+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning all - Matchday is here!

Morning all - Matchday is here!

Who thinks tonight's a real opportunity for Notts to get back on track? I do.

I certainly hope so. Just something to make it worth while sitting in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    There have been numerous opportunities to get back on track but incompetence from playing staff and management have seen us continue the slide. If we can't put away teams like Oldham at home, I fear the worst.

Depends who's in defence, who continually let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Depends who's in defence, who continually let us down.
    I'm hoping for the return of Rob Jones personally, we really need to get some quality balls into the box, and Evina simply cannot deliver....despite being an OKish defender.

We're almost certain to see Husin at some point, is tonight the night?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    It's a real opportunity, but how often do we actually take them? A win would take us above Grimsby if they lose at Stags, and only 4 points behind Oldham. A defeat would leave us 10 points behind Oldham and crossing our fingers that Cheltenham don't win their game in hand.

I don't think anybody would be happy with a good performance and only 1 or 0 points to go with it. Desperately need a win now by whatever means. We still haven't played any of the sides right down the bottom at home whilst we've played most of those near the top away, but tonight there can be no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I'm hoping for the return of Rob Jones personally, we really need to get some quality balls into the box, and Evina simply cannot deliver....despite being an OKish defender.

We're almost certain to see Husin at some point, is tonight the night?
    He had a decent career at Liverpool as full back but I think at the age of 47, he might be a worse option than anyone we currently have at the club. Having said that, we could get him on a free so as long as his wage demands aren't too high...

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I don't think anybody would be happy with a good performance and only 1 or 0 points to go with it. Desperately need a win now by whatever means. We still haven't played any of the sides right down the bottom at home whilst we've played most of those near the top away, but tonight there can be no excuses.
    I will say exactly the same as last week.....goals, which is actually pretty good fun.....we should score, quite simply because we're strong up front......but we also concede an average of 2 per game, grrrr........if we tighten things up a bit, only concede the 1,......... 2-1 to Notts, possibly 3-1 which will ease my nerves.....50 pesos on over 2 goals, 25 pesos on Notts and 25 pesos on Notts HT-FT.....last of the big spenders huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TheProphet View Post
    He had a decent career at Liverpool as full back but I think at the age of 47, he might be a worse option than anyone we currently have at the club. Having said that, we could get him on a free so as long as his wage demands aren't too high...
    Yep, i was thinking that hehe.

In all honesty Evina, although not the best full back in the league is certainly an upgrade on Dan Jones, if only very slightly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast