+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Faces not fitting

Faces not fitting

With Vaughan, Kellett, Jones, Ox, Husin, Hawkridge, Patching and Crawford all missing from the squad on Saturday, leaving 3 central defenders on the bench do we think Kewell is trying to prove a point that he doesn't think the squad is good enough to force Hardy's hand come the January transfer window?
    Or do we think he is just tactically inept and he thought that was actually a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    With Vaughan, Kellett, Jones, Ox, Husin, Hawkridge, Patching and Crawford all missing from the squad on Saturday, leaving 3 central defenders on the bench do we think Kewell is trying to prove a point that he doesn't think the squad is good enough to force Hardy's hand come the January transfer window?
    Or do we think he is just tactically inept and he thought that was actually a good idea?
    Well no one on here all season has been crying out for those players to be in the squad. Obviously needed 1 CB for cover and I am thinking he was maybe having another one in their to cover Tootle in case he got injured again instead of putting Hewitt there. I don't think it's a point to Hardy but certainly to the players, what's his option, put them in the squad / team even though they are either not good enough or not pulling their weight in the week, I think he's got that principle set in stone and we just need to get to Jan and ship a load out.

It’s an interesting point. I think HK is telling AH that these players are not good enough to play his way, it’s also telling KN (if he is bothered) that his eye for a signing is pretty poor. Look at Saturdays side only a handful of players signed by KN played. One enforced. In an age where we are swapping a dozen or more players every season, that number speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    You're the TheProphet, what do you think?

I think Kewell can't risk playing anyone he thinks might have an off day or not be good enough. He has to play what he thinks are the 11 most likely not to crumble or not step upto the plate. We all agree that he messed up putting Vaughan in midfield and Hewitt at RB that game but apart from that you can see he's trying to get a team on the pitch who might actually have a pair. Good luck to him with that lot.

He tried to justify it to Charlie by saying he picked the bench for what he thought might be needed in that game which I was almost understanding until I remembered he brought Vaughan off the bench against Swindon in a tight game that we were winning...

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    He tried to justify it to Charlie by saying he picked the bench for what he thought might be needed in that game which I was almost understanding until I remembered he brought Vaughan off the bench against Swindon in a tight game that we were winning...
    Yes, and now he has been able use that experience to inform his future judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yes, and now he has been able use that experience to inform his future judgements.
    You would hope so, Bohinen, he got some stick over that, but he IS an Aussie and Aussies are rather well known for their stubbornness.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    You would hope so, Bohinen, he got some stick over that, but he IS an Aussie and Aussies are rather well known for their stubbornness.
    He might well be trying to tell Hardy these players are not good enough to play but is he that stupid in thinking he will just get rid of them in Jan and bring a new team in. They will be contracted and won't just walk for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    He might well be trying to tell Hardy these players are not good enough to play but is he that stupid in thinking he will just get rid of them in Jan and bring a new team in. They will be contracted and won't just walk for nothing.
    Correct, unless some of them agree loan deals and he replaces with loan signings he’s stuck with them for the duration, unfortunately that means so are we!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast