+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear or relish?

Fear or relish?

Saturday's game v Derby is either going to show us how far we have progressed or just how woeful we are! Your ideas?

The last game was really encouraging. It almost like the manager has looked at our side over recent disappointing displays and pin pointed what's wrong. It clear to me we have some really good forwards that could cut it quite easily in the premier league like Mcginn Grealish Tammy Kodjia Bolsie and possibly Hourihane. If we defend high up the pitch like we did on Friday and field a side that full of our best players we should be scoring 2/3/4 goals a game.
    To be fair Bruce and Dr x left us with a very decent squad but failed big time in the keeper area.
    I honestly think we will win the league after what a saw on Friday. We are the best team in the league.
    My only gripe is playing Hutton at right back. He's better on the left and last seasons combo of Hutton and Elmo is more effective. Hutton did have a good game though on Friday.

We're going up!
    Last edited by bongosdad; 05-11-2018 at 03:43 PM.

I can sense a backpass to the keeper resulting in a calamity. I can sense a red card for the "hardest working Scottish right back" and I can sense 2 disallowed goals.

I have little sense tho

I fear Jack getting a yellow card, he would then miss the blouse game.....yikes

I fear for our back 5 against Derby’s attacking midfield, and at set pieces. However I do think we have the fire power to threaten them. I certainly think we can win, probably 4-3 or summat daft.

I fear Bongo has lost his mind

Derby will beat us 3 or 4-1, we aren't looking clinical enough and there were some real nervy moments against Bolton who are considered poor opposition.

Well blow me!!

On that performance... nothing to Fear!
    We cannot allow a Bruce type backward step especially as its the Noses next.
    Dont think he will allow this neither will the 40,000 fans inside the church. I just fear the early kick off will kill the atmosFEAR!

Smith thst is referencing Bruce.....

Well it shows how much I know! What a win

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)