+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The truth about Lai's

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Afternoon 68. Brighton and Huddersfield are far superior to Hull and Wigan and whilst the football under Pulis ( lacked any form of entertainment ) the latest four matches in my view were worse! Don't get me wrong, I am glad Pulis went but at least we could defend but our defense now is embarrassing! Whilst Johnstone is OK, Foster is a different class altogether.

Darren Moore is not learning though - he's still playing Brunt in CM where he's ineffective - playing 3 at the back which is not working - playing players that are not good enough, and making poor subs. This does not just come down to experience but tactical and strategic nous and being able to have a plan B. Derby was embarrassing! The supporters have not turned on masse but many at Hull were targeting their disgust at Moore, and anything other than a decent performance on Saturday will not be good for him! Even the IN/OUT survey on the board resulted in the majority saying OUT so this is reflective in a small way of opinion!

I don't mind losing to a better team as most of the teams in the Premier league were better than us. I do mind losing though without any fight, energy, drive and love of the badge from experienced players some of which still think they are Premier league. They are not!

Lets see what Saturday brings but you can't just deploy the same formation, same players and expect things to turn around magically - they won't! We were bloody lucky at Forest, Sheffield and Blues and should have lost, so not even a blip either which to be fair, all teams have one.

Lets pray Gayle is back but again pathetic how you have to pray that our two loan players can do the deed for us!
    Hello again Al’ and thanks for getting back to me, especially given you took the time to reply twice; easy tiger or people will start talking about our 'away days' around the country .

Brighton and Huddersfield were easily better than Hull, yet describing either as ‘far superior’ suggests a Man City style chasm and really stretches a point. Further I’d have backed Paul Cook’s Wigan from this season against either of the (then) newly promoted Brighton or Huddersfield. Neither of them were all that and the simple truth is we adopted completely the wrong tactics in both games, just as we did in many others under TP. You and I both know that, we really do you know .

Organised and experienced (TP) doesn’t necessarily bring better results over time, especially if the initial mind set is questionable. Now I’m aware of Boro’s position in the table and I’ve no wish to dissemble or disrespect TP’s tenure. Its’ old history now and was boring enough in the flesh the first time around. However, it’s interesting you raise Plan B in relation to Darren Moore. Exactly what was the more experienced TP’s Plan B again?

It’s fine if you don’t get straight back to me on that one as I already have the answer. It’s a rhetorical question anyway, but one I’m asking on behalf of a regular non posting reader/lurker of this forum. He’d really like to know if you’ve got the time. But while we’re on the subject failing to gain enough points over so many games between March/April and October/November all be it at a higher level (can’t remember the exact dates and can’t be bothered to check), begs the question of whether we were actually defending well under TP, or just sitting there and not attacking. There’s a huge difference, and one which suggests any Plan A, B C………..Z of the time was ineffective.

I agree that three at the back isn’t working in its current format; you’ll get no argument from me on that one. Those chosen to play out from the back are currently not up to what’s being asked of them, the midfield are often outnumbered and Johnstone’s decision making and distribution need to improve, a lot. All are points I’ve posted on before, they’re not lost on me and Derby really was bad. We started OK but J Rod’s sublime through ball was a kick in the gonads, we fell apart following their second and the performance as a whole just wasn’t good enough and neither was Hull. I don’t wear welding goggles to games Al’ and was able to see for myself .

We have also been fortunate to accumulate the amount of points we currently have, several of the teams we’ve faced should have been out of sight before we turned things around. But they weren’t and we took advantage of their ineptitude in front of goal, just as we did at times under TP. Swings, roundabouts and semantics Al’. What I’m hoping for now is greater flexibility and a more imaginative response to our current short comings than those we ‘enjoyed’ under more recent incumbents of the hot seat.

Time will tell.

COYB .

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Baggieblood,

Armistice Day is the 11th November, the Sunday is Remembrance Sunday.

You still have not said what was offensive in my response to you re your relatives!

You never do answer questions posed in respect of your allegations.
    Which question have i not answered?

The answer to your disparaging remark is post 63 on the original Anyone listen to wm last night? thread, it is down to perception. You perceive my p iss taking threads as hate fueled and i perceive your comment about my Grandfather's service like i do, it's subjective.

If my answer is not the one you want then that is your issue.

Back to the original thread, Yes, I posted on the 11/11/17 at 5.14pm, hours after 11am, and on a day which was not Remembrance Sunday, when all of the UK and commonwealth countries pay their respects.

It was you who brought up a trivial p iss take thread on Remembrance Sunday, the day people pay their respects and remember the sacrifices of others, see post 16 on the original thread, in the hope I am sure to get a negative response on said day.

You know you were referring to Remembrance Sunday (RS) , because you had that little dig about not forgetting about the 2 minute silence.

A dingle in post 21 referred to you and said "It must be fantastic to speak from such Moral High Ground!"

I didn't post on RS and left it until post 34 on 13/11/17 out of respect for sacrifices of others.

Now let's look at your post on RS.

Another classic thread! - Thanks I appreciate the kind words.

99 years to the day the WW1 ended, where so many brave men lost their lives and we are down to this. - what depravity are we down to? Some p iss taking about football on a football fan site.

Men fron West Bromwich and Wolverhampton would have stood shoulder to shoulder.- I am sure they did.

Now they argue pathetic insulting war of words over who's team is the better. - Where is any comment from me that my team is better?

It brinds back memories of the school playground, "my dads bigger than your dad. - Nice I am glad it brought those memories rushing back to you.

Batter truely lost on some or is down to the day and the time of it.- The day wasn't RS, did you scour the rest of the net that day to see what c rap had been written everywhere else.

Mickd's post about this site dying on it's arse brought a few suggestions why it is so doing. This type of post is a very good example of why it is dying.- Has Mickd written p iss taking threads about Vile and dings and did you bring it to his attention? There are lots of these kinds threads posted, why is it only mine that irk you?

This board was one of the busiest a few years ago but not anymore. People come on here to moan, discuss, have the odd rant but most of all to talk about West Brom and football in general - do they? or do they peddle whatever s hit they want, unchecked?

I have not posted since April because of posts being highjacked by the same people. The whole idea of this board was lost with futile petty arguing.- Some posts did turn into back and forth, but since a certain poster was banned, has that not stopped.

I doubt this post will do much other than get a pile of abuse but for the sake of this board I hope the author of this antagonistic post will reflect on why they posted it in the first place.- You didn't get the abuse on RS, as you had intended, never mind there's always next time.

Don't forget the two minute silence today to reflect one those poor souls who gave their lives and how lucky we are because of them.- I didn't, but thanks for the patronising reminder.

Now let's get back to your Moral high ground the dingle referred to, where was it when on this thread going downhill because of my threads, when a poster called homo***uality a perversion or when when it was argued that Brexit is bad if you want any chance of keeping a white England, where was your ire then?

We had openly gay posters like Johnnybigbanana on here a while back, an ex soldier who fought for this country, now what do you think drove him away, my p iss taking thread or the homophobic comments.

Not to mention the casual racism, that doesn't drive people away.

We didn't fight Hitler because he wanted everyone who didn't fit in with his master race b ollux, which meant anyone different, disabled or gay was killed, we fought him for what he wrote about the dingles.

Get a grip and grow a backbone and pipe up when actual s hit is peddled on here with one agenda or another!!!
    Last edited by BaggieBlood; 08-11-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello again Al’ and thanks for getting back to me, especially given you took the time to reply twice; easy tiger or people will start talking about our 'away days' around the country .

Brighton and Huddersfield were easily better than Hull, yet describing either as ‘far superior’ suggests a Man City style chasm and really stretches a point. Further I’d have backed Paul Cook’s Wigan from this season against either of the (then) newly promoted Brighton or Huddersfield. Neither of them were all that and the simple truth is we adopted completely the wrong tactics in both games, just as we did in many others under TP. You and I both know that, we really do you know .

Organised and experienced (TP) doesn’t necessarily bring better results over time, especially if the initial mind set is questionable. Now I’m aware of Boro’s position in the table and I’ve no wish to dissemble or disrespect TP’s tenure. Its’ old history now and was boring enough in the flesh the first time around. However, it’s interesting you raise Plan B in relation to Darren Moore. Exactly what was the more experienced TP’s Plan B again?

It’s fine if you don’t get straight back to me on that one as I already have the answer. It’s a rhetorical question anyway, but one I’m asking on behalf of a regular non posting reader/lurker of this forum. He’d really like to know if you’ve got the time. But while we’re on the subject failing to gain enough points over so many games between March/April and October/November all be it at a higher level (can’t remember the exact dates and can’t be bothered to check), begs the question of whether we were actually defending well under TP, or just sitting there and not attacking. There’s a huge difference, and one which suggests any Plan A, B C………..Z of the time was ineffective.

I agree that three at the back isn’t working in its current format; you’ll get no argument from me on that one. Those chosen to play out from the back are currently not up to what’s being asked of them, the midfield are often outnumbered and Johnstone’s decision making and distribution need to improve, a lot. All are points I’ve posted on before, they’re not lost on me and Derby really was bad. We started OK but J Rod’s sublime through ball was a kick in the gonads, we fell apart following their second and the performance as a whole just wasn’t good enough and neither was Hull. I don’t wear welding goggles to games Al’ and was able to see for myself .

We have also been fortunate to accumulate the amount of points we currently have, several of the teams we’ve faced should have been out of sight before we turned things around. But they weren’t and we took advantage of their ineptitude in front of goal, just as we did at times under TP. Swings, roundabouts and semantics Al’. What I’m hoping for now is greater flexibility and a more imaginative response to our current short comings than those we ‘enjoyed’ under more recent incumbents of the hot seat.

Time will tell.

COYB .

Good points 68 but Big Dave will get more flak rightly or wrongly, because of the teams we are now playing which are certainly not Premier league standard. Football is about opinions we all know, but most of the issues at the moment - back 3 - Brunt in CM - wrong subs - the majority of the supporters can't be wrong and that's my issue! I still don't think DM sees it so things won't change.

Lets see! I hope for DM he pulls it around as he's a good honest guy, but I can't see it! Lose to Leeds and perform badly the drums will be beating and rightly so. There was a lot of pissed off people at Hull and yes they were blaming DM. Going from almost 4,000 at Wigan to 1050 at Hull also tells the feeling!

For me - we need a warrior type of player in midfield ( more like another Mulumbo ) who can be a captain and boss the game and take it by the scruff of the neck..........

I felt sick when all the Forest supporters were singing the praise of Yacob saying how good he was! Nobody could convince me otherwise, the manager ( DM ) could not have persuaded both GMac and Yacob to stay and got them new deals. It would be the same manager who also rubber stamped Mears and Bartley who are both poor. Another classic example of inexperience and aren't Mears and Bartley old chums?
    Last edited by baggieal; 08-11-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Good points 68 but Big Dave will get more flak rightly or wrongly, because of the teams we are now playing which are certainly not Premier league standard. Football is about opinions we all know, but most of the issues at the moment - back 3 - Brunt in CM - wrong subs - the majority of the supporters can't be wrong and that's my issue! I still don't think DM sees it so things won't change.

Lets see! I hope for DM he pulls it around as he's a good honest guy, but I can't see it! Lose to Leeds and perform badly the drums will be beating and rightly so. There was a lot of pissed off people at Hull and yes they were blaming DM. Going from almost 4,000 at Wigan to 1050 at Hull also tells the feeling!

For me - we need a warrior type of player in midfield ( more like another Mulumbo ) who can be a captain and boss the game and take it by the scruff of the neck..........

I felt sick when all the Forest supporters were singing the praise of Yacob saying how good he was! Nobody could convince me otherwise, the manager ( DM ) could not have persuaded both GMac and Yacob to stay and got them new deals. It would be the same manager who also rubber stamped Mears and Bartley who are both poor. Another classic example of inexperience and aren't Mears and Bartley old chums?
    Darren Moore will receive flak regardless of whether it’s right or wrong because it goes with the territory. Most of the clubs in this division have decent committed players who shouldn't be underestimated. By default they often lack Premier League quality, yet according to many both here and elsewhere ours lacks quality too. If that’s the case those ‘expecting’ us to blow teams away and be in or about the top two can’t have it both ways, be they a majority or not.

I’m of the opinion we lack drive and invention but still have resources many in this Division would die for. I’m also of the opinion those resources are/have not been utilised to their fullest (thus far at least) in terms of recruitment and general performance. I very much doubt Tyrone Mears was anywhere near the top of Darren Moore’s shopping list, and personally believe Bartley was brought in as Dawson’s replacement as opposed to becoming the yin to his non footballing yang. By the way, resolute head on the block defender he once was Dawson’s always been an awful football player. That he’s now required to pass to team mates over distances in excess of ten yards must be of great inconvenience. And don’t mention Burnley when he’s within ear shot either, although that’s ‘ear’sier said than done .

In the meantime we’re experimenting as other sides have found a rhythm. It frustrates me that we haven’t as yet, and I question some of DM’s in game changes to formation and his substitutions. But those frustrations don’t bring me to call for his head, question his intellect or doubt his endeavours. They make we want to see a modern day footballing Albion hero grow into his new role, grab the poisoned chalice of working with Jenkins by the balls and succeed.

Quote:

In which game did the Forest supporters sing the praise of Yacob???????

He has yet to start for them and has only been on the bench once, in the EFL Cup, according to my information!!!

Could you enlarge upon your above statement, please.

Just checked on McCauley's progress at Rangers. He hasn't even made the bench!!!!
    Last edited by sweeper5; 08-11-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    Quote:

In which game did the Forest supporters sing the praise of Yacob???????

He has yet to start for them and has only been on the bench once, in the EFL Cup, according to my information!!!

Could you enlarge upon your above statement, please.

Just checked on McCauley's progress at Rangers. He hasn't even made the bench!!!!
    Hello Sweep.

I hope you don't mind me answering for Al'.

But in his absence your information is incorrect.

Yacob made his full League debut against Sheffield United on Saturday.

All of the accounts I've read online from Forest supporters were very high in their praise of him.

Played an absolute blinder apparently.

My mistake and I apologise for my error, but nevertheless he'll have his say!

This stuff is become tedious in the extreme.....no wonder people give up posting.

Can you not just get together pre match and kick the s h I t out of each other like back in the old days?

Life’s too short,either give it a rest or have a ruck.

Good posters on both sides of this divide by the way,just a pity this open sore continues between the same old protagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    This stuff is become tedious in the extreme.....no wonder people give up posting.

Can you not just get together pre match and kick the s h I t out of each other like back in the old days?

Life’s too short,either give it a rest or have a ruck.

Good posters on both sides of this divide by the way,just a pity this open sore continues between the same old protagonists.

Hear! hear!

I once worked with a lad who was a member of an angling club over in Shropshire, I won’t name it. He came into work the one day and told me what happened at the weekend. Apparently two posters had been at it so much online they decided to meet on the bank of the pool and have it out.

There’s obviously something about the written word on a screen, they are accompanied by no facial expression (emoji’s aside!) no tone of voice or body language. I don’t think for one minute a fraction of these discussions would take place at all if they were face to face.

We all get drawn into spats occasionally, I’m no angel myself so I’m not giving it the ‘Holier than thou’ but it does beg the question, why the hell is it allowed to go Ariston and on and on😴😴.

Chris, 55’, I would genuinely welcome your feedback chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    My mistake and I apologise for my error, but nevertheless he'll have his say!

Did you not see the match against Sheffield Utd so thanks 68! You should keep your trap firmly shut at all times unless you get your facts right! Good point from Mick - how about Ipswich away or Sheffield Utd away? You are quick to come out with so much crap about all things West Brom or you might want to go to your first game and we can "debate" this further!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)