Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: o/ Louis Theroux Altered states

o/ Louis Theroux Altered states

Did anyone see this last night?

Basically Louis visited Portland (the sort of place John 2 probably visits)and met a load of couples and individuals who were into polyamorous marriages and relationships.

It was obvious from the beginning that some who claimed they were happy with the situation were in fact extremely depressed and unhappy about it. For me the chubby bloke was a suicide risk.....really messed up.

I found it weird to be honest and very self-centred....they all had these precocious, right on kids, who were also supposedly okay with it. Lets see in 10 years time shall we?. If you are a private psychiatrist get yourself to Portland because there will be a generation of people who will be throwing money at you soon, to try and sort their mess.

At the very end, as the credits were rolling, it said that one of the couples, who were expecting a baby (the mother copped off with another bloke while she was heavily pregnant) were not going to assign a gender to their child.

These trendies are screwing their kids up......all for the sake of being hip.

Oregon is a beautiful state unfortunately full of left-wing crazies, many of whom moved from California after they messed that state up.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Oregon is a beautiful state unfortunately full of left-wing crazies, many of whom moved from California after they messed that state up.
    Yes! I bet my pal at work that GF would post in support of the op within 2 hours and mention the words 'Left Wing'!

Get in!

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

I found it weird to be honest and very self-centred....
    Looked in the mirror recently?
    ..and as you've now moved to the USA, you be able to check it all for yourself
    Last edited by mikemiller; 05-11-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Yes! I bet my pal at work that GF would post in support of the op within 2 hours and mention the words 'Left Wing'!

Get in!
    And I nearly went with SJW instead...

My daughter has been offered a job in Portland starting next October after she graduates from Uni. Should I be worried? I would be except she could stay here in Seattle where it's 10x worse.

Some weird people over there (MMM posters excluded, well some) it’s quite disturbing what occurs over the pond

Don't label. I don't agree with polyamarous relationships. it's not a left wing trait to want to be polyamarous

Quote Originally Posted by Stancliffe View Post
    Don't label. I don't agree with polyamarous relationships. it's not a left wing trait to want to be polyamarous
    That's right but regarding the programme last night, they were definitely all pinkos.

Polyamorous? Has anyone alerted the RSPB?

I have to agree, the chubby bloke (Jerry?) definitely didn't look happy with the arrangement and I think Louis summed it up perfectly when he suggested Jerry tolerated it because if he didn't then his wife would likely leave him. When Jerry's wife had her boyfriend over and she informed Jerry it was his turn to sleep alone upstairs you could see on his face he was in distress about the whole thing but somehow kept that very creepy measured tone going when he said it was "cool."

I think the overall concept behind the idea, ie marriage and monogamy in particular being outdated concepts may have some merit, but I saw nothing on Altered States to make me believe that polyamarous relationships are a happy way forward.

A good job Theroux is a pinko and not a religious nut bar, you never get those sorts doing anything weird IBS.

Presume Portland Oregon? I live close (in Beaverton actually), it is a bit weird and they take great pride in it, even adopting the slogan 'Keep Portland Weird'. We have a pretty big homeless problem but apart from that, it feels like one of the safest places I have ever lived.

There's a video online where the Portland police stand around while Antifa attack Trump supporters.

The Mayor is a right-on SJW type.

Portland, San Francisco, Austin, they're the American versions of Brighton.

South park has done a good job of lampooning the kind of people who live there, they drive electric cars and eat organic food and think they're better than everyone else.

The people on that Remainer "people's march" would be the UK equivalent.
    Last edited by great_fire; 06-11-2018 at 12:24 AM.

There are also videos of Proud boys alt right beating up Antifa. Same lads that were then arrested in NY for beating up people, also making White Power signs. Your point is?

OregonMiller, my brother in law owns Croakers Crossing Farm in Beaverton. He’s obsessed with healthy and organic produce. Worth a visit. Small world.
    Last edited by sota; 06-11-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Small world indeed, his farm is about 4 miles away from us, will check it out, thanks.

He has a very interesting past and is a great fella, you’ll love him x

Whoops!

But I bet he's got 'tegridy
    Last edited by great_fire; 06-11-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    There are also videos of Proud boys alt right beating up Antifa. Same lads that were then arrested in NY for beating up people, also making White Power signs. Your point is?
    That the police should maybe do something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast