+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clean sheet

Clean sheet

Good job well done..we can build on this

Dubravka and Fernandez are looking really good at the moment.

Only one dodgy deflection (from an incorrectly given corner) conceded in 3 games.

We are awful up front, but our defence has been good so far this season.

Been very impressed with Fernandez so far.

im chuffed to bits with our first win but we didnt deserve it. That fanny spanish lad could have and should have had a hatrick within first half hour.
    They were as impotent up front as we are. I dont rate Rondon at all but he has to play because of the alternatives.

Hopefully we can get a bit of a confidence boost from this and kick on.

The positives were Kennedys running and chasing, Dubravka and Fernandez look solid.

Diame needs to get some leather boots instead of the lead ones he has been wearing. How slow is he to move and his passing is awfull.
    I wonder what the injury situations are

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    im chuffed to bits with our first win but we didnt deserve it. That fanny spanish lad could have and should have had a hatrick within first half hour.
    They were as impotent up front as we are. I dont rate Rondon at all but he has to play because of the alternatives.

Hopefully we can get a bit of a confidence boost from this and kick on.

The positives were Kennedys running and chasing, Dubravka and Fernandez look solid.

Diame needs to get some leather boots instead of the lead ones he has been wearing. How slow is he to move and his passing is awfull.
    I wonder what the injury situations are
    Yep spot on ... Watford should have buried us in the first half .. So much possession and woeful upfront .
    Kenedy was a big plus point
    Diame , was atrocious , I've seen glaciers move quicker than him.

Hope the second half encourages a have a go and attack attitude from now on .. But I doubt it .
    A welcome bit of luck ,and effort, paid off today .

It’s about time we had a bit of luck

I thought Ki brought a sense of normality to our midfield. He was tidy, un- ruffled- if there is such a word.

I would get rid of Diame, play Ki alongside Shelvey.

I'd agree with that about Diame.

I'd still like to see Longstaff get some more minutes myself.

On the ball, Diame is shocking..it's like he's running through treacle-he's so easily caught in possession.

What I would say in his defence is that he does a lot of harrying and breaking up play in midfield. I think a midfield of Shelvey and Ki would be too lightweight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)