+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: As the Isley Brothers sang.......

As the Isley Brothers sang.......

....... tell me it is just a rumour baby.

Please!!!!

Just read elswhere that someone has seen an internal police memo and.............. the Red Dogs game is, apparently, being put back to the Monday evening.

Flights and hotel booked 2months ago. Flying in Friday morning early, flying out Sunday evening in order to cover as many eventualities as possible........

........ Monday game? The absolute b'stards!!!
    Last edited by MadAmster; 06-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ....... tell me it is just a rumour baby.

Please!!!!

Just read elswhere that someone has seen an internal police memo and.............. the Red Dogs game is, apparently, being put back to the Monday evening.

Flights and hotel booked 2months ago. Flying in Friday morning early, flying out Sunday evening in order to cover as many eventualities as possible........

........ Monday game? The absolute b'stards!!!
    Monday night football? I love it!

But it should be pretty dumb to have this game at night, there are reasons we all know why they always have this as a lunch time kick-off. Pub brawls and all sorts of nonsense will follow if the game doesn't end in a draw.

Mate has just sent me a copy of the email
    Just mentioning something about a strong rumour that game is to be moved so police leave will be cancelled that day
    I can’t see it being allowed myself but it is Sky we’re talking about

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    Mate has just sent me a copy of the email
    Just mentioning something about a strong
    rumour that game is to be moved so police leave will be cancelled that day
    I can’t see it being allowed myself but it is Sky we’re talking about
    Yes contracted to Sky and they tell you when your playing But would have thought police would have an input on it Can't see it happening health and safety and all that

Indeed. The same reason Plod won't allow a 15:00 start has to be valid for 19:45 of a Monday. They will all be in the pubs from 12:00 or earlier......

Well it just goes to show What I know.
    It’s been moved

Hotel extension booked and paid. Check

New flight back home booked and paid. Check

Match day tickets ordered. Check............ and they aren't even on sale yet

Bloody expensive game this will be. A 3 day weekend has just become a 5 day mini break. £500 each it will cost. Worth it though.

I feel sorry for all those people that are on afternoons that now can’t go
    Two lads who sit on same row as me work at Toyota. Hope they’re not on nights, they have to leave at half time

On FB, most Forest fans are equally peeved. I hope the same doesn't happen to the return fixture.

My mucker from Stockport is driving down as the one train post match leaves Derby at 22:31, which doesn't present a problem. However, It doesn't get him back to Stockport (changes at Sheffield and Manc Picadilly) until 05:11..........

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)