+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Footballs unanswered questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Why do players do a knee slide when they score a goal? That puts extreme pressure on the knee and can cause cruciate ligament damage.

I'd be f'uckin raging if I was the groundsman

Why do people call a piley-on a 'heapy on'?

Asking for Sneckie's mate Joe, the arsehole, as he's too timid to ask, even if he is an ace pundit and manager (night shift at a Tesco Metro).

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Why do people call a piley-on a 'heapy on'?

Asking for Sneckie's mate Joe, the arsehole, as he's too timid to ask, even if he is an ace pundit and manager (night shift at a Tesco Metro).
    Because it is a heapy on.thats the war cry when you heap on.the fact that an arsehole such as Joe would query it proves the point . "piley on" ? Pah ! Neen o yer Eton rugga Oxbridge sh1te min ."Heapy on "

I thought it was mass man hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    I thought it was mass man hugs.
    Explains arsehole Joe's sudden interest

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Why do players do a knee slide when they score a goal? That puts extreme pressure on the knee and can cause cruciate ligament damage.

I don't understand why a handshake is not sufficient. Even that would not always be required

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ole Gunnar Solksjaers career ruined in the 99 chump league final bu that very thing
    Although not happy with thon result due to losses, I seem to remember Ole going on to play more/score goals and get more medals.

Munich 5/2 I thought was buying money....anyway

SF

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    Because it is a heapy on.thats the war cry when you heap on.the fact that an arsehole such as Joe would query it proves the point . "piley on" ? Pah ! Neen o yer Eton rugga Oxbridge sh1te min ."Heapy on "
    Now now, Erchie min, you're one of the few rascals on here with whom I normally agree, but it's a ****in piley-on.

Has been since the 1960s playgrounds and public parks of Keith, where youthful exuberance would effervesce as the shout "pile on!" reverberated throughout those youthful Edens, and a mass piley-on would ensue.

Why, I even had online toonsers thanking me for posting pictures of the Reds' tradition of early season piley-ons, from European game goal celebrations, to Bruce Anderson's injury time equaliser against stinking corrupt Zombie******* FC, but perhaps most memorably when Paul Quinn provided the bottom layer after scoring the winner against the entitledparanoidkiddyfiddling****sinhoops in 2015-16, the very afternoon that an impromptu and spontaneous mass piley-on occurred at the Labour party conference as Comrade Corbyn was elected leader, bringing Proper mannies' manifesto commitments back into the public domain.

If you can't accept this, I fear a Red Star Torphins/ither boy rummle being arranged between us at the Pittodrie Bar.

A best of five three card brag shoot-out should lay the lie for once and for all.

Now now, Erchie min, you're one of the few rascals on here with whom I normally agree, but it's a ****in piley-on.

Has been since the 1960s playgrounds and public parks of Keith, where youthful exuberance would effervesce as the shout "pile on!" reverberated throughout those youthful Edens, and a mass piley-on would ensue.

Why, I even had online toonsers thanking me for posting pictures of the Reds' tradition of early season piley-ons, from European game goal celebrations, to Bruce Anderson's injury time equaliser against stinking corrupt Zombie******* FC, but perhaps most memorably when Paul Quinn provided the bottom layer after scoring the winner against the entitledparanoidkiddyfiddling****sinhoops in 2015-16, the very afternoon that an impromptu and spontaneous mass piley-on occurred at the Labour party conference as Comrade Corbyn was elected leader, bringing Proper mannies' manifesto commitments back into the public domain.

If you can't accept this, I fear a Red Star Torphins/ither boy rummle being arranged between us at the Pittodrie Bar.

A best of five three card brag shoot-out should lay the lie for once and for all.
    Apologies if my response seemed a bit OTT (normally I would just accept that you are wrong) but that erse Joe is winding me up big time.I have done some research and It seems that we are both correct . Piley on is known but is reduced to an insipid "Piley". Heapy on came out top in my (admittedly) targeted audience. The split is along the lines of those who would describe a nil nil draw against East Fife on a freezing pishing it doon Tuesday night as either "A heap o ****e" or " a pile of crap" Edulocation wise Powis , Northfield & Mastrick (Summerhill Academy) came out as Heapy on whilst Keith, Strathallan and St Winifred School choir came out for Piley on (and it’s variations)
    In respect of a "Red Star Torphins/ither boy rummle being arranged between us at the Pittodrie Bar." ...hey I'm a lover not a fighter (although a few ex's have replied to that phrase with "Hiv ye tried boxing"?
    Fa is this gadgie Red Star Torphins is gan tae batter onywye ? It's nae Joe is it ?
    If it is then problem solved ..RST batters him saft (twice) the first time you shout “ Ok chaps let’s rumble piley on... tally ho” second time I shout “ Hemmin heapy on min” Some aul boy fae the rum’n’pep cribbage school on table 4 simply counts the number of bodies who got involved in the piley on and those for the heapy on then announces me the winner.
    Heated dispute all amicably resolved !!!!

Just one thing puzzles me though
    “A best of five three card brag shoot-out should lay the lie for once and for all”
    Card ? should that not be “Cairds” ?………..

Fit's yer problem wi Joe like?

If you just took the time to get to know him....................

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast