+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about Lai's

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Firstly, my Apologies Soulman.

Baggieblood, I come on here to discuss West Bromwich Albion with like minded people. We might not always agree, I respect that. I use this site as and when I wish to. I do not use it as often as i once did. That is mainly because the excellent humorous posters of a few years back have stopped posting or sadly left this world.

I do not post much during the day because I work.
    I do not go to Albion games because geographically it is difficult and exceptionally pricey. I understand that seems to be an issue with some on here, however it is my prerogative and to that end I will follow any football club I choose and comment on them in any way I choose, much like people who comment on politics but never go to the House of Commons.

I have to admit that I perhaps do not love West Brom in the same way as you. I love my family members because they are human and can reciprocate that love. I love animals, again they can show you that in return. Loving a football club, the stand and footballers that wear the shirt they have no affiliation too is a little too far for me. I could follow them (if I chose too) I could support them, enjoy the entertainment, but love? I have more important things in life than West Brom. However, that said, I respect that you do love it and pay to go and see them and be entertained! (I think)

We both do not like where West Brom are or where they seem to be heading. I think we can at least agree on that. I would rather JP was still the owner than Mr Lai, you on the other would rather have neither. I just wonder how many owners we are going to have to have to get the perfect one?

How we go about supporting/following West Brom is an individuals choice and I will continue to follow them as I have done since I was a small boy. I was not born there, how or why I chose to follow them is another story. What I do know is generally posters on this site have been more than welcome to accept oversea followers of West Brom with open arms. To that end I shall continue to post as little and often as I desire
    Nobody asks you to follow Albion in any way, it is you who distort the truth and make claims of fans wanting to the c??? Head on a spike and him selling up because of that and then your b ollox Supermarket analogy referring to me as a failed accountant this and that.

And it is not the first time you have done it.

Basically, you want every one to be like you and be lovey dovey with local rival fans and you don't like it when posters aren't abiding by your way of posting.

You have digs about nobody making me pay over inflated prices over the years at the Albion, indeed nobody makes me, but I do it because I support the Albion.

If you don't understand that and why I love the ground and badge that's your issue.

If I want to call the c??? A c??? I will for numerous reasons one of which is the way he treated the Astle family.

You continue praising him, but leave me out of it.

Have your opinion without digs at me.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree with you about Dawson and his body language stinks! He does not want to be with us but he's been found out more now because of the formation and equally with as bad players around him!

Brunt at least did a job in the other positions he played - occasionally! The worst position to put him is CM and he's been ineffective in almost every game. It's more difficult to have a plan B against top premier teams as opposed to the garbage like Hull, Wigan etc etc. I agree the football under Pulis was dire, but nothing beats the last two away games for being so shocking especially when you consider the quality of the opposition.

Can't see Dawson or Rodriguez going for more than 15 million now tops - I would struggle to pay 10! Rodriguez also has been more poor than decent. Whilst, I hated Foster for doing what he did - I must say he's a class above Johnstone who would struggle to get into a premier side - average at best!

Shudder to think had Barnes/Gayle not been with us!
    It's absolute madness Al. The money we have lost by not selling Rondon, J Rod, Dawson and Evans at the right time is baffling.
    We have had players in the past and as soon as a profit could be made bang they were gone. Greening, Curtis Davis etc. The recruitment continued with no effect to the on field activities.
    The turning point for me was failing to step up with £18m for Lukaku when he went to Everton on loan. I am convinced that one signing would have changed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    It's absolute madness Al. The money we have lost by not selling Rondon, J Rod, Dawson and Evans at the right time is baffling.
    We have had players in the past and as soon as a profit could be made bang they were gone. Greening, Curtis Davis etc. The recruitment continued with no effect to the on field activities.
    The turning point for me was failing to step up with £18m for Lukaku when he went to Everton on loan. I am convinced that one signing would have changed everything.
    And if we had sold those 4 how many on here would have screamed "He's asset stripping I told you so"

A few years back I decided to spend the same amount of money on Albion as Jeremy Peace did.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Nobody asks you to follow Albion in any way, it is you who distort the truth and make claims of fans wanting to the c??? Head on a spike and him selling up because of that and then your b ollox Supermarket analogy referring to me as a failed accountant this and that.

Basically, you want every one to be like you and be lovey dovey with local rival fans and you don't like it when posters aren't abiding by your way of posting.

You have digs about nobody making me pay over inflated prices over the years at the Albion, indeed nobody makes me, but I do it because I support the Albion.

If you don't understand that and why I love the ground and badge that's your issue.

If I want to call the c??? A c??? I will for numerous reasons one of which is the way he treated the Astle family.

Baggieblood,

It was not me that picked up on something and decided to go with it.

Look below and see (Quote 1) my first post on the thread "All Things That Jump Out"

You then post on this thread (Quote 2).

I responded to Soulman (Quote 3)

You respond (Quote 4)

I respond (Quote 5)

You respond (Quote 6)

I think this shows how we got to where we are!

No issues here, but if you pull a post apart then expect poster to respond.

In respect of Jeremy Peace, my point is, we were in a better place with him than without, for all his faults.

I did post to you a year ago re your anger at a football fan from another club who was equally passionate about his club as you are yours. The only time before that was snide comments you made about me, my avatar and all because our views differed.

I try to show humility to all.

Have a good day.

Quote 1

Just a few points.

When Lai bought the club people were doing somersaults, there were suggestions we would be free from Jeremy the bean counter and the Club would move forward with the wealth of finance that was sure to follow, there were predictions of great times ahead. There was laughter at the Wolves and their new owner and the Villa’s new owners also. Some on the other hand, were concerned and predicted that sale could put the Club into a unstable position and that the end result could be disastrous. And so it comes to pass.

A return trip to the Hawthorns with an overnight stay (no choice) for a game, would cost me somewhere in the region of £500 to £600, it sort of puts me to be totally honest.

My football attendance on a Saturday afternoon is watching my grandsons(8 and below) playing tournament with their club, it great and really enjoyable.

We are were we are, where Mickd predicted we would be upon Dig Davies appointment and where a few of us predicted we would be years ago, when many wanted Jeremy’s head on a spike. Let’s just hope Mr Lai and Big Dave can pull a rabbit out of the hat because at the moment we are in free fall.
    Quote 2

You can't Blame peace, he was wonderful owner and left an unparalleled legacy.

Some long lost fans are saving their £600 up to one day come and pay homage to the bald one and everything he built.
    Quote 3

Soulman, if you owned a corner shop with a flat above it in which you reside, worth, say a £100,000. You put the flat and shop on the market, intending to leave the area and retire, A gentleman from afar does his due diligence and offers you £300,000. Your customers say please don’t sell to him because he plans to turn the corner shop into a shoe shop and we will have to go a long way to get our shopping.

What you do? Well I know what anyone would do. I know the UK,s top accountant would suggest you take the £100,000 because they know the value of those customers thoughts and how they loved you for charging them inflated prices for years to keep your little shop in the black. They would lose £200,000 because they believe the customers have some kind of ownership of something they utilised but actually never did own and have no right to.

How the people who used the shop for years spent there money is for them. They utilised a service as football fans do for their entertainment (or not). They follow something that they do not own, control and have little, if any say in what goes on within that club.

One man though, one who shopped cautiously over years, saving £600.00 or more a week, well he now owns a supermarket so never goes hungry, unlike the silly little accountant who holds a grudge tighter than a rusted nut, the one who despises the shop keeper for doing sound business, the one who now walks to the supermarket to buy his groceries then slinks home to moan about all that befalls his ruined accountancy career.

The shop keeper, now retired, is enjoying his well earned retirement.
    Quote 4

Soulman, peace was wonderful, he always invested in youth and the stadium.

Look at the the Halford lane and the east stand corners, what exceptional work.

He came in as the west Bromwich born wba fan who forced out Paul Thompson who actually built the East stand.

He certainly backed his managers and was greatly saddened when robbo have agreed fees for ugo and hasselbaink decided he didn't need them after all and would rather go down.

He didn't force longstanding wba shareholders to sell their cherished shares to him and his sister through one scheme or another.

He totally deserved a £30m dividend and £180m fee on top of the £1m annual salary.

He also did not sell to a naive idiot after telling us he would sell to somebody who would have our best interests at heart and would take us forward, but ensured he benefited the most and his statement of "mid championship team" became true.

The thing is soulman you pay your money and back the team you love.

You don't make excuse after excuse for not going and you just don't come on here as it breaks up your day and gives you something to do to away the hours.

In essence your season ticket is your supermarket loyalty card and you were born and bred a baggie and that is what you will always be despite who owns the supermarket.

We should put a statue of the c??? In the east stand toilets so his fans can make the one in a lifetime pilgrimage to his shrine.

Until then pilgrims will make up boll ux that fans wanted the c??? Head on a spike while he was here and basically forced him to sell, when the truth is he wanted to sell for years and employed the divisive and destructive pulis to ensure the top flight status until he sold up to the highest bidder.
    Quote 5

Firstly, my Apologies Soulman.

Baggieblood, I come on here to discuss West Bromwich Albion with like minded people. We might not always agree, I respect that. I use this site as and when I wish to. I do not use it as often as i once did. That is mainly because the excellent humorous posters of a few years back have stopped posting or sadly left this world.

I do not post much during the day because I work.
    I do not go to Albion games because geographically it is difficult and exceptionally pricey. I understand that seems to be an issue with some on here, however it is my prerogative and to that end I will follow any football club I choose and comment on them in any way I choose, much like people who comment on politics but never go to the House of Commons.

I have to admit that I perhaps do not love West Brom in the same way as you. I love my family members because they are human and can reciprocate that love. I love animals, again they can show you that in return. Loving a football club, the stand and footballers that wear the shirt they have no affiliation too is a little too far for me. I could follow them (if I chose too) I could support them, enjoy the entertainment, but love? I have more important things in life than West Brom. However, that said, I respect that you do love it and pay to go and see them and be entertained! (I think)

We both do not like where West Brom are or where they seem to be heading. I think we can at least agree on that. I would rather JP was still the owner than Mr Lai, you on the other would rather have neither. I just wonder how many owners we are going to have to have to get the perfect one?

How we go about supporting/following West Brom is an individuals choice and I will continue to follow them as I have done since I was a small boy. I was not born there, how or why I chose to follow them is another story. What I do know is generally posters on this site have been more than welcome to accept oversea followers of West Brom with open arms. To that end I shall continue to post as little and often as I desire
    Quote 6

Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 07-11-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Let's put this latest spat in context. You have had digs at me for years.

You don't like the fact I don't like wolves and villa, and subscribe to your love thy neighbour philosophy and around this time last year you went as low as to write that it was an insult to the soldiers who had died who supported other teams and still fought side by side.

Then I responded to you about what a disgrace you were and that it was you who was equating the brutality of war with football rivalry.

Do you recall that?

Then you make more stuff up and say fans wanted peace out and his head on a spike.

Then you say:

"I have to admit that I perhaps do not love West Brom in the same way as you. I love my family members because they are human and can reciprocate that love. I love animals, again they can show you that in return. Loving a football club, the stand and footballers that wear the shirt they have no affiliation too is a little too far for me. I could follow them (if I chose too) I could support them, enjoy the entertainment, but love?"

Loving my family and other things is a given and I don't need to write about them on an WBA fan site as websites like mumsnet are for that.

In relation to the Albion, well, I speak for myself when I say I love the Albion because they were pioneers in putting talent over prejudice when others threw bananas and made monkey noises, and how it helps its community with initiatives for the disabled, learning impaired and the able bodied, it also gives me tremendous joy occasionally and It has lifted me when I have had difficult times in my life.

I don't think of others as mugs paying over inflated prices to watch them, I think of them as supporters.

You save your £600 and enhance your Supermarket, whilst this failed accountant will support the Albion by paying "inflated prices".

And to be honest £25 isn't that inflated, and when you finally make your pilgrimage to pay homage to peace, if you don't spend a night at the savoy you may be able to do it for less than £600 (the premier inn advertise rooms from £19), and train line do cheap train tickets.

Then you could hear the song :

"We love you Albion, we do. We love you Albion we do, oh Albion we love you".

You could then ask those singing it, why they don't love their dog instead.

Let's put this latest spat in context. You have had digs at me for years.

You don't like the fact I don't like wolves and villa, and subscribe to your love thy neighbour philosophy and around this time last year you went as low as to write that it was an insult to the soldiers who had died who supported other teams and still fought side by side.

Then I responded to you about what a disgrace you were and that it was you who was equating the brutality of war with football rivalry.

Do you recall that?

Then you make more stuff up and say fans wanted peace out and his head on a spike.

Then you say:

"I have to admit that I perhaps do not love West Brom in the same way as you. I love my family members because they are human and can reciprocate that love. I love animals, again they can show you that in return. Loving a football club, the stand and footballers that wear the shirt they have no affiliation too is a little too far for me. I could follow them (if I chose too) I could support them, enjoy the entertainment, but love?"

Loving my family and other things is a given and I don't need to write about them on an WBA fan site as websites like mumsnet are for that.

In relation to the Albion, well, I speak for myself when I say I love the Albion because they were pioneers in putting talent over prejudice when others threw bananas and made monkey noises, and how it helps its community with initiatives for the disabled, learning impaired and the able bodied, it also gives me tremendous joy occasionally and It has lifted me when I have had difficult times in my life.

I don't think of others as mugs paying over inflated prices to watch them, I think of them as supporters.

You save your £600 and enhance your Supermarket, whilst this failed accountant will support the Albion by paying "inflated prices".

And to be honest £25 isn't that inflated, and when you finally make your pilgrimage to pay homage to peace, if you don't spend a night at the savoy you may be able to do it for less than £600 (the premier inn advertise rooms from £19), and train line do cheap train tickets.

Then you could hear the song :

"We love you Albion, we do. We love you Albion we do, oh Albion we love you".

You could then ask those singing it, why they don't love their dog instead.
    And you say I take things out of context and lie. You brought up the £600.00, that I mentioned in a post previously.
    I never said it was you that wanted JP’s head on a spike. I never said you were the accountant, I never said you did not love your family.
    Many Albion wanted Peace out, many wanted Pauli’s out.

I spoke as I see, without anger or profanities.
    I did task task with your post of anger at other on Armastice Day, for me personally it was wrong and I stand by that. You, as I understand it can’t see that and did not like it when I did this. I will admit it was because of your underhand digs at me and my thoughts on West Brom that sort of made me feel you dig at anything not Albion or anyone who is not agreeing with you. That is your choice.

You make so many points that are incorrect, twisting everything and taking things said generally, so personally.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I will continue to speak my mind, truthfully and not twist things.

Have a good day fella.

........you don't spend a night at the savoy you may be able to do it for less than £600 (the premier inn advertise rooms from £19), and train line do cheap train tickets............
    I think it’s probably a little late to book for those prices Blood. Perhaps you could invite BMG to stay over at yours for the night? Central Birmingham location, ideal transportation links from Birmingham International to both Birmingham city centre and the Hawthorns. Why mention Birmingham International I hear you ask?

Well I popped onto Skyscanner earlier and there’s a flight leaving Guernsey on Saturday morning at 09:40 hrs, it’s due to land at Birmingham International by 10:50 hrs. This would leave GMB plenty of time to clear baggage handling and meet you in Brum’ where you can enjoy each other’s company and chat about all things Albion and Baggies Banter prior to kick off at 17:30 hrs.

The return leaves Sunday afternoon at 14:50 hrs and is due to land in Guernsey at 15:55 hrs, thus facilitating a timely return to Guernsey for GMB ahead of the working week. It would also enable you to either cook BMG a hearty breakfast prior to his departure, or enable a pub crawl across Brum’ to complete what could be a fun weekend.

This return flight costs £217. With a match ticket coming in at £20 and free overnight stay courtesy of your good self, this represents remarkably better value for money than BMG’s estimate of £600. Wouldn’t you agree? You never know, it may even lead to a wonderful and lifelong friendship.

Just here to help folks ……. .

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport...f=home#results

I twist things, you need to look in the mirror!

The post you refer to wasn't written by me on Armistice day, you just chose to respond to it then directing your post at me, so that wasn't personal to me?

I responded basically that how dare you try to link an unrelated football post to Armistice day and that my Grandfather had fought in Burma and you disparaged that service by saying you were sure many had served and not just my Grandfather.

Tell me is that twisted too?

You were referring to me when saying failed accountant as it was to do with the the interpretation of the Wba fc accounts.

I don't disagree with you re Albion, as you never actually talk about Albion, you just dig others out for their opinion and how they respond to fans of the opposition.

I have never seen a post from you suggesting a player we sign or a system we play or anything at all to do with the Albion.

Just dig after dig at how others post.

Keep me up to date on the pilgrims progress.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    And if we had sold those 4 how many on here would have screamed "He's asset stripping I told you so"
    Yeh good point

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)