+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking At Today Pragmatically

I’d chuck all the little uns in and get out of every cup at the first hurdle. Let Sunderland, Pompey and Peterborough have a good cup, run with lots of accompanying injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Depending on the U23 game against Burnsley tomorrow then Roma, would you drop Davies and give Walton another chance in these Checkathingy's ?.
    I think Walton is injured , but yes I would replace Davies for these Trophy Ties , i've mentioned this before , but for me Greatorex will be the best of what we have, Walton is a good keeper too mind , Davies OK and possibly on international duty soon , give them young lads some game time , don't get experience otherwise , I Luvvit seeing these young lads given a chance , better to have our own play than loan some young lad from the premier , who would probably never dream of signing permanently for us ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I think Walton is injured , but yes I would replace Davies for these Trophy Ties , i've mentioned this before , but for me Greatorex will be the best of what we have, Walton is a good keeper too mind , Davies OK and possibly on international duty soon , give them young lads some game time , don't get experience otherwise , I Luvvit seeing these young lads given a chance , better to have our own play than loan some young lad from the premier , who would probably never dream of signing permanently for us ,
    Thing is we are playing a kids team in any case on tuesday night so it's not as though these young lads are up against hairy @ss league one pros .

And that's what has further maligned this competition , playing Premier under 21s , if it were to be fair ? All teams entered , should be allowed to play their Under 21s , instead league teams have to play a certain number of first team squad , not them though , who agrees all these daft rules ?
    What next a European Super League !!!!!! Football is Thomas Cooked

And that's what has further maligned this competition , playing Premier under 21s , if it were to be fair ? All teams entered , should be allowed to play their Under 21s , instead league teams have to play a certain number of first team squad , not them though , who agrees all these daft rules ?
    What next a European Super League !!!!!! Football is Thomas Cooked
    And Thomas Cook himself is well and truly f*ed as well!. Isn't that what you were trying to say eh kid.

I was a big critic of Adam Davies last season, and maybe it wasn't all his fault because he/we all knew his understudy Nick Townsend was even worse than him!. And yes, I think we all got to see quickly that young Jack Walton is getting better of course, but hes also still not good enough for the first team. A bit like big Victor eh.

Ive never rated this competition in the past, and I'll be honest it only grabbed my interest when we went through at Wigan and got to the Semi Finals (the 'Northern 2 legged Final') against Fleetwood. They still might have had something in those days with that sort of competition as it was. But to muck about with it and make the early games a group stage now, and to invite so called top teams U21's into it as well..

Nick Townsend would have been better than Davies , just miss managed , al leave that alone now ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And Thomas Cook himself is well and truly f*ed as well!. Isn't that what you were trying to say eh kid.

I was a big critic of Adam Davies last season, and maybe it wasn't all his fault because he/we all knew his understudy Nick Townsend was even worse than him!. And yes, I think we all got to see quickly that young Jack Walton is getting better of course, but hes also still not good enough for the first team. A bit like big Victor eh.

Ive never rated this competition in the past, and I'll be honest it only grabbed my interest when we went through at Wigan and got to the Semi Finals (the 'Northern 2 legged Final') against Fleetwood. They still might have had something in those days with that sort of competition as it was. But to muck about with it and make the early games a group stage now, and to invite so called top teams U21's into it as well..
    you probably need to see the set up Acido , 18s 23s , we have good young players here now , and at least some are being given a chance , wat you don't see yourself ? Isn't worth talking about !!!

you probably need to see the set up Acido , 18s 23s , we have good young players here now , and at least some are being given a chance , wat you don't see yourself ? Isn't worth talking about !!!
    Just how many watch the u18's & u23's usually Roma?

Under 18's around 200 , under 23s maybe 4/5 hundred , it depends on the opposition and locality of teams really , just what I think, maybe more or less , difficult to judge ,

Thanks Roma

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123