+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rafa looking more and more like he was correct about mitro

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    To be honest, I'm not even sure the issue is whether Joselu or Mitro is the better player.

Personally, I'd rather have Mitro over Joselu-not that Mitro is particularly good, imo,- it's just that I think he's quite far ahead of Joselu in terms of ability.

The simple fact is, though, that he doesn't fit what Rafa wants from his front man so whether or not he'd be a better option than Joselu is a moot point. The biggest issue here is that Rafa wasn't given the frankly amaing amount we got from Fulham for him. If Rafa had been allowed to spend the whole £22 million then I don't think we'd be talking about Mitro nearly as much.

(unless he spent it all on Rondon in which case we'd be having a different discussion)
    Judging by rumours Benitez wanted to spend £16m + on Rondon ,but of course Ashley vetoed it , due to cost not ability .
    If we had paid £16m for this donkey it would have indeed been a different conversation .. The fact Benitez has brought in Rondon on loan is bad enough .

Mitro has said himself that he can't play counter attack.He did well last season when Fulham were putting teams under pressure.

In the Prem against better sides you often have to sit back and hit them on the counter.This makes Mitro a weak link.

I think mitro is a weak link indeed .
    I also very much doubt Rafa really wanted rondon

Rafa wanted that bloke that moved to Germany.

Alassane Pléa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Rafa wanted that bloke that moved to Germany.

Alassane Pléa.
    Your right Jammy that was his top target but Fatty doesn’t let managers have their top targets as we all know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    Your right Jammy that was his top target but Fatty doesn’t let managers have their top targets as we all know.
    Not unless they cost 4mil or can generate shirt sales in Asia.

Aye, didn't we allegedly offer £20 million and were told £25 million and that was that.

He's scored 5 goals in 7 games in Germany currently.

I don't know how anyone can believe what the club says .Rafa wouldn't have wanted rondon.

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    I don't know how anyone can believe what the club says .Rafa wouldn't have wanted rondon.
    We were consistently linked with Rondon all summer , buying then eventually loaning .. We never had a hope in hell of Plea and everyone knew it ..red herring. Rondon was always gonna end up here . Just thank **** we didn't buy him .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)