+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All the things that jump out.

Just a few points.

When Lai bought the club people were doing somersaults, there were suggestions we would be free from Jeremy the bean counter and the Club would move forward with the wealth of finance that was sure to follow, there were predictions of great times ahead. There was laughter at the Wolves and their new owner and the Villa’s new owners also. Some on the other hand, were concerned and predicted that sale could put the Club into a unstable position and that the end result could be disastrous. And so it comes to pass.

A return trip to the Hawthorns with an overnight stay (no choice) for a game, would cost me somewhere in the region of £500 to £600, it sort of puts me to be totally honest.

My football attendance on a Saturday afternoon is watching my grandsons(8 and below) playing tournament with their club, it great and really enjoyable.

We are were we are, where Mickd predicted we would be upon Dig Davies appointment and where a few of us predicted we would be years ago, when many wanted Jeremy’s head on a spike. Let’s just hope Mr Lai and Big Dave can pull a rabbit out of the hat because at the moment we are in free fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Just a few points.

When Lai bought the club people were doing somersaults, there were suggestions we would be free from Jeremy the bean counter and the Club would move forward with the wealth of finance that was sure to follow, there were predictions of great times ahead. There was laughter at the Wolves and their new owner and the Villa’s new owners also. Some on the other hand, were concerned and predicted that sale could put the Club into a unstable position and that the end result could be disastrous. And so it comes to pass.

A return trip to the Hawthorns with an overnight stay (no choice) for a game, would cost me somewhere in the region of £500 to £600, it sort of puts me to be totally honest.

My football attendance on a Saturday afternoon is watching my grandsons(8 and below) playing tournament with their club, it great and really enjoyable.

We are were we are, where Mickd predicted we would be upon Dig Davies appointment and where a few of us predicted we would be years ago, when many wanted Jeremy’s head on a spike. Let’s just hope Mr Lai and Big Dave can pull a rabbit out of the hat because at the moment we are in free fall.

Mick was indeed spot on with his prediction and still correct! In reply to your post - yes we are in free fall and not just the last four games as indeed luck ( plus Gayle/Barnes ) have gained us more points. You would get more pleasure watching your 8 year old than the dross served up at the moment that's for sure! Wigan/Hull/Blackburn - FFS!

I honestly expect things to get worse so the next away following will dwindle to 500! From 4,000 at Wigan to 1,000 yesterday says it all and Hull only 30 mins further!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Agree with all that Minn Junta. I have always blamed the Board/Owner for the total lack of ambition. I also get the Leicester supporters who worship the departed owner who was fantastic in every sense. In some ways, I feel sorry for Moore but he does need to listen to the majority of the supporters who are now stamping their feet - wrong formations - wrong players selected and wrong subs. For example - 20,000 supporters can't be wrong in that Chris Brunt is no CM and whether he's useful elsewhere - that's down to different views. What about Dawson and Rodriguez - both look totally uninterested - why? Bartley is absolute pants and Leeds fans know and comment they have dodged a bulit.

There's no animation from Big Dave from his box - only the odd whistle - why? I would question whether something is the background is going on!

So yes, I blame the Board/Owner as West Brom have rarely showed any ambition but Moore is beginning to show his inexperience with so many poor decisions. Lose to a very good Leeds side and the out drums will start. I do not want a decision delayed if the rot continues! Had this been a mini blip and all other games were great then fair enough! Name one away game this season when we have been dominant and been much better than the opposition? There is not one sadly!

Can't blame the fans! It's been so many games and whilst there's been no quality to Wigan and Hull as an example - their players have had more desire to win the matches! Wigan/Hull FFS!!!!

PS - I would be more accepting if we played more youngsters and lost but the desire was there!
    Good points. I don't blame DM as he did what most of us would have done and took a great opportunity to advance his career. The fact that he lacks experience and was probably hired as he was a cheap option is the fault of the owner. Sadly, penny pinching and a lack of ambition is in our DNA as a club and has been for years. Jenkins is the ideal man to continue this tradition so I'm not sure if I'm alone here but I'm thinking what is the point of promotion in the first place when our total ambition is to not get relegated? This owner (like so many foreign owners) has zero interest in a Black Country football club, its purely a commercial venture so as with any business we'll see damage limitation as the way forwards. It does make you realise what a decent guy Leicester had when you look at us, Villa and Blues who all had a poor turn of fortune once foreign owners got hold of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionmad View Post
    For me the blame for our situation lies in 3 areas:
    Lai for reasons already stated
    Jones who is trying to fit square objects in round holes. Belgium had world class defenders who are comfortable on the ball, We don't.
    Belgium have world class midfielders who oore. Yes he's been hung out to dry. However as Head coach he decides the system that we're going to play. To a man of his football experience, it should have been obvious weeks ago that 3 at the back won't work and he should have adjusted things. Instead he does the same thing week in week out and plays the same players in positions and roles they are not cut out for.
    Agree mad you can't exspect us to play like Belgium we have mediocre players at best we need to keep it tight & hit teams on the break we have the forwards to do that . Watching Leeds at Wigan keeping the ball strong in the tackles playing fast football its 1:1 @ the min but i fancy Leeds as im watching.

I think that in the past we've seen clubs such as Leeds and Portsmouth throw money to try and stay in the 'big time and fail. So to avoid this we have been frugal and not taken any risk at all. However, in the past few years we have taken this to a new level and consequently haven't made the progress, both on and off the field, that we should have done, culminating in relegation. There is a middle road which we should have taken but it now appears to be in our DNA to follow the careful route and not take any calculated risks. Unfortunately, if we stick to this model we will remain a mediocre championship side and now that we are owned by Lai, who has no interest in us as a football club, this is where we are heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I think that in the past we've seen clubs such as Leeds and Portsmouth throw money to try and stay in the 'big time and fail. So to avoid this we have been frugal and not taken any risk at all. However, in the past few years we have taken this to a new level and consequently haven't made the progress, both on and off the field, that we should have done, culminating in relegation. There is a middle road which we should have taken but it now appears to be in our DNA to follow the careful route and not take any calculated risks. Unfortunately, if we stick to this model we will remain a mediocre championship side and now that we are owned by Lai, who has no interest in us as a football club, this is where we are heading.
    Were heading lower & lower i can't see anyway out unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I agree with everything you say Minn apart from the bit about the stick being dished out to Moore.

If you can be a r s e d to check through threads from around the time DM was appointed I warned of this happening but I said it’d be by the end of October so I’m three days out!

I said that I thought he was a bit dim and although a nice guy that he’d be found out within three months and that his legacy at the club would be tainted and this is now almost inevitable.

A person like DM has more value in being part of the fabric of a club like ours,working behind the scenes and being a “constant” and anybody who thinks he’s “front of house” material does not deserve to be in a position of power themselves!

A manager needs to be a leader and both visible and articulate.....arrogant like many of them or a hugely forceful personality like Pulis or Klopp.....Moore is non of the above,he doesn’t inspire me as a manager and in truth he didn’t much for me as a player either.

We need a manager who can attract players on a budget and at the moment I can only see Steve Bruce as a viable option,regardless of his Vile connection he’s put together many promotion teams and he understands how to build a structure and he’d stand his ground with Mini Me and Peace’s Grim Reaper.

This pathetic half a r s e d,cut price,s h I t show has to stop.

I have vowed not to return to B71 until Lai has gone and I just wish many others would vote with their feet and stop putting money in this clueless t w a t s pocket.

Surely it’s getting close to mass protest time before it’s too late.
    Don't need to check back Mick, I was saying this situation would happen before we got relegated.

As for someone to take us forward it will only be Pearson and Shakespeare for me, they could both become available now due to the unfortunate demise of the Leicester City owner.

I have long since adopted the gambling phylosophy of...'When the fun stops...stop'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)