+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical situation...

Well if you think that weve been struggling in the Championship, we would have become the Whipping boys had we scored the only goal at Wembley!!
    Now reality has hit in to Wolves, all of a sudden there looking average. Top 6 my Arse. Cardiff who i thought would be hard to beat again look ordinary or just simply out of their depth.
    We are however in a great financial position if we get promoted this time? Saying that Fulhan spent loads on new players but i cant feeling they destroyed a good winning team.

On a very short sighted selfish note, i would have gone balistic at Wembley had we won. You have to sometimes think of today rather than tomorrow!!!

After getting promoted its all about survival for the 1st couple of seasons. I've enjoyed the championship but would much rather the premier league now.

The bottom EIGHT teams in the PL have just 6 wins between them in their last 5 games, it's a joke of a league now and any of those teams could get out of the woods except perhaps Cardiff. Fair play to Wolves, just 4 defeats and one of the best defences in the 11 games so far, Tottenham already have 3 defeats as a yardstick.

We would have had to sign new players for the full back positions, a CB as a minimum as well as Johnstone, Snoddy & Grabban. Doesn't feel like £100M though and I don't think Bruce would have been in charge, the massive stumbling block would have been access to cash with Xia's money tied up in Chinese businesses.

Man citeh won the other day 6-1....boring.....theres going to be a break away euro super league....boring Arsenal qualify for the CL again......boring Marinho spits his dummy out again..... boring guess who will win the Title.....boring Chelsea man city and liverpool spend another billion to buy the league.....BORRRRRRING!

Premier league......were all having Laugh!!

I know Swansea fans are happy being in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post

On a very short sighted selfish note, i would have gone balistic at Wembley had we won. You have to sometimes think of today rather than tomorrow!!!
    Ha ha, Dave. I think we all would have done! I guess convincing ourselves it wasn't our time makes the bitter pill of defeat that little bit sweeter.

I think we are in a better position now than we were 12 months ago. I believe this manager has a better grasp of modern football than Steve Bruce has. If we had gone up... we would have been no better than when we came down. Bruce would have played park the bus football, just as he did when he took up Blues and Sunderland. If we get up, which this season looks like a lottery, we need to have a tactical management team who are better than that... And in Dean Smith I think we have that. Hope is the killer though!

As I've said before I much prefer being in this league, I grew tired of being humiliated week in week out. Two games a week, more even playing field, what's not to like!?

We could be more optimistic. It wasn't that long ago we were top 6 for a few seasons.

Personally, as I’ve mentioned on a previous post, that I am enjoying life in the Championship after those last hideous years in the Prem. That said, we were once on a level par with the likes of Everton and Spurs (although admittedly they have moved up a further notch). It should really be our aim to be at that level again but seeing how Fulham and Cardiff are should send some warning signs. I would prefer to stay where we are at the moment until we show promise that we can achieve those standards again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)