+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confirmed that Stephen Thompson has 0 shares since July

we are still in the middle of a transitional stage of our history. ST mistimed and mismanaged the club at a time when our stock was high, he should have sold up before his Australian adventure...he and the club have suffered as a consequence. MM is acting as a buffer at the moment, we are still looking at getting new owners in but ST had made the club toxic. MM has now stepped up to remove some of the toxicity and to try and get the club into some sort of shape to get the club moved on and onto the next chapter. If our club was a car, it would be a fixer upper.
    The thing that is most important now is that the fans get a voice in the direction the club takes from here on in. We need to keep on the right side of MM and not.end up with the same situation we ended up with ST where communication was void.
    Things are beginning to move in the right direction, personally, I think I think it's critical that we back the players and management and try and get them pushed up the league as we have to look like a business that would be a worthwhile investment in order to get this club sold.This will only be done by turning up to matches and backing the team....the end of season and before season tickets are sold, is the time for protest.
    The club needs money to give RN a chance of getting the right players in during the January window. Whatever your view is, this is the time that you have to put your opinions to one side to try and get this team promoted...failure to do it this year would cause us a huge amount of harm for the future.

Is Martin going to allow homemade bombay mix in the new sports bar?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    That's great mate and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    Don’t get me wrong, there’s a long way to go. But compared to where we were under Thompson and The Shambles things have improved massively. Here’s hoping it continues at this pace.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I am not having a go at supporters who back him but they hopefully will understand the reason's why some refuse to.
    I totally understand however you can't know how much influence MM had during that time. By all accounts ST didn't listen to anyone, that's one of the main criticisms of his time as chairman of the club if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    we are still in the middle of a transitional stage of our history. ST mistimed and mismanaged the club at a time when our stock was high, he should have sold up before his Australian adventure...he and the club have suffered as a consequence. MM is acting as a buffer at the moment, we are still looking at getting new owners in but ST had made the club toxic. MM has now stepped up to remove some of the toxicity and to try and get the club into some sort of shape to get the club moved on and onto the next chapter. If our club was a car, it would be a fixer upper.
    The thing that is most important now is that the fans get a voice in the direction the club takes from here on in. We need to keep on the right side of MM and not.end up with the same situation we ended up with ST where communication was void.
    Things are beginning to move in the right direction, personally, I think I think it's critical that we back the players and management and try and get them pushed up the league as we have to look like a business that would be a worthwhile investment in order to get this club sold.This will only be done by turning up to matches and backing the team....the end of season and before season tickets are sold, is the time for protest.
    The club needs money to give RN a chance of getting the right players in during the January window. Whatever your view is, this is the time that you have to put your opinions to one side to try and get this team promoted...failure to do it this year would cause us a huge amount of harm for the future.
    Excellent post Sir

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    A die hard section of the support won't be back until ST is gone. Now it's until MM is gone? What next?
    Exactly ttt. Everyone is entitled to their concerns. However following the past horrific 3yrs we have had to endure let’s jst enjoy the grass roots of optimism that has sprouted since RN appointment.

In my opinion things are looking up. The atmosphere at tanny has improved and the quality of football has got marginally better. MM although nt everyone’s cup of tea has made moves to improved the Inferstructure and is making the right noises about improving the clubs fiscal sustainability.

I’m a certainly a lot happier now than I was 6 months ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)