+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tenner a game until the split ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Half season ticket offer - truly unique.
    Comparing hearts and Dundee is like comparing apples with pears.

We do need to come up with something unique and appalling for next season but they never do and another few hundred will dissapear.

Curious Deeranged, you have been involved.

Say we sold season ticks at £199 all adults over 21 to on their way out....no stupid pensioner discounts.

How many do you think we wud sell?

I reckon 6000 to 6500.

Lol that shud be appealing not appalling...we already have appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

We do need to come up with something unique and appalling for next season but they never do and another few hundred will dissapear.

Say we sold season ticks at £199 all adults over 21 to on their way out....no stupid pensioner discounts.

I reckon 6000 to 6500.
    You'd need to start digging people up from balgay hill ....we never had that amount of ST holders when we had the Bonettis good players and the cheapest tickets in the SPL

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    You'd need to start digging people up from balgay hill ....we never had that amount of ST holders when we had the Bonettis good players and the cheapest tickets in the SPL
    We had over 5300 if I remember correctly but tickets were around 250....which wud be about 380 to 400 today depending on which inflation figure you use.

I'm talking about 199 ticket and at what point can you make a ticket price where you might as well get one as not.

Well marketed, well promoted, a reasonable team and I think we cud shift around 6000 to 6500.....I maybe wrong and we wud shift 3000 and your right.

Our average crowd wasn't that far short of 7500 (maybe just over) at that time....and bear in mind we only ever gave up 4100 to away teams and at least once possibly twice only gave 3000 to the dabs.

I reckon 6000 to 6500.
    Reducing prices to try to attract more sales is a risk. I think your 6,000 to 6,500 is ambitious verging on deluded to be fair.

They'd rather sell 3,000 tickets at £350 and raise £1,000,000 than take the risk and only sell maybe 4,000 tickets at £200 and raise £800,000. To get the £1,000,000 from £200 tickets they'd need to sell 5,200 and the reality is there's no chance of that in Dundee right now.

For them it's not about bums on seats but notes in the bank and if they can make more cash from less sales but be more sure of making those sales they will do that. As I've always said they are proper businessmen - beginning to wonder about their football nous though.

Have to say that I think they're in for a shock next season, I for one have no intention of renewing my four season tickets.

I'm talking about 199 ticket and at what point can you make a ticket price where you might as well get one as not.

When the teams no very good doesn't score goals let's loads in and has a ***in Dab manager...I thought I read you had a season ticket and you weren't going back

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Reducing prices to try to attract more sales is a risk. I think your 6,000 to 6,500 is ambitious verging on deluded to be fair.

They'd rather sell 3,000 tickets at £350 and raise £1,000,000 than take the risk and only sell maybe 4,000 tickets at £200 and raise £800,000. To get the £1,000,000 from £200 tickets they'd need to sell 5,200 and the reality is there's no chance of that in Dundee right now.

For them it's not about bums on seats but notes in the bank and if they can make more cash from less sales but be more sure of making those sales they will do that. As I've always said they are proper businessmen - beginning to wonder about their football nous though.

Have to say that I think they're in for a shock next season, I for one have no intention of renewing my four season tickets.
    I think at £199 per ticket 5,200 is very achievable but obviously not if we move to tannadice.

They have got to look at ways of making a season tic worth having, guaranteed seat allocation and possible first in line (after the all powerful DSA) for tics for big away games just won't wash anymore.

As you say I think there will be a big fall in sales next season and we will sell under 2000 adult tics so we wouldn't even have to sell 5200 more like 4000 to have a slightly larger £££ take.

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    When the teams no very good doesn't score goals let's loads in and has a ***in Dab manager...I thought I read you had a season ticket and you weren't going back
    No very good is an understatement to win a podium place at the understating olympics.

Dab thing irrelevant really.

I purchased a season ticket, think it was my 22nd year on the trot but haven't been going lately.

No very good is an understatement to win a podium place at the understating olympics.

Dab thing irrelevant really.

I purchased a season ticket, think it was my 22nd year on the trot but haven't been going lately.
    Wasn't having a go at you not going...just your thought process that a cheaper ST would find us around 2500 extra fans ...I reckon if you opened the gates on Saturday we'd be lucky to get 6500 with the current state of affairs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)