+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Stamina for lasting 90 minutes has generally been good, although concentration levels needed to prevent us conceding late goals has been a bit inconsistent. Even at Birmingham we looked the stronger team for the last 15 minutes... the problem was that we were 3-0 down by then. A few things for Warney to reconsider... playing 4-5-1 (especially at home) but still having poor levels of possession?, always putting Taylor as one of the first names on the teamsheet? playing Vassell wide /midfield (even though we signed him as a goalscorer)?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 04-11-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Looking at the footage for the first pen i can't for the life of me see what it is given for. The crowd and player appealed but why?

Their keeper pulled Proctor down by the neck/throat.

Maybe it was just the poor quality of the film. Just looks like the keeper punches the ball and the player falls backwards. As I said plenty in the crowd appealed.

That’s just how the ref saw it...... a penalty for holding Proctor back.

1-0 is never enough and Swansea paid dearly for not burying us. Unbelievable result but Smudge deserves a mention for his efforts and Rodak kept us in the game. Well done Ryan Manning.

Swansea are one of half a dozen class acts in this league and to get 3 points any which way is just brilliant. Love to see all the time wasting coming crack to bite them up their arses.

Not getting carried away though. We could and should have been in the bottom 3 after this game. Long way to go and I still can’t see us staying up. The gap in class is at times very worrying.

But the effort this time around is also different class to the awful days a couple of seasons ago. UTM

"Really need to sign a midfield general now, and work on passing in training*". At half time our subs were kicking rhe ball to each other over 20 to 25 metres, not alwas accurately. Their subs were doing close pass and go routines. Just like the match in fact. In the end we won but if we stopped giving the ball away so easily we would have a better chance of winning without relying on penalties - both correctly given.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    1-0 is never enough and Swansea paid dearly for not burying us. Unbelievable result but Smudge deserves a mention for his efforts and Rodak kept us in the game. Well done Ryan Manning.

Swansea are one of half a dozen class acts in this league and to get 3 points any which way is just brilliant. Love to see all the time wasting coming crack to bite them up their arses.

Not getting carried away though. We could and should have been in the bottom 3 after this game. Long way to go and I still can’t see us staying up. The gap in class is at times very worrying.

But the effort this time around is also different class to the awful days a couple of seasons ago. UTM
    Morning Pete.
    Hope you are all well pal?
    Swansea were class yesterday very good footballing team.
    A lot of the possession though was at the back with not much inroads.
    Actually when they went more direct to the wingers they were frightening.
    I disagree with you that we won’t stay up I think we belong in this league admittedly lower league but imo still belong.
    Apart from Brentford we’ve competed and even yesterday we just dug in had a bit of luck and at the end we were the strongest.
    Yes we may have a couple of tonkings along the way but at the end of the season I expect us to stay up.

Utm

key to staying up will be the next transfer window.

if we invest and go for it I think we will stay up with a little bit in hand.

It was the off the ball movement that made Swansea play look amazing.
    Both FB were making the space for the wingers. Leaving them one on one with mattock/vyner
    I hope warne has videos of it as it was very good to watch.

Prime example.
    When the ball was on the other side of the park (family stand side) there number 10 would fill the gap between our CB and CM on the main Stand side. The trigger was him making a run across towards the ball. Then Naughton FB would fill the space he came from (dragging Newell inside) and winger dropped back to pick the ball up leaving him one on one with mattock..

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast