+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the things that jump out.

All the things that jump out.

1) Last season an unpopular manager left giving everyone an instant lift, we’ve seen it many a time in football. Honeymoon period now officially over.

2) The successful touch line coaching line up last season was Moore, Cutler and Shan. Now it is Moore, Jacobs and Jones. Cutler has recently joined his old mate Smith at Villa, is that the only reason? Shan fits in where he’s told, training the stiffs who don’t get a game and works with the attacking lads on finishing. In other words he’s been pushed aside.

3) Largly the playing staff hasn’t altered all that much from our ‘successful’ run in last season, however attitudes towards staying at the club have, ala messrs Dawson and Rodriguez, it’s showing big time.

4) Albion only really tick when the likes of Philips is on top form, of late he’s disappeared again. He gained national attention during a real purple patch under Pulis, he got injured and faded, it seems to be happening again.

5) Clearly our goal scoring prowess has been significantly blunted with the loss of Gayle, add to that the injured Gibbs and stop start form of Philips and our appalling lack of pace in the middle comes sharply into focus. Most people with half a brain predicted the potential for this, such was our obvious lack of of options and yet here we are, living out our prediction.

6) Graeme Jones’ insistence on players that are simply not good enough trying to play it out from the back. We said we’d get sussed, up front and at the back, now we have, another prediction made by many. Barnes has been sussed yet he’s a luxury that our desperate midfield can ill afford to have too far up the field.

7) The signing of Bartley has proven a poor buy.

8) Cheap option after cheap option by Lai and Co make me fume.

9) The personal abuse some of you on here direct at Darren Moore is uncalled for. We’re all angry, and our passion needs directing differently, if he needs to go at some point then he needs to go, but not with this kind of abuse.

10) To conclude, once our top performing most influential players are off form or injured (Gayle, Gibbs, Philips) we are less than average thus showing up our over reliance on them and weaknesses all over the rest of the team. We need a proven quality centre half, a right back, a decent centre midfielder and a replacement back up striker. Compare our owner with the poor chap who perished at Leicester, and here lies the heart of our problem.

I agree with all you say but with DM the definition of madness is repeating the same thing and expecting a different result brunt will start again and set up exactly the same no plan b

I agree with everything you say Minn apart from the bit about the stick being dished out to Moore.

If you can be a r s e d to check through threads from around the time DM was appointed I warned of this happening but I said it’d be by the end of October so I’m three days out!

I said that I thought he was a bit dim and although a nice guy that he’d be found out within three months and that his legacy at the club would be tainted and this is now almost inevitable.

A person like DM has more value in being part of the fabric of a club like ours,working behind the scenes and being a “constant” and anybody who thinks he’s “front of house” material does not deserve to be in a position of power themselves!

A manager needs to be a leader and both visible and articulate.....arrogant like many of them or a hugely forceful personality like Pulis or Klopp.....Moore is non of the above,he doesn’t inspire me as a manager and in truth he didn’t much for me as a player either.

We need a manager who can attract players on a budget and at the moment I can only see Steve Bruce as a viable option,regardless of his Vile connection he’s put together many promotion teams and he understands how to build a structure and he’d stand his ground with Mini Me and Peace’s Grim Reaper.

This pathetic half a r s e d,cut price,s h I t show has to stop.

I have vowed not to return to B71 until Lai has gone and I just wish many others would vote with their feet and stop putting money in this clueless t w a t s pocket.

Surely it’s getting close to mass protest time before it’s too late.

As you with my post Mick, I agree with yours, I’ve no need to refer to old posts as I recall what you said, infact I refer to “predictions” in my original post, predictions of my own as well as others.

I’m not going to labour the point but giving him personal stick isn’t on, he’s Albion, like you and I.

If he’s not upto it then whatever will be will be, I’m just not comfortable with digging out one of our own.

Lost City Albion, I get what you’re saying, I posted recently about how I thought that Moore and Co thought they had enough in the tank going into this season to be able to cope with the Chump, clearly they haven’t, certainly in midfield. Hence my dig at our owners. Make no bones about it, my anger lies firmly at the door of Mr Lai, he’s why Darren Moore is in the firing line now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    As you with my post Mick, I agree with yours, I’ve no need to refer to old posts as I recall what you said, infact I refer to “predictions” in my original post, predictions of my own as well as others.

I’m not going to labour the point but giving him personal stick isn’t on, he’s Albion, like you and I.

If he’s not upto it then whatever will be will be, I’m just not comfortable with digging out one of our own.

Lost City Albion, I get what you’re saying, I posted recently about how I thought that Moore and Co thought they had enough in the tank going into this season to be able to cope with the Chump, clearly they haven’t, certainly in midfield. Hence my dig at our owners. Make no bones about it, my anger lies firmly at the door of Mr Lai, he’s why Darren Moore is in the firing line now.

Lai does not pick Brunt in CM or indeed recruited mates like Bartley or Mears who are crap, or make appalling formations or subs! I do blame Lai though for lack of interest and investment unlike the fantastic owner at Leicester in that unfortunate crash! Look at the difference between the two?

Were you at the game against Wigan or today? Well all those supporters including myself spent a fortune to watch worse football than anything Pulis ever served up! Again it was against poor sides like Wigan and Hull and we were shambolic! Hull supporters could not believe how crap we were!!!

I don't get " one of our own" I could not give a toss if a manager or player came from India or Mongolia if they were totally switched on and could do the business - we are in a results industry so no sentiment.

The supporters have been patient with Moore and today the tide turned for those who spent good money at the match today watching absolute bollox - not on the basis of one match but many matches with many many clueless decisions!

You can bet Brunt will be CM again against Leeds and Bartley will be back - should we say " Big Dave knows what he;'s doing as he's one of our own"? Leeds are already licking their lips no doubt!

Will things change? Honestly can't see it! Lose against Leeds and get rid - FAST!
    Last edited by baggieal; 04-11-2018 at 12:52 AM.

For me his team formation and set up against Leeds will be extremely telling.

Leeds play a high press high energy type of football and the odd indifferent result seems to not dent their confidence at all.

We are perfect prey for them with our formation,choice of personnel and extreme lack of pace.

On the back of an appalling run and with the evidence clear to everyone over the last few weeks I think the majority of managers,pundits and fans would make the decision to go with a back four next week and probably go for a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1.

In times of strife the basics of management are that you revert to the ages old tried and tested and “make oneself hard to beat”.

I know it’ll smack of Pulis etc,etc,but in tough times you shut up shop and stop the bleeding.

If I see a 3-4-3 or 3 anything announced pre kick off next week I’ll come to the certain conclusion that Ronald Reagan’s “brain” ( Spitting Image copyright ) is running the show at our place.

The “Moore Out” post will illuminate on here around 30 seconds later.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Lai does not pick Brunt in CM or indeed recruited mates like Bartley or Mears who are crap, or make appalling formations or subs! I do blame Lai though for lack of interest and investment unlike the fantastic owner at Leicester in that unfortunate crash! Look at the difference between the two?

Were you at the game against Wigan or today? Well all those supporters including myself spent a fortune to watch worse football than anything Pulis ever served up! Again it was against poor sides like Wigan and Hull and we were shambolic! Hull supporters could not believe how crap we were!!!

I don't get " one of our own" I could not give a toss if a manager or player came from India or Mongolia if they were totally switched on and could do the business - we are in a results industry so no sentiment.

The supporters have been patient with Moore and today the tide turned for those who spent good money at the match today watching absolute bollox - not on the basis of one match but many matches with many many clueless decisions!

You can bet Brunt will be CM again against Leeds and Bartley will be back - should we say " Big Dave knows what he;'s doing as he's one of our own"? Leeds are already licking their lips no doubt!

Will things change? Honestly can't see it! Lose against Leeds and get rid - FAST!
    There’s my answer to you Al in bold. Those players you mention are noticed by us all, not just you, ask yourself, why are we scratching around for players like Mears? If we were privy to boardroom discussions and heard what the budget really is/was I reckon things would really kick off. It’s Lai, Lai, Lai all day long, Darren Moore is just being hung out to dry. For what it’s worth, Moore is up to his nuts in a results driven business and he’s fast finding out that sentiment only carries you so far so I’m with you on that.

You’re not the only one to follow the Albion away week after week, spend a fortune, and come home p1-5sed off, I’ve done my stint, still do now and again but my business and family come first nowadays.

As I said if he goes then he goes, I’d love the lad to succeed but it’s a mountain to climb at the moment, I’m a realist I know that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    There’s my answer to you Al in bold. Those players you mention are noticed by us all, not just you, ask yourself, why are we scratching around for players like Mears? If we were privy to boardroom discussions and heard what the budget really is/was I reckon things would really kick off. It’s Lai, Lai, Lai all day long, Darren Moore is just being hung out to dry. For what it’s worth, Moore is up to his nuts in a results driven business and he’s fast finding out that sentiment only carries you so far so I’m with you on that.

You’re not the only one to follow the Albion away week after week, spend a fortune, and come home p1-5sed off, I’ve done my stint, still do now and again but my business and family come first nowadays.

As I said if he goes then he goes, I’d love the lad to succeed but it’s a mountain to climb at the moment, I’m a realist I know that.

Agree with all that Minn Junta. I have always blamed the Board/Owner for the total lack of ambition. I also get the Leicester supporters who worship the departed owner who was fantastic in every sense. In some ways, I feel sorry for Moore but he does need to listen to the majority of the supporters who are now stamping their feet - wrong formations - wrong players selected and wrong subs. For example - 20,000 supporters can't be wrong in that Chris Brunt is no CM and whether he's useful elsewhere - that's down to different views. What about Dawson and Rodriguez - both look totally uninterested - why? Bartley is absolute pants and Leeds fans know and comment they have dodged a bulit.

There's no animation from Big Dave from his box - only the odd whistle - why? I would question whether something is the background is going on!

So yes, I blame the Board/Owner as West Brom have rarely showed any ambition but Moore is beginning to show his inexperience with so many poor decisions. Lose to a very good Leeds side and the out drums will start. I do not want a decision delayed if the rot continues! Had this been a mini blip and all other games were great then fair enough! Name one away game this season when we have been dominant and been much better than the opposition? There is not one sadly!

Can't blame the fans! It's been so many games and whilst there's been no quality to Wigan and Hull as an example - their players have had more desire to win the matches! Wigan/Hull FFS!!!!

PS - I would be more accepting if we played more youngsters and lost but the desire was there!
    Last edited by baggieal; 04-11-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Picking the bones out of these very articulate posts, I can deduce two facts. Firstly, our owner seems to show very little interest in our club so is unwillng to invest any more cash. Secondly, the majority have now come to the conclusion that Big D is not cut out to be a manager at this moment in time. However, I am sure that we can all see that people like him are an asset to the club but in a role behind the scenes. Just my view.

For me the blame for our situation lies in 3 areas:
    Lai for reasons already stated
    Jones who is trying to fit square objects in round holes. Belgium had world class defenders who are comfortable on the ball, We don't.
    Belgium have world class midfielders who are both creative and full of running. We don't.

Moore. Yes he's been hung out to dry. However as Head coach he decides the system that we're going to play. To a man of his football experience, it should have been obvious weeks ago that 3 at the back won't work and he should have adjusted things. Instead he does the same thing week in week out and plays the same players in positions and roles they are not cut out for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)