+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The truth about Lai's

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    A few years back I decided to spend the same amount of money on Albion as Jeremy Peace did.

Funny that - I spent 2 quid in the Walton Club at Hull on a box of chips which is equivalent to what Peace spent on Albion. I did think about stripping the tiles off this working mans club to be equal with Peace when he improved the Hawthorns by removing the Police Box in the Smethwick. The guy on the door collecting £1 for entry though was a pensioner and was guarding everything in sight!

The guy on the door was wearing tweed and very well turned out - got me suspicious that he could have pocketed the dividends other than our Roland

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I twist things, you need to look in the mirror!

The post you refer to wasn't written by me on Armistice day, you just chose to respond to it then directing your post at me, so that wasn't personal to me?

I responded basically that how dare you try to link an unrelated football post to Armistice day and that my Grandfather had fought in Burma and you disparaged that service by saying you were sure many had served and not just my Grandfather.

Tell me is that twisted too?

You were referring to me when saying failed accountant as it was to do with the the interpretation of the Wba fc accounts.

I don't disagree with you re Albion, as you never actually talk about Albion, you just dig others out for their opinion and how they respond to fans of the opposition.

I have never seen a post from you suggesting a player we sign or a system we play or anything at all to do with the Albion.

Just dig after dig at how others post.

Keep me up to date on the pilgrims progress.

Baggieblood, this is the post. You were the author. You deny being the author. And I twist things!

You say I never discuss West Brom, players or tactics. Really. Check back and have a look. I am not too over opinionated but make comments on occasions. You say you don’t twist things! Incredible.

QUOTE=Baggiemadguern;38702925]QUOTE=BaggieBlood;38702542]Dings phoning in stating they'll be in Europe next year.

Must be going for it in the fa cup this season, as last I looked promotion, if attained does not offer a European place.

They have a habit of jumping the gun.

Always had money thrown at them, never done nowt.

Always had that arrogance.

Always have to live with the bottle job that led to our 2002 promotion.

Even vile Al rang in to see if the dings had been Promoted.

I'd love it if Cardiff and Sheffield United took the top 2 places. They spent nothing and proper graft and teamwork has got them up there.

Didn't the dings not sign fat Leon Clarke twice for millions and then give him frees?[/QUOTE]

Another classic thread!

99 years to the day the WW1 ended, where so many brave men lost their lives and we are down to this.

Men fron West Bromwich and Wolverhampton would have stood shoulder to shoulder.

Now they argue pathetic insulting war of words over who's team is the better.

It brinds back memories of the school playground, "my dads bigger than your dad.

Batter truely lost on some or is down to the day and the time of it.

Mickd's post about this site dying on it's arse brought a few suggestions why it is so doing. This type of post is a very good example of why it is dying.

This board was one of the busiest a few years ago but not anymore. People come on here to moan, discuss, have the odd rant but most of all to talk about West Brom and football in general.

I have not posted since April because of posts being highjacked by the same people. The whole idea of this board was lost with futile petty arguing.

I doubt this post will do much other than get a pile of abuse but for the sake of this board I hope the author of this antagonistic post will reflect on why they posted it in the first place.

Don't forget the two minute silence today to reflect one those poor souls who gave their lives and how lucky we are because of them.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply, but I was out seeing the new Bohemian Rhapsody film, ignore the critics folks it's brilliant.

Where have denied anything. To the contrary, I have said several times above, that you don't like my threads taking the p iss out opposition fans and teams and referred to this one where you brought up Armistice day as a cheap shot, as if one has anything to do with the other.

I am surprised I didn't get arrested for that thread as it is so, so offensive.

Similar threads from other poster have never caught your attention.

Just because I don't subscribe to your love thy neighbour, come ba yah doctrine, doesn't make me a lesser person who you can tell what to write.

There is a lot on here I don't agree with, so ignore it and move on.

That p iss taking thread was such an affront to your sensibilities that you made up that it was written in anger by me.

That thread of mine is destroying this forum?

Not the homophobic comments like "homo***uality is a perversion" or the equally abhorrent one advocating "remaining part of the European Union is the only way of ensuring England stays white".

Nor the frequent use of the word "paki".

No, none of those kind of comments pique your ire, yet my tongue in cheek p iss take of the arrogant dingle fans on the radio does, strange that.

I am glad you had time to look for the thread, I was going to do it tomorrow when I am on a desktop.

But, how about you putting your quote disparaging my Grandfather's service in Burma in that same thread by saying that many people had served.

It's odd that many brave souls fought for our freedoms, yet out all of the above examples my p iss taking thread of dingles was the one that really got your goat.

Baggiesblood Quote But, how about you putting your quote disparaging my Grandfather's service in Burma in that same thread by saying that many people had served. Quote

What I wrote about people in that war, and responded to your being proud of your family was this

’I would suggest most have relatives who have fought bravely for their country, I have and what they did was a wonderful thing and I too feel very proud of what they did but sad that they had to face what they faced and for the effect it had on them the rest of there lives.’

How does that disparage your relatives. You try to fit things to support an argument that has no validity.

You did deny writing the post on Armistice Day 2016. Look at the “Anyone Listen WM last night thread”. You were the author on Armistice Day last year.
    Last edited by Baggiemadguern; 08-11-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Baggiesblood Quote But, how about you putting your quote disparaging my Grandfather's service in Burma in that same thread by saying that many people had served. Quote

What I wrote about people in that war, and responded to your being proud of your family was this

’I would suggest most have relatives who have fought bravely for their country, I have and what they did was a wonderful thing and I too feel very proud of what they did but sad that they had to face what they faced and for the effect it had on them the rest of there lives.’

How does that disparage your relatives. You try to fit things to support an argument that has no validity.

You did deny writing the post on Armistice Day 2016. Look at the “Anyone Listen WM last night thread”. You were the author on Armistice Day last year.

Rather than get in on this debate, I will say to "This board was one of the busiest a few years ago but not anymore. People come on here to moan, discuss, have the odd rant but most of all to talk about West Brom and football in general"

There's not much to talk about all things West Brom other than to moan as it's the worst squad, I can remember! I still go to all the games but the hot dogs and pints were more appealing at Wigan and Hull than the football!

Posts like those from Blood, Mick and Des in particular which are tongue in cheek, witty, are what makes good reading on this site. Talking points about **** players like Bartley, Mears, and our midfield turn you to drink!

"As for boards being busiest in the past" - all boards are quiet now due to the adverts and people switching to other forums ie West Ham etc. The Vile board used to be hugely busy but now hardly any of their posters bother as they are lucky to get a couple of posts a day. So it's people like Blood, Mick and Des with the witty comments that keep this board interesting and funny!

So in summary - Peace is a greedy t wat - cyclists should pay road tax - McClean is a disrespectful w anker and Big Dave does not know plan B from his shoelaces and hey Jeremy Corbyn is a dick! Now that's appealing............

Now back to the positives of our footie - can't thing of anything to say
    Last edited by baggieal; 08-11-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    ........There's not much to talk about all things West Brom other than to moan as it's the worst squad, I can remember! I still go to all the games but the hot dogs and pints were more appealing at Wigan and Hull than the football...........
    Al' (and I say this with the very greatest of respect), if this is the worst Albion squad that you can remember then you want to lay off the booze for a bit as it's clearly affecting your memory . The pies and beers were indeed better than the football on display at both Wigan and Hull, but if you think those performances were worse than many under Pulis then I'm of a different opinion.

Fair enough in so far as they were at a higher level but Brighton away, Southampton away, Huddersfield away were all under Pulis's watch and were far worse. There were other bad performances but none of those teams would have struck fear into the top six with their respective squads.

Organisation is one thing, but organised sh it is till sh it and I for one am glad Pulis is no longer here. Darren Moore's learning as he goes, hopefully he and Jones will learn quicker as they go along. Many voiced their disgust post match versus Hull but the supporters haven't turned en masse.

See you at Ipswich and COYB .

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post

"The post you refer to wasn't written by me on Armistice day, you just chose to respond to it then directing your post at me, so that wasn't personal to me?"

I wrote this in a post above.

How is it denying anything. It clearly says my thread was not posted on Armistice day, which was Sunday 12/11/17. The thread was posted after the games on Saturday 11/11/18. You even commented with another dig about " don't forget the 2 minute silence".

If you had classed Saturday 11/11/17, then my thread at 5.17pm would already have passed the 2 minute silence so your twisting stuff to your agenda.

Also. Show me the hate in the p iss taking post?

