+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tenner a game until the split ?

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Wasn't having a go at you not going...just your thought process that a cheaper ST would find us around 2500 extra fans ...I reckon if you opened the gates on Saturday we'd be lucky to get 6500 with the current state of affairs
    I agree we wud struggle to get those numbers with the current state of the team/ground but if the yanks had a complete u turn 're pricing, engaged with the support and took some of the help that was on offer then I genuinely believe at that price those numbers could be achieved maybe over the course of a couple of seasons.

Just as a wee example I would more than likely buy one for Mrs sunshine at that price and folk that aren't interested in going to listen to celtic/rangers ****e cud miss games without being out of pocket and any tv games moved don't necessarily leave you out of pocket.

Currently ( I wud guess) with a lot of fans a season ticket is a donation to the club, with very few making every game and probably a minority being in profit thru buying one.

I know that a lot of fans just shrug and buy one knowing it's daft really but want to donate to the club but I do sense this will not happen next season.

Maybe your right and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to our numbers but I think it's worth the try without being stupid about it.

If the yanks laid it out early enuf, we sell this amount this is what we can expect, sell this amount this and overachieved this I think fans would respond.

What would you do 're season tics Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I agree we wud struggle to get those numbers with the current state of the team/ground but if the yanks had a complete u turn 're pricing, engaged with the support and took some of the help that was on offer then I genuinely believe at that price those numbers could be achieved maybe over the course of a couple of seasons.

Just as a wee example I would more than likely buy one for Mrs sunshine at that price and folk that aren't interested in going to listen to celtic/rangers ****e cud miss games without being out of pocket and any tv games moved don't necessarily leave you out of pocket.

Currently ( I wud guess) with a lot of fans a season ticket is a donation to the club, with very few making every game and probably a minority being in profit thru buying one.

I know that a lot of fans just shrug and buy one knowing it's daft really but want to donate to the club but I do sense this will not happen next season.

Maybe your right and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to our numbers but I think it's worth the try without being stupid about it.

If the yanks laid it out early enuf, we sell this amount this is what we can expect, sell this amount this and overachieved this I think fans would respond.

What would you do 're season tics Peter?
    Really not sure what the answer is...agree the club needs a major overhaul but not sure how that could come about...thought we had a chance to kick on when we put United down...that was the time to engage the youngsters say 12-18 year olds but instead the club tried to drive them away with the carry on fencing in the Derry...
    Just don't think there's the amount of people out there with the appetite for going to the match every 2nd week nowadays but a team winning will always get more through the gates and at the minute therein lies the problem

Club tried to cash in on the arabs demise by putting prices up, they should have made it as cheap as possible and had as many youngsters as possible, tell you they are only interested in £££

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Really not sure what the answer is...agree the club needs a major overhaul but not sure how that could come about...thought we had a chance to kick on when we put United down...that was the time to engage the youngsters say 12-18 year olds but instead the club tried to drive them away with the carry on fencing in the Derry...
    Just don't think there's the amount of people out there with the appetite for going to the match every 2nd week nowadays but a team winning will always get more through the gates and at the minute therein lies the problem
    Glad you agree 're overhaul although it's difficult not to.

The Derry thing I and many predicted would have an adverse effect. Every club in the top league seems to have an area where fans can be more exuberant, except us and possibly killie.

We have seen coin chucking and incidents in the shankly, main stand and away end at tynecastle and the st mirren home end, will they be under threat of closure like the Derry...no ****ing chance.

What Dundee and the most respected did to the Derry is a joke a sic joke.

Where I disagree is although I don't think we cud increase our crowd significantly at today's prices we cud if we made it cheap enuf where missing half a dozen games dosent leave you significantly out of pocket.

I don't think there are many 7-10 games a season fans left, you either go or you just don't bother and dissapear under current system.

By lowering the price of season tics to a decent level we may just encourage enuf of the dissapeared back whilst still being able to price old firm fans etc top dollar.

And just for clarification I'm no talking or dreaming about selling dens out just a significant enough increase not to leave the owners out of pocket but a genuine attempt to increase home support.

Someone suggested to me a system where you pay a maximum price for a season tic, say 360, club sell 3000 get 20 quid back, club sell 4000 get another 30 quid back and so on.....takes the risk out of the thing for the club.

They cud set a target of say 5500 fans you pay 199.

Can't remember if he said another club operated that system.

Quote Originally Posted by deetox View Post
    Deeranged - you are so thick you should apply to become a director at DFC.

It worked well for Hearts' games at Murrayfield last season with 100,000 at four games.

Hearts have continued to sell discounted 3 home match tickets for guys who cannot afford a season ticket.

Result - full capacity every home game.
    Hearts havent sold out once this season.

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Do you mean that Hearts have it sold all the seats in the home stands at Tynecastle or do you mean the total capacity of Tynecastle has never been sold out. A section of Tynecastle has to be set aside for Away supporters but clubs like Hamilton, Livingston, Motherwell and St Mirren are unlikely to sell all their allocated seats.
    They must have sold out when they played their last home game against Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Yes they have. There were no tickets available for last week's game against Hibs - completely sold out.

The capacity is reduced at the moment in the Wheatfield Stand until the new changing rooms in the main stand are ready.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)