+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest Men vs. Doonhamers

Mug, - could you provide us with the facts about this coach situation please?

Regarding the result at Ayr.....superb and well done to the manager and the players.

I'm a little surprised at Mr. Naysmith being irked by the fans at Somerset Park (I wasn't there incidentally, - so I don't know what was said by our fans) - however surely as a paying fan who has taken the time and trouble to travel they have a right to air their views, - even if they are wrong?

It has taken the manager a long time to bring on the substitutes and I for one have been asking for that for weeks, - so credit to him for ringing the changes, and bringing on fresh legs.

Football is not an exact science, - and neither does huge budgets mean immediate success; what many fans need to accept is that things will not always go the way you want. If that were the case, - every team would be sitting at the top of the league, - which of course is impossible.

The Championship is a great league and Queens fans need to accept that big clubs like Dunfermline, Falkirk and Partick are all below us with home crowds of 4000 +; 4000+ and 3000+, so little old Queens with an average home gate of 1500 are doing rather well, - and I'm really proud of our hame team thank you!

The team arrive in cars. I have been to every away game and only Dundee Utd did the team arrive together on a coach.

Inverness, some arrived in a mini bus and others in cars. I know that for the Inverness game they left at 6am to get there on time.

Even part time Alloa arrive on a coach together looking like a team.

I don’t for one minute think that Queens have the backing to double the budget or pay huge wages but let’s at least turn up to away games together as a team.

Even part time Dumbarton travelled by coach to Dumfries last season for a midweek match.

Think you can split the fan base into three categories.
    You have those who are quite content, those who aren't convinced by Naysmith and those who don't like the chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Even part time Dumbarton travelled by coach to Dumfries last season for a midweek match.
    The team have hardly used a coach since Chisholm was in charge and it made complete sense. Most of the players live in the central belt. They would quite often be passing the stadium they were playing at to meet the coach to travel back to the ground. That's why you only see the club using a coach to go further north. Saves money and makes complete sense to me. You don't win games by looking like a team. You win them by playing like a team. The players are told to be at the ground 2 hours prior to k/o so there's plenty of time for the manager to speak to players etc. So where is the problem in this?

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    The team have hardly used a coach since Chisholm was in charge and it made complete sense. Most of the players live in the central belt. They would quite often be passing the stadium they were playing at to meet the coach to travel back to the ground. That's why you only see the club using a coach to go further north. Saves money and makes complete sense to me. You don't win games by looking like a team. You win them by playing like a team. The players are told to be at the ground 2 hours prior to k/o so there's plenty of time for the manager to speak to players etc. So where is the problem in this?
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Brilliant post and precisely what I thought the situation would be so it is time to draw a line under this particular nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Brilliant post and precisely what I thought the situation would be so it is time to draw a line under this particular nonsense.
    Fat fan is correct it is years since Queens travelled by coach to every game !

Thank you Fatfan and to Mug for stating your cases.

Clearly Fatfan has provided a clear, concise and very logical argument why Queens players do not travel by bus.

Here endeth this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Wasn't at the game but you have to say that was a very good point especially coming from behind.

This budget talk: Livi had a small budget and they won the title last season, Ayr are storming it this year and can't see their budget being a million miles away from ours?, and certainly no where near the majority.

promotions to the top flight like livi did with a small budget ,dont happen often enough ,and teams like livi with there style of play getting some success is the reason scottish football doesnt progress as fast as other european nations ,that was the worst thing that could have happened to scottish football ,livi getting success out of lump ball tactics ,cause other teams start seeing this model and try to do the same ,which sends us on a backward step in the big picture,i really hope queens stay away from that kinda model ,garbage football getting results or not i defo wouldnt pay anything to watch that likes .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 13-11-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)