash a bottle of it with a ballboy so he can get a top-up when the ball goes out.
    Did you happen to see Pogba v Diame last season at SJP. He made Pogba look like a pub player.

He has got It, he just doesn't do it enough.

I get that wor Diame can keep Pogba quiet.

But let's be honest, I think it is Pogba keeping himself quiet with his lack of application than anything else. Man U fans want to rip him to bits because he spends more time in the hair salon than he does concentrating on his task at hand. His mind is like Dory. LOL.

Still, I know who I'd rather have.

Going forward, Diame is just too slow of mind and slow of foot. His "link up play" is... [ahem, let's change the topic].

I wouldn't like to have to get past him mind. So if we are to get the best of Diame, he has to stay behind the halfway line and try to protect the jokers behind him. He can break up play and that is dirty, thankless work. Keep him passes short and keep the football simple. We've been able to hold court for 60 mins against even the best and Diame has been part of that. But we've got to spend the other 30 mins attacking more not trying to defend for 90 mins straight, which exposes him and everyone else to be broken down eventually.

Back of last season, you must admit, we saw a different player.

I used to joke that the real Diame was bound and gagged, locked in a cupboard somewhere in SJP having been replaced by a welcome lookalike. Sadly, it appears the old Diame is back (escaped, probably sold the new one).

He was at his best last season doing exactly what you're saying he's best at.

The past three home games though, sides we have played are so mobile, quick as ****, slick passing, especially in midfield we look pedestrian in comparison.

That's our 4 the clean sheet of the season

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)