+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Bobby Moore ever play at Millmoor?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Hang on I was 7 so maybe I did go to the west ham game.
    Lost 3 years somewhere then roly?

Roly, that match was on 03/11/1965, attendance 13902 - so it wasn't sold out. I don't recall us going, but we may have done. Would have been at school the next day, so maybe not. Might have been when we had mumps or measles or something, so couldn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Roly, that match was on 03/11/1965, attendance 13902 - so it wasn't sold out. I don't recall us going, but we may have done. Would have been at school the next day, so maybe not. Might have been when we had mumps or measles or something, so couldn't go.
    Ringworm?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Ringworm?
    Ah, those were the days, when kids turned up at school covered in gentian violet

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Ringworm?
    I don't recall any kids in Brinsworth ever having ringworm. I never really knew what the difference was between German measles (rubella), which I don't think I ever had, and ordinary measles back then (slightly different types of virus since you ask, the former usually not as dangerous, unless you are a pregnant woman). Did go through most of the others though - whooping cough and a particularly bad case of chickenpox when I was about seven years old (so probably missed some home matches in the 1963/4 season because of that ) Still - better to get them all out of the way when you are young. "If it doesn't kill you , it makes you stronger" as the ancient Greek medics used to say.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 05-11-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Additional information...
    Vaccine dates of introduction...
    Measles 1967
    Mumps 1969
    Combined measles-mumps-rubella 1971
    All well after the West Ham League Cup game at Millmoor

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    https://www.11v11.com/matches/rother...er-1965-28650/

Thanks Patty. Think I missed that one I'd be only 4 at the time.
    Plastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post

On the subject of famous players I did have the privilege of seeing Pele play. It was an afternoon game at Hillsboro in 1972. Can’t remember whether it was a Tuesday or a Wednesday but it had to be played in the day because of the Power Cuts.

I don’t remember much about the game apart from Santos winning 2-0 in front of over 37,000 and I bunked it off school to go with my Dad standing on the open kop and could hardly see anything.
    Wanted to go to that, but just missed the coach from Mexboro (Billy's?)

Didn't realise the power cuts were on in 72.

A year later saw an afternoon cup replay at Donny v Liverpool, I think about 30,000 there that day.

Bobby Moore also made 124 league appearances for Fulham (1974-77) but we'd gone down to the basement by then, and didn't play against the Cottagers during that period, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Additional information...
    Vaccine dates of introduction...
    Measles 1967
    Mumps 1969
    Combined measles-mumps-rubella 1971
    All well after the West Ham League Cup game at Millmoor
    Remember the game in 65 clearly, just had 3 weeks off school with Ricketts (it was a Rowmish disease). LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast