+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Ratings

Match Ratings

In position order so starting with our best two players then going rapidly downhill...

Fitzsimons - 8* - All credit to him for bouncing back from the first two months of the season. Has shown real character. More than earned his clean sheet with a number of top saves and better with the ball at his feet than our two midfielders.

Turley - 7 - Feared the worst with him at RB but gave absolutely everything and had a good game down that side. Stopped the cross/his winger, with all the threat coming from the other side. At least one goal-line clearance, too.

Brisley - 6 - Headed it and kicked it and then got moved into midfield. Very weirdly.

Ward - 5.5 - So casual it’s untrue. Does he just think he’s above League Two and is in second gear? Couple of defensive slips early on let Miller in. Decent on the ball coming out of defence.

Evina - 3 - Pathetic. Didn’t stop a cross in 90 minutes and the only time he got forward he put it in the stand. Nowhere near of the level of Jones.

Milsom - 3 - A major off day. Found their players more than ours first half and overrun defensively; it was far too easy for them to get space between the lines.

Boldewijn - 7 - Must rue the day he signed here. Our core strategy is to give him the ball on a standing start and hope he does something. And he did - twice, once denied by a good save and once by the post. Never stopped running after being moved centrally. Worth trying him there alongside a partner. A classic Notts move to sign the best winger in the league and then use him as a target man.

Hewitt - 3 - Not suited to the advanced role he was asked to play. All his best work comes off the ball. Didn’t even contribute much on that front today. If you’re playing this system, put Husin, Patching or Kellett there instead.

Alessandra - 5 - Back to last season’s version after the heights of late September.

Thomas - 2 - Didn’t look bothered in the slightest. A completely needless signing, would take the less talented but more reliable/willing Hawkridge over him any day.

Dennis - 4 - Hard not to feel for him. What is he expected to do? Entire game spent jumping against defenders twice his size, or with his back to goal when no Notts player is within 20 yards of him. Service? Not a chance. Then hooked for a defender after an hour. Another one who must regret his career choice in the summer.

Duffy - 6 - Similar to Brisley. One classic theatric fall reminded us of what we’ve been missing.

Kewell - 0 - What is he trying to do? Talks a lot about ideas and expansive style of play, but the actions are in no way correlating to the words. Have made zero progress under him; in fact the vast majority players look far worse than they did before he arrived.

Fair analysis that and fair ratings, apart from a little harsh on Kewell. He got what he was playing for

Don't forget Duffy rolling around holding his face after the winger left him for dead and then jumped to his feet when the danger had passed. Pathetic.

Classic Notts County tactics to sign a striker who needs the ball to his feet in and around the area, play him for 60 mins as a loan target man, and then take him off and replace him with a centre back. What the hell was that all about?

Classic Notts County tactics to just pick buy players that look pretty good for other teams, and then try to wedge them into our team without considering whether they fit our style of play.

Classic Notts County tactics to end a home game against poor opposition with no strikers and four centre backs on the pitch.

Totally agree with these comments. I travel a long way to watch Notts and rarely miss a home match. For personal reasons I couldn't attend the Oldham match. So glad I couldn't! When will Hardy put us and Kewell out of our misery? What a mistake to make. Fullerton mark two. He (Kewell) has absolutely no idea, whatsoever.

I was working in Nottingham yesterday so had to go home to drop my tools off.... 45 minutes getting from Burton Joyce to the other side of Gunthorpe Bridge, I finally got in at 6.30. Dropped off the tools, quick change, grabbed a packet of crisps and back in the van.

It’s a 50 mile round trip x 2... and I was subjected to the most abject display of non football I’ve seen in a long time. I’m still angry, 14 hours later and all Hardy can do on ****ter is his usual “poor me”... “I cant win” bollox.

Btw... Kewell is the head coach. We also have a Football Director somewhere in this club. If this is the golden ticket of Kewell and Hart... you can shove it.

Lone striker, only striker. Dennis NOT a target man, nor is Boldeweijn but that is exactly how Kewell played them last night. Olham had four very able and competent defenders who coped easily with our lone ranger's attempts to hold the ball while - who? - came running up from the halfway line. The one time Dennis did manage the lob and control it he didn't have another Notts player within thirty yards, where was Aless or any midfielder coming up fast? Boldeweijn had two, sometimes three men marking him - who helped him out? Nobody, that's who.

There was no team plan that I could see, apart from:
    Don't pass it out of defence, you aren't good enough, do what you're best at - boot the bloody thing!
    Don't run and find space - the team mate you were just chatting to might think you don't love him.
    When you find yourself with nothing to do, play spot the happy Notts fan.

Ratings:
    Fitz - 10, faultless.
    Dennis - 8, for the bemused look on his face every time he saw the ball sailing aimlessly forward.
    Boldeweijn - 8, at least he tried to beat his three markers untroubled by any help from a teammate.
    Turley - 7, out of position but stopped most attacks progressing down the left.
    All the rest - 4, for keeping their shirts nice and clean.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 07-11-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Classic Notts County tactics to sign a striker who needs the ball to his feet in and around the area, play him for 60 mins as a loan target man.
    I wish he was a loan target man, then we could send him back to Chesterfield!

Harry Clueless 1/2 for a clean pair of white trainers, i just hope the soles are in good repair because I feel he will be walking soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Harry Clueless 1/2 for a clean pair of white trainers, i just hope the soles are in good repair because I feel he will be walking soon.
    We shouldnt have employed him Bridg4d. Hardy was warned in advance about appointing him, but the thrill of signing someone with a Liverpool connection won the day. The guy actually makes Fullacrap look good. On performaces so far I just cant see how we can continue with him for much longer.. And i certainly wouldnt entrust any transfer funds with if he is still here in January.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast