+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing for nothing after saturday!

Playing for nothing after saturday!

After Saturday , when we are out of the cup! We have nothing to play for but pride. Before anybody shoots me down , when did we last play in the third round?. What 16 years ago?

Whilst the club continues to plough on with the current business model success will be non existent, we might be a non league giant killer soon in the FA Cup.

Even longer since we were in FA cup semi-final

At least I will not be too bothered by the result unlikely the frustration and fury I feel on league match days. Not the first time I have suggested it is time for Artell to go. No point blaming the Club's finances for another season heading towards oblivion. We have a decent squad in my opinion and we should be doing much better in this League. Looks like another season anxiously confirming how many points we are clear from the relegation places.

Still, I have enough to worry about as my other team, Albion Rovers, was relegated from Scottish League One and lost its first 14 league and cup games this season. Despite a "good" result on Saturday (1-2 at promotion favourites Peterhead), Albion sit bottom and, if they do not rise up the table, face a home and away playoff to avoid the drop to Highland League football. Some disturbing parallels with Crewe - no money, ex-player as manager (now sacked), team of youngsters, clueless board of directors (one or two who prefer Saturdays at Ibrox) etc.

As my dear wife says on a weekly basis, "why don't you support a good team?" You will all agree when I tell her it is not as simple as that. My grandfather is from Coatbridge and I saw Albion play as a young lad, and I was born in Crewe and taken to Gresty Road as a youngster. Both teams imprinted on me at an early age. Often in life you can exclude people or things that cause such anguish, but it is not the case with football.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    At least I will not be too bothered by the result unlikely the frustration and fury I feel on league match days. Not the first time I have suggested it is time for Artell to go. No point blaming the Club's finances for another season heading towards oblivion. We have a decent squad in my opinion and we should be doing much better in this League. Looks like another season anxiously confirming how many points we are clear from the relegation places.

Still, I have enough to worry about as my other team, Albion Rovers, was relegated from Scottish League One and lost its first 14 league and cup games this season. Despite a "good" result on Saturday (1-2 at promotion favourites Peterhead), Albion sit bottom and, if they do not rise up the table, face a home and away playoff to avoid the drop to Highland League football. Some disturbing parallels with Crewe - no money, ex-player as manager (now sacked), team of youngsters, clueless board of directors (one or two who prefer Saturdays at Ibrox) etc.

As my dear wife says on a weekly basis, "why don't you support a good team?" You will all agree when I tell her it is not as simple as that. My grandfather is from Coatbridge and I saw Albion play as a young lad, and I was born in Crewe and taken to Gresty Road as a youngster. Both teams imprinted on me at an early age. Often in life you can exclude people or things that cause such anguish, but it is not the case with football.
    Talking of the Highland League, at least we are not quite in the same position as Fort William, who sit rock bottom of the table, with just minus 8 points, after 16 games. No wins since April 2017 and just one draw this season. Their goal difference is -105 and the players (semi-pro) earn just £15 per week. They might be worth following as a second team. One positive concerning the Alex from the Swindon game. The Gresty Road pitch is far superior in condition when compared with the present state of Wembley Stadium. It looked absolutely awful after that Spurs game last week. I am not giving up on Saturday and a progression into round two of the FA Cup, although I am not that interested in this game to be honest. Stuffing has been knocked out of me these past 5 years of witnessing a gradual decline in the fortunes of CAFC.

Back in the groove today. Great deal for us oldies (60+), at £7 a ticket, so we will be there supporting the lads to hopefully a victory over Carlisle. Would love a cup run. Last time we reached round 3 was when Thordy was here in 2008-09. We had beaten Eastleigh and then done one over on our visitors today at their place. Dario was in caretaker charge for that one, before the Iceman saw us lose after a replay to Millwall. I remember a huge goalkeeping error in that replay at Gresty Road. Could do with a confidence boosting win today.

Just seen the starting 11 does not fill me with confidence, Wintle missing altogether, is he injured ? Finney in the starting 11 not good looked poor last game. Zero pace up front a big problem can’t see anything other than a first round exit, I hope I am proved wrong.

Good afternoon from a chilly Gresty Road I cannot believe what I am watching this has to be one of the worst Crewe teams in last few seasons and I cant believe I am saying that as the rest were crap we are absolutely dire, clueless, heartless and absolutely completely and utterly paceless. Artell has to be one of the worst managers this club has ever had absolutely clueless team selection and game management, Artell out before we are relegated. The directors of this club have to take a long hard look at themselves this club is only heading out of the football league if they continue with the one trick poney business model.

All respect to you for attending todays game Wartman. It just shows that when the one trick poney business model is not working anymore, the club is clueless in ways to adapt to the times we now find ourselves in. Nothing will change until we get too close for comfort from them bottom two positions. But this failure is not just about Artell.

And I rest my case everything I have said today has just been summed up pathetic ! Artell we have a good squad who is he kidding absolutely crap.

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2018/...l-in-training/

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2018/...cup-challenge/

https://www.crewealex.net/news/2018/...-the-job-done/

3 quotes from that idiot we call a manager

They responded alright by being even worse

They were ready for the challenge NOT !!

They got the job done and got us beat again.

This club is becoming an absolute joke ! Shame on the team the manager and the board disgraceful.

The entire first team squad is crap, the manager is clueless and the board well the less said about them the better time they all buggered off !!! Thanks Mr Bowler but sod off and polish your MBE somewhere else.
    Last edited by Wartman; 10-11-2018 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Missed some content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast