+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much longer ?

ok Well I heard £250 k but as you say if Wigan declared that figure for Colclough then that must be correct. Perhaps you could send the web site where they declared it. I also heard £300 k for Cooper so a website for that as my figures are only hearsay
    Perhaps you can also post Walsalls costs for their category 3 academy

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    ok Well I heard £250 k but as you say if Wigan declared that figure for Colclough then that must be correct. Perhaps you could send the web site where they declared it. I also heard £300 k for Cooper so a website for that as my figures are only hearsay
    Perhaps you can also post Walsalls costs for their category 3 academy

Cheers
    I would have to do another search on Walsall's Cat 3 academy but remember at the time thinking that Cat3 was pretty good actually with quite a huge subsidy from the FA/PL and something like Walsall contributing around 200K and when we are contributing 760K that is a huge difference which would have allowed more money for the first team while still attracting youngsters to their local club. I have yet to be convinced Cat 2 would have attracted better local kids when we have no evidence that they have even gone to the PL Cat 1 academies although there may be the odd exception.

The problem essentially was Dario who was part of the FA committee that came up with all the rules and categories of the new system and so why he wanted the highest he could get. And has he was a significant figure in academy coaching that sounds reasonable in a way. I remember asking him one time why the club didn't go for Cat 3 and he said it was so the youngsters could get to play more PL academy matches although not in their league and probably more significant was he said Cat 2 was 'cost neutral' but we know that was at the time when we were still paying upwards of 500K for RH per year and so cost neutral compared with what would be accepted today. I couldn't quite figure how the RH costs didn't come down significantly when we had bought all the fixed assets?

The club will surely know the minimum figures while still retaining an academy but as I said many clubs in L1 don't have or have got rid of their academies while still having local kids coming in like we did when we had Shavington many moons ago..

Its the same old question about how many coaches are needed when it was only a couple including Dario when we were quite successful and concentrating on older ****s and incoming transfers. Cat 2 means we have to have x number of coaches and need to coach very young kids which is way beyond our size in my humble opinion at least..

Mike I wasn't asking you for the sites it was wartman who was quoting figures
    You and I have had a few discussions re RH and we both beg to differ

You see people quote figures but can't show how they arrived at them. Guesstemates !!!

Hi out0lunch

Please see the below link for the George Cooper figure Cheshire live say in an interview with Dave Artell that a figure of £250000 for gorgeous George. I can’t find the Colclough story but I am fairly sure it was mentioned in coverage of his court appearances, where it said Colclough who recently signed for Wigan for an initial £150000. In reply to your comment I do try to use accurate information in my posts or there is no use in posting.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/spor...dmits-15273019

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    150,000 was the fee declared by the buying club Wigan so must assume that to be accurate; likewise Peterborough suggested in their annual accounts a fee of somewhere near to that figure for a transfer so must assume that to be for Cooper.
    It was just that you said re clubs accounts so wondered if you could give the web address so I can have a look
    As you say and I agree accurate info is always best

Didn’t we also get money for George Nunn and Trinkett Smith?

Certainly Nunn £300000 was quoted I think for him, not sure but that figure is in my mind. Trinket Smith not a clue. Do you think with the exception of NG who in my opinion is the best player at the club by a long way, there is anybody who is going to bring in some much needed money in January ?

As a regular attendee of games many years ago but now residing in the potteries, I purchased a membership card card at the beginning of the season and attended the home opener. This was followed by Newport away which was hopefully going to be followed by a few more games in my attempt to start edging towards completing the 92 grounds again. Since Newport away I haven't been to a game. I could write you a two page rant about what is wrong with the club, some of which has already been covered. The club is absolutely clueless in about most areas of it's operation. Its turned into a mickey mouse organisation which is summed up by the drivel which comes out of Artells mouth. He really is a comical act in himself. Very little is going to change. People can only decide themselves if enough is enough, but with all respect to those that still attend they do so through habit and are not likely to change. As somebody has said "we are making bad sides look good"

We’re still hamstrung until Hassal is gone.

A lot of changes need to be made to make this club successful again but I do believe Artell isn’t far off.

Young players are being developed and given chances , older pros are being brought in to supplement the gaps.

My only real gripe with Artell is that we seem to lack a plan B some weeks and we do seem to make the same tactical mistakes repeatedly. The most obvious one being our midfield is lacking energy when it’s Jones and Wintle yet we’re sticking with it doggedly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12