+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T That nice Mr McClean is at it again ......

O/T That nice Mr McClean is at it again ......

I can’t say what I think of him on here or I would get banned

I have a re-occurring dream

Involves Broadfoot, McClean and a locked room

Only one emerges !

I understand why he doesn't wear a poppy but he must understand why it angers people all over the world and why he refuses to.

For him to write this

“To the section of uneducated cavemen in the left-hand corner of the Boothen End stand that want to song their anti-Irish song each game and call me a Fenian this and that... I am a PROUD FENIAN no c@#t will ever change that, so sing away.”

Makes it easier for me to return the compiment! You're a c@#t Mr. McClean. The peope you call cavemen helped build the society that you have taken money from by providing you and your colleagues a safe pace to live and work!
    The world wouldn't be the same if it wasn't for the sacrifice made by so many to create this privolidged life you live!

When you get the chance have a look at the crowd scenes & notice how many in the crowd are not wearing a poppy
    why should a football club have the right to tell emloyees that they must,
    does your employer insist that you do so?
    If you were a Celtic supporter would you accept being told to wear a Rangers shirt by your employer or vice versa
    I always wear a poppy but that is my choice & isn't having the freedom to choose why so many lives were lost?

Does he have the right to call folk who dissagree with him a caveman or a c@#t?

I think this story has evolved over the years to be honest, and both 'sides' are now entrenched, he's got his absolute right to do what he thinks is right, fair enough, he has always explained that and lets be honest, he's always had stick for it from certain sections of opposing fans, he's now started to react more vociferously, and therefore opened himself up to more stick...

It's his business, and folk should respect that, by the same token, he should also keep his trap shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    When you get the chance have a look at the crowd scenes & notice how many in the crowd are not wearing a poppy
    why should a football club have the right to tell emloyees that they must,
    does your employer insist that you do so?
    If you were a Celtic supporter would you accept being told to wear a Rangers shirt by your employer or vice versa
    I always wear a poppy but that is my choice & isn't having the freedom to choose why so many lives were lost?
    It’s not about him wearing a poppy it’s the stuff he said afterwards.
    He’s got a right to not wear one but the stuff he says he deserves all the stick he gets.

I am also against the 'poppy mafia', for example the BBC, who insist on them being worn. This is more about PC Britain than respect. I wear a poppy proudly evey year, my choice.
    However folks with views against the symbol, are a little hypocritical to earn a living in a country where they are so revered.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Does he have the right to call folk who dissagree with him a caveman or a c@#t?
    No to c@#t
    but caveman is hardly hard core is it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast