+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest Men vs. Doonhamers

Dunfermline Athletic are majorly underachieving with the budget they have.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    The first decent offer those two ( Naysmith and Anderson) get then they will be off. Where do we go from there when that happens ?
    Very true mate and with the fans slagging the manager at Ayr and he in turn criticising them in the Sunday press
    it has not been the finest day of the season despite Queens gaining a hard - earned point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Very true mate and with the fans slagging the manager at Ayr and he in turn criticising them in the Sunday press
    it has not been the finest day of the season despite Queens gaining a hard - earned point.
    Only a few weeks ago Naysmith was applauding the fans support in local press.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Only a few weeks ago Naysmith was applauding the fans support in local press.
    I think specifically he was applauding the young lads behind the goal as there was a photo of them alongside the story and they are the only ones that make any noise at Palmerston.

I don’t think GN leaving for another job would be done to some gob****e giving him stick. It would be more for a club who don’t run on part time finances.

We can’t even sort a coach out for the team on away games. The players turn up in a convoy of cars.

Inverness a few weeks ago they leave at 6am due to not traveling the night before and staying over.

Even a small amount of investment could give the manager a bit more scope to prepare the team properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    I don’t think GN leaving for another job would be done to some gob****e giving him stick. It would be more for a club who don’t run on part time finances.

We can’t even sort a coach out for the team on away games. The players turn up in a convoy of cars.

Inverness a few weeks ago they leave at 6am due to not traveling the night before and staying over.

Even a small amount of investment could give the manager a bit more scope to prepare the team properly.

i wouldnt like the queens job atm if i was a manager ,gn is doing the best he can with a very poor budget so he cant get the manpower he wants to get him and the club where he would like ,but he also doesnt help himself either ,the containing tactics he uses in games is not pleasing on the eye ,this is whhat is disgruntling the fans more than anything ,from my point of view watching queens id rather see him try a quick passing wide tactical game with slightly more direct 10 to 20 yard passes 1-2s with movement and let the wingers maraud past players ,play that style of football i think the fans would be happy win lose or draw .

queens need a brand of football and stick to it ,then it would help with future signings ,knowing what types of players we need for positions that fit our brand .

Wasn't at the game but you have to say that was a very good point especially coming from behind.

This budget talk: Livi had a small budget and they won the title last season, Ayr are storming it this year and can't see their budget being a million miles away from ours?, and certainly no where near the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Wasn't at the game but you have to say that was a very good point especially coming from behind.

This budget talk: Livi had a small budget and they won the title last season, Ayr are storming it this year and can't see their budget being a million miles away from ours?, and certainly no where near the majority.
    St Mirren won the title last season. Your point re Livi is valid though in that they beat teams who will certainly have had bigger budgets to gain promotion through the play-offs.

I am not having it that Queens have roughly the same budget as Livi last season, or anyone in the league this season bar Alloa.

We can’t even afford a proper coach to arrive at away games !!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)