Read the abhorrent posts I referred to above, there is your hate, but where's your indignation?

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Al' (and I say this with the very greatest of respect), if this is the worst Albion squad that you can remember then you want to lay off the booze for a bit as it's clearly affecting your memory . The pies and beers were indeed better than the football on display at both Wigan and Hull, but if you think those performances were worse than many under Pulis then I'm of a different opinion.

Fair enough in so far as they were at a higher level but Brighton away, Southampton away, Huddersfield away were all under Pulis's watch and were far worse. There were other bad performances but none of those teams would have struck fear into the top six with their respective squads.

Organisation is one thing, but organised sh it is till sh it and I for one am glad Pulis is no longer here. Darren Moore's learning as he goes, hopefully he and Jones will learn quicker as they go along. Many voiced their disgust post match versus Hull but the supporters haven't turned en masse.

Afternoon 68. Brighton and Huddersfield are far superior to Hull and Wigan and whilst the football under Pulis ( lacked any form of entertainment ) the latest four matches in my view were worse! Don't get me wrong, I am glad Pulis went but at least we could defend but our defense now is embarrassing! Whilst Johnstone is OK, Foster is a different class altogether.

Darren Moore is not learning though - he's still playing Brunt in CM where he's ineffective - playing 3 at the back which is not working - playing players that are not good enough, and making poor subs. This does not just come down to experience but tactical and strategic nous and being able to have a plan B. Derby was embarrassing! The supporters have not turned on masse but many at Hull were targeting their disgust at Moore, and anything other than a decent performance on Saturday will not be good for him! Even the IN/OUT survey on the board resulted in the majority saying OUT so this is reflective in a small way of opinion!

I don't mind losing to a better team as most of the teams in the Premier league were better than us. I do mind losing though without any fight, energy, drive and love of the badge from experienced players some of which still think they are Premier league.

Lets see what Saturday brings but you can't just deploy the same formation, same players and expect things to turn around magically - they won't! We were bloody lucky at Forest, Sheffield and Blues and should have lost, so not even a blip either which to be fair, all teams have one.

Lets pray Gayle is back but again pathetic how you have to pray that our two loan players can do the deed for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

Afternoon 68. Brighton and Huddersfield are far superior to Hull and Wigan and whilst the football under Pulis ( lacked any form of entertainment ) the latest four matches in my view were worse! Don't get me wrong, I am glad Pulis went but at least we could defend but our defense now is embarrassing! Whilst Johnstone is OK, Foster is a different class altogether.

Darren Moore is not learning though - he's still playing Brunt in CM where he's ineffective - playing 3 at the back which is not working - playing players that are not good enough, and making poor subs. This does not just come down to experience but tactical and strategic nous and being able to have a plan B. Derby was embarrassing! The supporters have not turned on masse but many at Hull were targeting their disgust at Moore, and anything other than a decent performance on Saturday will not be good for him! Even the IN/OUT survey on the board resulted in the majority saying OUT so this is reflective in a small way of opinion!

I don't mind losing to a better team as most of the teams in the Premier league were better than us. I do mind losing though without any fight, energy, drive and love of the badge from experienced players some of which still think they are Premier league. They are not!

Lets see what Saturday brings but you can't just deploy the same formation, same players and expect things to turn around magically - they won't! We were bloody lucky at Forest, Sheffield and Blues and should have lost, so not even a blip either which to be fair, all teams have one.

Lets pray Gayle is back but again pathetic how you have to pray that our two loan players can do the deed for us!

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    "The post you refer to wasn't written by me on Armistice day, you just chose to respond to it then directing your post at me, so that wasn't personal to me?"

I wrote this in a post above.

How is it denying anything. It clearly says my thread was not posted on Armistice day, which was Sunday 12/11/17. The thread was posted after the games on Saturday 11/11/18. You even commented with another dig about " don't forget the 2 minute silence".

If you had classed Saturday 11/11/17, then my thread at 5.17pm would already have passed the 2 minute silence so your twisting stuff to your agenda.

Also. Show me the hate in the p iss taking post?

Read the abhorrent posts I referred to above, there is your hate, but where's your indignation?
    Baggieblood,

Armistice Day is the 11th November, the Sunday is Remembrance Sunday.

You still have not said what was offensive in my response to you re your relatives!

You never do answer questions posed in respect of your allegations.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)