+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warne on January transfer business

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Tbf he's had 2 good games 😊
    I expected Richie Towell to be pushed forward more, he's capable of scoring goals. Is it the better quality of the opposition that's preventing him ? or is he playing deeper this season on instructions from management ?
    A lot more to come from him in my opinion.

theres always the problem of not getting the players out doing it that way around and as you say we dont know the financial estraints warne is working under. if he and the past managers have said that then im guessing were pissing close to the wind and theres not much lea way
    You're probably right. A sale of a player for good money would help. The only problem with that is that fans would want the club to spend more than what we got in

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    You're probably right. A sale of a player for good money would help. The only problem with that is that fans would want the club to spend more than what we got in
    That's inevitable 😁

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I expected Richie Towell to be pushed forward more, he's capable of scoring goals. Is it the better quality of the opposition that's preventing him ? or is he playing deeper this season on instructions from management ?
    A lot more to come from him in my opinion.
    He would probably thrive with a potter type player sitting in the middle though Manning looks the most attacking of the 3 main cm

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Ps... I wouldn't say what we paid for JCH was a total waste. Not in todays stupid standards.
    I wouldn't either. He didn't quite make it but did score the odd goal and played in the championship in seasons where we stayed up. He probably wasn't on vast wages either. We probably wasted more in wages on the likes of Blackstock and Odemwingie than 300k.

theres always the problem of not getting the players out doing it that way around and as you say we dont know the financial estraints warne is working under. if he and the past managers have said that then im guessing were pissing close to the wind and theres not much lea way
    I think we all have a good idea of the restraints Warney working under, our wage budget 8.8m against Swansea’s 38m, also the one in one out is clearly based on budgeting requirements agreed at the beginning of the season.

Not sure the money spent on JCH was totally wasted. I’m more inclined to think it was on Bowery.

No, the money on JCH wasn't totally wasted, just £299k of it.
    Bad attitude = Bad return on investment.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    No, the money on JCH wasn't totally wasted, just £299k of it.
    Bad attitude = Bad return on investment.
    Oh, I dunno. That goal against Leeds was worth a bob or two.

Plus, he scored the best penalty I've ever witnessed. The keeper shat himself it was hit that hard.

He also burst the ball away at Leeds on sombrero day.
    Never seen that before either.

MM is right though the remaining £299k plus wages was a bit Blackstockesque

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123