+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking At Today Pragmatically

Looking At Today Pragmatically

Can't think of one player today who looked to be on his game .

Some had absolute shockers , Moore , Bahre , Cavare and Lindsay others were simply average and only McGeehan had anything like a decent game .

Whilst I acknowledge I recently stated I wanted to see some ugly wins today was perhaps pushing it a little .

There's little doubt teams have worked us out , Southend simply nullified us by pressing themselves and it just created a stalemate .

Couldn't see a goal coming in all honesty .

Awful performance and after watching that the top two looks beyond this group in all honesty .

Massive improvement needed if we are to get out of this league this season .

Can't get over why it's not 1 or 2 who's having an off day it's half of team which stendel should address immediately in January window because at the moment our squad strength looks zero with out any out goings in January

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Can't get over why it's not 1 or 2 who's having an off day it's half of team which stendel should address immediately in January window because at the moment our squad strength looks zero with out any out goings in January
    The lad Bahre needs leaving out and some games in the U23's for me .

He looks way out of his depth at the moment and I think the lad will be a slow burn until he gets properly settled here .

Lots of individual errors today, Cavare and Lindsay particularly poor in my opinion,but we scrapped and kept going and pinched a win, how many times have we been on the wrong end of that kind of score after that kind of game. Not a great performance but our resolve didn't waver and we eventually got the goal we deserved.

Thiam looks to have lost a bit of timber, had a good first half but looked to be struggling after the break.

Moncur made the difference late on for me , Substitutions were too late IMO, missed some good chances ( so did they ) hard to pick a MOM , possibly McGeehan , poor performance overall against a decent Sarfend team , 3 more points in the bag , scruffy or not al tek that anyday , just wait till we hit some form , nowt to be freetund ov in this league , although the standard ov football is awful , special mention to the Sumo physio of theirs wat the F--- did he wear shorts fo , awful sight he looked , Woodrow ? He's knoweer near fit yet , good to see him get a few minutes today , and i hope the lad enjoyed it , probably done him some good and lifted his spirits , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Bahre is D/Ss blue eyed boy can't drop him

Bähre needs a break for me - I know a lot to fans like Cavaré but, for me, he’s a liability! Always one step away from making a huge mistake (defensively, he scares me) - his crosses are awful, really awful! McGeehan needs to be told to stop coming to the side of the CBS to receive the ball, just to give it back! I know about drawing their players out, but it is daft! E need to return to 442 & play the gusted Moncur who has such quick feet!

We definitely need to go to two up top for me , Moore at times is lost up there on his own and needs a partner to work off .

Woodrow is key in my opinion as to where this season goes .

We still look unbalanced and patched up , we've got to get that ball in to the box far quicker than we are doing at the moment and that requires some proper width , by the time our two full backs get up the pitch to deliver the ball in !!!!! , it's not quick enough , defences are set and the quality is often questionable .

First off all, remember how annoyed we were at the defeats and performances away at Charlton & Shrewsbury recently.
    The first thing I/we would have gladly accepted at that time was the chance of two wins with clean sheets, at home to Bristol Rovs & Southend. Yes we were made to scrap for the results but we did it and are still on course for a good season, and remember, we didn't simply become a bad side overnight did we.

I 100% agree though on the 2 up front idea, especially when we're at home, and Ive always said that on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    First off all, remember how annoyed we were at the defeats and performances away at Charlton & Shrewsbury recently.
    The first thing I/we would have gladly accepted at that time was the chance of two wins with clean sheets, at home to Bristol Rovs & Southend. Yes we were made to scrap for the results but we did it and are still on course for a good season, and remember, we didn't simply become a bad side overnight did we.

I 100% agree though on the 2 up front idea, especially when we're at home, and Ive always said that on here.
    It's not so much that one up top is a bad set up because it isn't and neither is it negative .

The problem is that the personnel we have at the club doesn't suit this system , Moore is our key striker but up there on his own isn't getting the best out of him , ok he got the winner yesterday but he was bloody awful for large parts of the game .

We started the season with two up top and I'm pretty convinced that's the way Stendel wants to play but the loss of Bradshaw , Woodrow's injury and Victor not quite ready yet has forced him in to this single striker system .

Moore has a lot to learn up top for me , he wants to study Peter Crouch on how to play up there as a tall striker , the way Crouch pulls away from the central defenders and creates mis-matches in the box , only one winner when the ball is delivered to the far post with Crouch playing on a full back , Moore is from the same physical stock .

We do need to play with more width though , our quality in to the box is pretty poor , shocking at times .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast