+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our future in good hands. Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "We Remainers are a magnanimous lot and do not resort to insults or bearing grudges against you foolish uneducated morons."

Your typical Remainer…

Attachment 11056
    Actually, I think that this is a portrait of a Brexiteer who is trying to come to terms with the fact that everything he was promised in June 2016 is quickly disappearing down the plug hole and that if he wants a new toy for Christmas he is going to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well, there's gratitude for you.

I gave you a dead cert for the National but qualified my selection by pointing out that we will be out of the EU by then...and our customs chaps may not let the horse in.

To give you yet another example of what a Great Guy I am, if this happens I will give you the resulting British winner.

We Remainers are a magnanimous lot and do not resort to insults or bearing grudges against you foolish uneducated morons.
    More bluff and bluster 59/60. Horses from all over the world run in the Arc in France, as they do at the Breeders Cup in the USA, France is in the EU, the USA isn't. Australian and American horses run at Royal Ascot. British trained horses have just dominated the Melbourne Cup in Australia, we are in the EU, Australia and the USA aren't.

Do not fret, every Irish trained horse that is entered and qualifies to run in the National will be at Aintree.

I know, I know. I was being a bit cheeky Sinkov.

There will be a lot more paperwork and faffing about at customs, but the gee gees will get in.

It is likely that going to watch the Arc in Paris or a big Irish race will be more complicated for us British human beings too.

We will just jump on a plane or a boat or a train 1959_60, show our passport and continue as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Actually, I think that this is a portrait of a Brexiteer who is trying to come to terms with the fact that everything he was promised in June 2016 is quickly disappearing down the plug hole and that if he wants a new toy for Christmas he is going to be disappointed.
    I'm still an avid Brexiteer, all I ever wanted was to stop the EU dictating to our island nation how we should go about our business.

All we now need to do is negotiate access to the Single Market, sign up to the Customs Union, allow free movement of people from within EU nations without them having free access to our Welfare Benefits and the NHS, agree an equitable exit fee and off we go. That's what the majority of us want, but the EU doesn't. Stalemate!

Attachment 11067

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm still an avid Brexiteer, all I ever wanted was to stop the EU dictating to our island nation how we should go about our business.

All we now need to do is negotiate access to the Single Market, sign up to the Customs Union, allow free movement of people from within EU nations without them having free access to our Welfare Benefits and the NHS, agree an equitable exit fee and off we go. That's what the majority of us want, but the EU doesn't. Stalemate!

Attachment 11067
    With odds of 27 to 1 stacked against the UK, it is no wonder that the EU negotiators stick to their guns. They have to please the other 27 nations and look after their interests so they are hardly going to worry about upsetting the UK.
    The bottom line is that none of us know exactly what projects we were already committed to pour money into and this was never made clear by the Brexiteers who were running their bus around and promising the earth to those who voted to leave.
    I'll wager that there are not many, if any, politicians who would like to be in the PM's shoes at this moment in time. They will all criticise and say that this and the other should be done and then, when whatever agreement is eventually reached, they will all take a step back and say that is was nothing to do with them. Life will then go on and we will bimble along from one crisis to another under whichever government is in power.
    The secret is to just get on with your own life and help those in need when you can --no good worrying about politicians because they will do what they want.

With odds of 27 to 1 stacked against the UK, it is no wonder that the EU negotiators stick to their guns. They have to please the other 27 nations and look after their interests so they are hardly going to worry about upsetting the UK.
    The bottom line is that none of us know exactly what projects we were already committed to pour money into and this was never made clear by the Brexiteers who were running their bus around and promising the earth to those who voted to leave.
    I'll wager that there are not many, if any, politicians who would like to be in the PM's shoes at this moment in time. They will all criticise and say that this and the other should be done and then, when whatever agreement is eventually reached, they will all take a step back and say that is was nothing to do with them. Life will then go on and we will bimble along from one crisis to another under whichever government is in power.
    The secret is to just get on with your own life and help those in need when you can --no good worrying about politicians because they will do what they want.
    Theresa May was left with a poisoned chalice by Cameron who now has the cheek to want to come back into frontline politics.
    I actually don't blame our Prime Minister one iota for this Brexit cock up. She is proving to be indomitable (this message will automatically dissolve and be lost forever within the next ten seconds!) in the face of duplicitous, back stabbers from within her own cabinet and back bench and an intransigent bunch of negotiators across the English Channel.

I actually empathise with her plight but Corbyn should by now be climbing all over her.

However, when the revolution comes, Johnson, Cove and Farage will be hanging first off the lampposts.

".........However, when the revolution comes, Johnson, Cove and Farage will be hanging first off the lampposts."

Along with Tony Blair no doubt ---except for the fact that we both know that, in the end, they all look after their own and life will go on far more comfotably for those mentioned above than for the rest of us! I certainly have no illusions about that fact and ---yes---I am a cynic of many years' standing!

getting out of the E.U.....what a titanic struggle it is/has been....well - it could have been much easier - but then all those other unhappy E.U peoples...living under the rule of that tyrannical blood sucking monster - would be chomping even harder on the bit to make a run for it....but even so - anythings better than staying aboard and pretending it'll stop itself sinking with it's stern in the air and engine thrust in reverse.

".........However, when the revolution comes, Johnson, Cove and Farage will be hanging first off the lampposts."

Along with Tony Blair no doubt ---except for the fact that we both know that, in the end, they all look after their own and life will go on far more comfotably for those mentioned above than for the rest of us! I certainly have no illusions about that fact and ---yes---I am a cynic of many years' standing!
    Blair is first up for the lamppost Supersub6. I have attended a lot of Labour Party branches and wards in the last two months and the hatred for Blair amongst members is unequivocal and pretty much unanimous.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)