+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Oldham Athletic 6/11/18

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Dennis never got to even one of 30 hoofs out of defense......not one....it was pointless playing him
    That's mainly because none of them got anywhere near him.

I genuinely feel sorry for him tonight.

So we sign hemmings from Mansfield for a substantial fee, they replace him with Tyler walker for free and hmmmmm who is proving to be the better striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    So we sign hemmings from Mansfield for a substantial fee, they replace him with Tyler walker for free and hmmmmm who is proving to be the better striker?
    Sadly the question should be "who is proving to be the better team?"

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Or getting the better service?

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Sorry for asking Warnock but what was his excuse for bringing Duffy on for his only striker?
    I don’t have a problem with the substitution - we were toothless with Dennis up front, Enzio actually had a goal threat when he went up top by himself. I just don’t know why that was the only change.

The midfield was garbage again - Milsom is showing the form that saw him get released last season; Alessandra created more for Oldham than he did for us; Hewitt was Hewitt (anonymous, got booked, took throw ins); and Thomas produced one good cross from a set-piece but otherwise may as well have been sat in the stand.

How is it possible for a football team to be so consistently incapable of getting the basics right?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I don’t have a problem with the substitution - we were toothless with Dennis up front, Enzio actually had a goal threat when he went up top by himself. I just don’5 know why that was the only change.

The midfield was garbage again - Milsom is showing the form that saw him get released last season; Alessandra created more for Oldham than he did for us; Hewitt was Hewitt (anonymous, got booked, took throw ins); and Thomas produced one good cross from a set-piece but otherwise may as well have been sat in the stand.

How is it possible for a football team to be so consistently incapable of getting the basics right?
    Because the manager will not stop trying to get them playing " his way" despite the fact that they are not good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Because the manager will not stop trying to get them playing " his way" despite the fact that they are not good enough?
    I couldn't see them attempting to play any way.

Well the positive for me is that when I saw the team I feared the worst, so getting a point by hook or crook is a bonus.

Who were the clowns in the Pavis at the end applauding them off ? WTF ?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    That's mainly because none of them got anywhere near him.

I genuinely feel sorry for him tonight.
    Enzio made their defence work harder than Dennis because he’s got the ability to go past his man. I think Stall summed it up best when he said that he is still struggling to see what Dennis’ strengths are. I suspect it’s a fox in the box, but it’s definitely not playing with his back to goal. His touch is poor, and he’s not quick or strong enough to bring other players in (and no one was close enough to help him, anyway).

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast