+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man City to be relegated to League 2.

Man City to be relegated to League 2.

Due to persistently and flagrantly abusing Financial Fair Play regulations.

No, wait a minute, I misread the article. The Football League/FIFA are going to totally ignore it! What's the point of having regulations? I guess we should just ignore the fact that Vaulks is banned for Saturday and see if they do anything about that!

Money talks, buy yourself want you want in modern Britain, regardless of rules and regs....aint surprised one bit...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Money talks, buy yourself want you want in modern Britain, regardless of rules and regs....aint surprised one bit...
    The very first time the millers or ourselves do it they will down on us like a ton of bricks .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The very first time the millers or ourselves do it they will down on us like a ton of bricks .
    They already have with us mate, 3 facking times....

Man City is the state team of the UAE, punishing them would be a diplomatic incident.

Refreshing to see that they can afford 300K/week for Sterling. Would be nice to see them playing down in League 2 and paying those wages.

Obviously 300K/week is an obscene amount of money to pay a footballer independent of his talents. Will the house of cards ever collapse or will wages continue they way they have? What is a reasonable amount when I guess the 'average' supporter is managing a family on a minute fraction of that amount?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Due to persistently and flagrantly abusing Financial Fair Play regulations.

No, wait a minute, I misread the article. The Football League/FIFA are going to totally ignore it! What's the point of having regulations? I guess we should just ignore the fact that Vaulks is banned for Saturday and see if they do anything about that!
    What have League 2 done to deserve that? Do what they did to Accrington Stanley: start again chaps

Didn't Rangers have that sort of punishment for financial irregularities?
    Wiĺl they ban them from European football if our fa do nowt?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Didn't Rangers have that sort of punishment for financial irregularities?
    Wiĺl they ban them from European football if our fa do nowt?
    ....WHEN our FA do nowt.

It's a strange one really and an easy one for the FA to get out of. All they have to do is relegate them and ask the EFL not to accept them in their leagues because of the blatent cheating. That way the FA will be forced to keep them in their competition.
    The the FA will pay the runners up in the Championship final a few million to keep quiet and fanny is your aunty.

Sorted! Nothing to see here! Move on quickly and quietly please!