+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Turley

James Turley

The lad gives away a penalty and gets sent off against MK Dons.
    The lad scores the winner for Swindon
    The lad has been immense for Notts

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    He needs to be, he owes us 6 points, well, at least 4.

To be fair, he made a good challenge against Franchise and the ref made a horrible mistake, compounded b5 the sending off. Him and Enzio have been the pick of the new signings.

He may not be the most gifted of plasters, but Turley looks like he actually wants to win every game - not sure many of the other players can say the same.

The penalty and sending off against MK Dons was a total injustice acknowledged by the Football League, and own goals are an occasional hazard for any central defender who strives to affect opponents' attacks.

From what I've seen, he puts in a shift and gives us the extra physical presence we've needed for a long time. We're still conceding too many goals, but responsibility for that lies with the whole team, not just the centre halves. My biggest concern for a long time has been the weak and lazy defensive play of our full-backs, which seems to continue regardless of who is selected. If we begin to stop crosses, we can massively reduce the number of goals we're conceding.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Roadsider View Post
    He needs to be, he owes us 6 points, well, at least 4.
    I don't think he owes us any but he certainly saved us one today.

I don't think he owes us any but he certainly saved us one today.
    It was only a lighthearted comment I'm sure you guessed, I think the lad has impressed all who've seen him with his work rate and commitment, would that others did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The penalty and sending off against MK Dons was a total injustice acknowledged by the Football League, and own goals are an occasional hazard for any central defender who strives to affect opponents' attacks.

From what I've seen, he puts in a shift and gives us the extra physical presence we've needed for a long time. We're still conceding too many goals, but responsibility for that lies with the whole team, not just the centre halves. My biggest concern for a long time has been the weak and lazy defensive play of our full-backs, which seems to continue regardless of who is selected. If we begin to stop crosses, we can massively reduce the number of goals we're conceding.
    Every week we seem to concede from allowing crosses into the box - two more today, following one against Swindon, one against MK Dons, two against Bury...

I’m not so convinced by Ward, but I’m sure having two rugged centre halves in front of him has also helped Fitz’s confidence and much-improved form in recent weeks.

Take it you did not go (or see the highlights) to franchise and you missed today’s game too. He put in a shift today.

Posts like this do not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Roadsider View Post
    It was only a lighthearted comment I'm sure you guessed, I think the lad has impressed all who've seen him with his work rate and commitment, would that others did the same.
    Lighthearted or not , you are entilted mate.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    Take it you did not go (or see the highlights) to franchise and you missed today’s game too. He put in a shift today.

Posts like this do not help.
    Yes i went , did you ?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast