+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: OT- The US midterms

A remaining Islamophilic Rams man

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    A remaining Islamophilic Rams man
    Sorry...you’ve lost me.

"Remain" - lost cause: seems like a deal has been agreed, whether one that will be acceptable is the next question.
    "Islamophilia" - lost cause in this company where the forum appears full of bigots
    "Rams fan" - lost cause,because,well, it always seems to go wrong somewhere.

"Remain" - lost cause: seems like a deal has been agreed, whether one that will be acceptable is the next question.
    "Islamophilia" - lost cause in this company where the forum appears full of bigots
    "Rams fan" - lost cause,because,well, it always seems to go wrong somewhere.
    Ah...sorry...long way to go with the first. As you say any deal still has to be approved by a Parliament who couldn’t currently agree what day of the week it is.
    Islamophobia/bigots (your word not mine ).I’ve never coveted the approval of Gunteryy, Tricky - aka ‘EnglishTricky’ as he briefly referred to himself last night pre hasty edit - or Garibaldi.
    Rams...I’m still backing us for the play offs and hoping for a ‘missing piece’ signing in January.

Wow...I’m sounding optimistic. Must be going down with something.

My word was islamophilia if you read carefully

Actually, assuming that this Brexit deal is divisive as I am sure it will be, in that it will not go far enough to satisfy either side, it could help you to achieve the second referendum that you want. Faced with the choice of approval by referendum or by general election, I suspect mayhem would choose the former..

My word was islamophilia if you read carefully

Actually, assuming that this Brexit deal is divisive as I am sure it will be, in that it will not go far enough to satisfy either side, it could help you to achieve the second referendum that you want. Faced with the choice of approval by referendum or by general election, I suspect mayhem would choose the former..
    I meant ‘bigots’.
    Yes I think you’re right. A second referendum seems increasingly likely. Trouble is, while the left might ‘protest too much’ when they don’t get their way we all know how the ‘reactionary right’ behaves. It won’t be pretty but it may lead, eventually, to a more sensible and less self destructive outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I meant ‘bigots’.
    Yes I think you’re right. A second referendum seems increasingly likely. Trouble is, while the left might ‘protest too much’ when they don’t get their way we all know how the ‘reactionary right’ behaves. It won’t be pretty but it may lead, eventually, to a more sensible and less self destructive outcome.

I wouldn't worry too much about bigots as anti-bigot bigotry is now firmly entrenched in the thought and opinion of modern society.
    We speak a language that contains words like 'hate speech', 'hate crime, 'Islamophobia', and 'thoughtcrime' (or is that from 1984, I've forgotten) Now doublespeak...yes, that's 1984 although it's alive and kicking these days). Yes, if the law will identify and punish bigots one way or the the other. Mass immigration, muslim terrorism, free speech. Be careful what you say about these matters otherwise you'll be dealt with accordingly.

Actually, that might have been a response to Geoff Parkstone and not to ramAnag. Either way, I've found myself humming 'No more bigots anymore'. At least that's what I think it was. The Stranglers, the 80s. Good times.

It was ‘heroes’ as I suspect you well know, Gunteryy and there seem to be precious few around these days.
    As for confusing reality with Orwellian concepts...remind me exactly of when you were last prevented from speaking freely about such issues as immigration, terrorism and free speech...in fact, isn’t that exactly what you are doing?
    Nothing wrong at all with raising the issues...it’s the motive behind such questions and the subsequent actions that sometimes raise suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It was ‘heroes’ as I suspect you well know, Gunteryy and there seem to be precious few around these days.
    As for confusing reality with Orwellian concepts...remind me exactly of when you were last prevented from speaking freely about such issues as immigration, terrorism and free speech...in fact, isn’t that exactly what you are doing?
    Nothing wrong at all with raising the issues...it’s the motive behind such questions and the subsequent actions that sometimes raise suspicion.
    Yes, ramAnag, Heroes and an heroic band they were too. I saw Blondie live but not quite as exhilarating. No ulterior motives here, it's just that those things are like a red rag to a bull for me. Anyway, things can't go on like this. (terrible pun alert). Something better change

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)