+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hypothetical situation...

Quote Originally Posted by villamon1 View Post
    As I've said before I much prefer being in this league, I grew tired of being humiliated week in week out. Two games a week, more even playing field, what's not to like!?
    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Personally, as I’ve mentioned on a previous post, that I am enjoying life in the Championship after those last hideous years in the Prem. That said, we were once on a level par with the likes of Everton and Spurs (although admittedly they have moved up a further notch). It should really be our aim to be at that level again but seeing how Fulham and Cardiff are should send some warning signs. I would prefer to stay where we are at the moment until we show promise that we can achieve those standards again.

I agree wholeheartedly guys. Championship is far more competitive, and much better than scratching around at the bottom of the Premier League.

Perhaps we should let Dean Smith work on building a team and ease off on the extra added pressure of promotion talk and see where that takes us.

Bongo, top 6 over 13 years ago!!!! Weve been sliding ever since, yes we would all like to be in the prem but unless you have zillions and FFP allows you to spend it, you may get top 6.
    In the 10-13 years since MON dumped us, Sky have increased the TV money 3 times making the rich even richer and the not so rich kidding themselves. I have liked the championship and look foreard to being in the premiership when we become 1 of the 4 teams who will replace: Citeh,Utd,chelski and Lpool when they head for the european greedy barstard league!

When that happens us, Leeds, sheff Wed and prob WBA will be invited back to the prem which will kill off the Championship in return?????

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Bongo, top 6 over 13 years ago!!!! Weve been sliding ever since, yes we would all like to be in the prem but unless you have zillions and FFP allows you to spend it, you may get top 6.
    In the 10-13 years since MON dumped us, Sky have increased the TV money 3 times making the rich even richer and the not so rich kidding themselves. I have liked the championship and look foreard to being in the premiership when we become 1 of the 4 teams who will replace: Citeh,Utd,chelski and Lpool when they head for the european greedy barstard league!

When that happens us, Leeds, sheff Wed and prob WBA will be invited back to the prem which will kill off the Championship in return?????
    The GBL I like it! I hope hey do a fantasy version. Fantasy Greedy Barstard League with unlimited transfer budget and even more inflated egos.

When they do make that super league it'll be the exact time the bubble bursts. Stadium "audiences" of 25000 businessmen and women who's company has paid huge money to see Man u v Barcelona in some stadium on the west coast of the USA while sky charge £15 a match PPV.

Well said Rosie especially your point on allowing Smudger time & the patience to build a strong footballing team for when we do return to the PL
    If it does happens this season I do fear it will be extremely tough for us even with investment Fulham are proving that, and I thought they would do better than they are atm.
    For us survival would obviously be the very best we could hope for if it should happen.
    As for the championship what’s not to like games come thick and fast and so far this season it has to be the tightest it’s been since we dropped into it with no one really running away
    UTV

I dont know if it was because of the world cup and the start of the season but where is the thick and fast? I cant remember many midweek games and after Sat we have another useless 2 week break!

Ps did anyone see Sterlings penalty award last night, although i only saw it on the news, it was Histerical. He kicked the ground and was awarded a pen and still never owned up to the ref, they won by 6 again, BORING but watch it, its soooo funny. Is this what football is now coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by VillaRosie View Post

Perhaps we should let Dean Smith work on building a team and ease off on the extra added pressure of promotion talk and see where that takes us.
    Quote Originally Posted by afoxy52 View Post
    Well said Rosie especially your point on allowing Smudger time & the patience to build a strong footballing team for when we do return to the PL

UTV
    Ditto, Rosie and Foxy. I just want Dean to be afforded the time, space, and support from both management and fans, to be able to build the best team he can. A sustainable team. Let's enjoy the process of watching us grow, while accepting there will be a few stumbles along the way. Dean is humble enough to admit he is still learning, and will make mistakes (as we all are and do in everything). Less knee jerk, more evolution. We are lucky enough to have a manager who really is on our side - let's be on his too ... good times and bad ...

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Ditto, Rosie and Foxy. I just want Dean to be afforded the time, space, and support from both management and fans, to be able to build the best team he can. A sustainable team. Let's enjoy the process of watching us grow, while accepting there will be a few stumbles along the way. Dean is humble enough to admit he is still learning, and will make mistakes (as we all are and do in everything). Less knee jerk, more evolution. We are lucky enough to have a manager who really is on our side - let's be on his too ... good times and bad ...
    😙😙😙😙👍👍👍👍

This is a real Villa fan's perspective - not a bedsheet in sight!

More good news - a good few have posted on this thread, VM's alive & kicking

I agree entirely that Deano needs to be a long term appointment with AVFC adopting a footballing philosophy that delivers it's intended aim......entertainment, goals AND results. I too like the unpredictability of this league, but the footballing standard looks light years behind the PL - if that could change then football is onto a winner.

Let's take some inspiration from Leicester, it wasn't so long ago they looked dead & buried at Christmas, went on an unbelievable run without changing the manager and that continued into the next season (albeit under Ranieri) losing just 3 matches. Yet the fans and players turned on him and the door started revolving again - despite that they are an established club, it sure is a funny ole game.

Just read this:

Fulham, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle and Southampton have conceded 108 goals between them, suffered 36 defeats and registered only one victory each, there is a ray of hope. On the basis of the results so far, only 22 points will be needed to stay up this season.

Although 11 fixtures is not much of a sample size from which to calculate a points-per-game ratio, the numbers do not lie and there is no getting away from just how poor the standard is in the lower reaches of the Premier League this season. The fact that this is the first time in 27 Premier League seasons that five clubs have seven or fewer points from their opening 11 matches says it all.

All this talk of the premiership well, lets see how we get on at the mighty Derby County, struggle against them and we may as well forget it this season. People talk of Huddersfield or Bournmouth, well they were a great team and an attacking force in the championship, they never tore there team apart when promoted and did very well to survive, remember when Bournmouth cam to VP in the FA cup, we were the prem team and although we won they played us off the park!
    We have to be a serious threat in this league before we dream of going up and sadly at the minute we are not!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)