+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Well I guess you can file that one under the category of "WTF just happened!" Down and out and 2 places off the bottom, we never get a penalty and all of a sudden we get two and we're up to 18th and one place behind our S6 friends. After his prediction I'll be contacting Pocket Rocket for our lottery numbers next time we play for the $1B jackpot.

Thoughts?

PS I'm off to listen to P or G. I feel it might be entertaining
    Last edited by CAMiller; 03-11-2018 at 05:04 PM.

If anybody complains about the ref this time...
    Seriously though, it sounded like Smithy had the ball tied to his foot by a piece of string in injury time - great exhibition of holding possession
    Last edited by mikemiller; 03-11-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Watched in Germany on a streaming sit. Wtf just happened. Not 27 percent of play. Nice one ref

One stupid foul by their keeper and a mis hit shot from Vaulks which was more likely to score at Millmoor that was blocked two handedly have given us a completly undeserved win.

The set up today was all wrong. Williams is better playing down the flank and not off Smith whilst Vassell would be better playing at the side of Smith.
    Taylor was lucky to stay on as long as he did. Our defence couldn't decide who to mark and when yet to their credit kept their shape. Towell is becoming a concern for me. His touch and his passing have gone AWOL. Vaulks is still keeping the midfield together somehow.

But, but, how can we complain too much when we're as lucky as that.

Swansea are one of the best teams I've seen this season against us. They got it right with their attitude and work rate and they'll not for a long while understand how the lost that!

Only 3 wins off the play-offs

Just woke up, that'll do pig.

Can’t believe what just happened, Swansea were a class act mesmerising passing but their downfall was their poor finishing and showboating.

Well done Warney for making the substitutions at a critical time. Let’s face it we were lucky but we have been on the wrong end some games like this.

Final mention to the ref, I need whatever he smokes in tablet form

I have never seen a game that we least deserving of a Millers win that one.

We were simply awful especially in the first half.

I have a lot of time for Warne but what was he seeing that first half?

There was a huge article in the paper about how dangerous the winger Daniel James was.

He ripped us apart and yet after 30 minutes the person on the pitch who had the most room and wasn't being marked was....you've guessed it Daniel James!!!! Absolutely staggering.

Towell was abysmal. Every player in the team was guilty of dwelling on the ball and not moving it quickly enough.

Why do our wingers, when they have a yard start on the defender, collect the ball, stop and then try and beat the defender again?

Vyner had a torrid afternoon. James was exceptional but every one-on-one dual, Vyner was going it a beaten man.

The one plus was that we stayed in the game.

When went 2-1 up we looked a decent team.

Awful performance, great result but I hope Warne lets them have it after that showing.

Three words, MUGGED IN ROTHERHAM!

My take on Rotherham (Dick Turpin) United today.....

How we won that one can only wonder. If Warne comes on the radio and says 'We never gave up, there was always something there and credit to the lads' he's a silly man.

We were totally dominated from the kick off. Swansea played some excellent one touch close control football that was a pleasure to se in the first half. MOTM first half - Rodak by a country mile.

Second half - We huffed and puffed but up to 25 minutes played we were average and still Swansea dominated the game.

Taylor - What does Warne REALLY see in this lad? He wouldn't chase back and support Vyner who was completely out classed by their number 10. I think only after a rollicking off Barker did Taylor half heartedly get involved to support against their never ending attacks.

To add to this, Taylor stayed on the pitch far too long for my liking and eventually he was correctly subbed and not too soon. Taylor says he too shy to ask for a new contract, well on that showing today, he ain't worth keeping. Having said that, he's probably okay for league 1 so, Warne will keeps his options open to see where we finish at the end of the season.

The midfield wasn't balanced and only when Manning came of for the start of the second half did we look like settling down.

Fast forward and with 15 minutes to go??? he brings Proctor on to support Smith (outstanding contribution today) and it seemed to unbalance them.

Two penalties and whoosh we shoot up the league. Well taken penalties but Manning will have to look to vary his shots but, if he's happy banging it in in the same spot with success, then good luck to him. Have we ever had so many penalties in one season?

Happy? no I'm ferkin delirious with a win we truly didn't deserve but you know what, it's about time we had a rub of the green!

if I was a Swansea fan I'd be gutted to walk away with nothing but heh oh. UTM!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast