+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Last two games we hit the post with terrific strikes unlucky and cost us four points today luck was on our side against a good side its the way it goes so why do some people want to p iss on our parade

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Last two games we hit the post with terrific strikes unlucky and cost us four points today luck was on our side against a good side its the way it goes so why do some people want to p iss on our parade
    Got to agree with that.

We don't need to feel guilty about winning just because we were outplayed.

First penalty was nailed on. As Shark27 correctly pointed out about the second; if a player did what he did on the goal line then it would have been a pen and a red. I think Warne has been a bit too honest about it too; my thought is if you put your arms up that high in the area and the ball hits them, you give the ref a serious decision to make.

Their lad is pro footballer, if he was worried about the ball hitting his face he should have ducked, as he could have worked out it was going to put a hole in roof of the North Stand.

Irritating isn't it. We won fair and square. The penalties were fair.

It's as if some of our fans are that shocked with the win that they are trying to justify it with a so called injustice. Many Swansea fans thought they were penalties.

Warne also needs to think about what he's saying!!!

We were lucky and didnt deserve the three points but we have played quite a few games this year when we were unlucky and didnt get what we deserved. What we did well yesterday was staying in the game. Like Pete says 1-0 is not enough as we have found ourselves. This was due to some good goalying and defence work. If they had got a second we would have not got back into it. The fact they didn't was credit to us. Also you have to give Warne some credit for the subs and change in tactics. Newell, Procs and Manning all made a big difference and it was only when they came on we started to push them back a bit. Once we equalised the impetus was with us and I thought we could go on to win it. Also credit the lads for holding on to the lead in the last few minutes because I thought they would lay siege to our goal but they didn't.

I've seen both penalty incidents on Quest and now I'm certain both were definite pens. The first one I don't know why the goalkeeper got hold of proctor round the throat, and for the second one, I don't understand why their is such a debate about is it hand to ball or ball to hand?
    If you watch where Vaulks shoots from, he's around the edge of the D, and Fer is just goalside of penalty spot, putting him at least 10 yards and maybe 11 yards away from the ball when it's struck. He puts both hands up to protect his face and the ball comes off his forearms, and out of the area, potentially giving Swansea a 3 on one break, which I shall come back to shortly.
    If people think the Fer incident wasn't a penalty, then for me that means that any player in any wall which is set up in the penalty area can put their arms up to stop the ball hitting them in the face, because the wall is situated 10 yards away from the ball, and Fer was also ,for me anyway, at least 10 yards from the ball when Vaults struck it.
    Coming back to when the ball came out of the area off Fer, had the ball come off Fer''s head, we would have been caught in a 3 on 1 counter, and boy could Swansea counter, so surely at that late stage of the game, we should have been making sure we didn't get caught out also, and if the ref hadn't given the pen, stonewaller for me for reasons given, the result could have been very different.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We were lucky and didnt deserve the three points but we have played quite a few games this year when we were unlucky and didnt get what we deserved. What we did well yesterday was staying in the game. Like Pete says 1-0 is not enough as we have found ourselves. This was due to some good goalying and defence work. If they had got a second we would have not got back into it. The fact they didn't was credit to us. Also you have to give Warne some credit for the subs and change in tactics. Newell, Procs and Manning all made a big difference and it was only when they came on we started to push them back a bit. Once we equalised the impetus was with us and I thought we could go on to win it. Also credit the lads for holding on to the lead in the last few minutes because I thought they would lay siege to our goal but they didn't.
    Spot on about the subs making a big difference roly, Proctor won the first penalty, Newel won the free kick that led to the second penalty, and Manning scored both penalties, an unbelievable win against a team that for me are destined for at least a top 6 finish on that evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Morning Pete.
    Hope you are all well pal?
    Swansea were class yesterday very good footballing team.
    A lot of the possession though was at the back with not much inroads.
    Actually when they went more direct to the wingers they were frightening.
    I disagree with you that we won’t stay up I think we belong in this league admittedly lower league but imo still belong.
    Apart from Brentford we’ve competed and even yesterday we just dug in had a bit of luck and at the end we were the strongest.
    Yes we may have a couple of tonkings along the way but at the end of the season I expect us to stay up.

Utm
    I'm good thanks mate. Hope you're back to yourself. Noticed you back on here a bit. You've been missed.

I'm sure we were lucky yesterday but who cares. We have been unlucky in past games and a win against a top team makes up for matches against poorer opposition where we "dropped" points.

I wouldn't mind you at all come the end of the season and Rotherham staying up you come on here and give me a "told you so".

This time around there is a squad that looks together and whilst we are short in talent we can make it up with other attributes. This squad in the main supports each other but there are occasions like the mauling James gave Vyner in the first half particularly that we were very lucky not to be a couple down. That's when Taylor should have been helping Vyner out but unusually, he didn't seem to have the fight in him that he usually displays. They gave the ball away far too easily putting Swansea in complete charge. If we can at least pass accurately then we have a chance of stifling teams and perhaps taking the pressure off our defence for periods of time.

We are up against some teams that have spent 10s of millions on players so we are bound to lack a little class against that type of opposition but I loved the fact that they stayed in the game, somehow and the substitutions made were really effective in at least taking the game to Swansea.

UTM

The last game we won from such a domoiated position was probably against Leeds about 15 years ago. But, win we did. Don't know if they were penalties, dont care. I still remember the Man City handball 'goal'.
    A little disappointed at some of the comments around me, when we were battling manfully to hold out the best team we've played for two seasons.'not trying', 'bottling it'. Disgraceful comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    the last game we won from such a domoiated position was probably against leeds about 15 years ago. But, win we did. Don't know if they were penalties, dont care. I still remember the man city handball 'goal'.
    A little disappointed at some of the comments around me, when we were battling manfully to hold out the best team we've played for two seasons.'not trying', 'bottling it'. Disgraceful comments.
    ws5?

Probably the same reason why others can't accept everyone has a opinion and something a flood of emotion dictate a response

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast