+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed that Stephen Thompson has 0 shares since July

Our fan groups can't even bring themselves to merge.

Therefore we as fans have no power other than to not spend cash with United.

I am not happy or unhappy as I'll give the new regime time to prove themselves but if the **** hits the fan I will be as powerless as the rest of us in averting disaster.

Until the groups merge we may as well just enjoy the ride because we will have absolutely no say until they merge.

One of the most powerless supports around. Especialy considering the size of our support.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Martin's fingerprints are all over the decline of Dundee United,three fans groups wanted him out with Thompson when he stood down(so did i),the news that Thompson the shelf stacker has no shares but Martin the financial wizard has increased his shareholding in the club fills me with dread.
    Only my opinion but the propaganda of the current regime will not fill the empty seats once occupied by die hard supporters as long as Martin has the majority shareholding of the club.
    Can't argue with any of that as you may well be correct but if there are die hard sections of the support who will not return while MM is involved I find that depressing.
    Everything about the club over the past 3 years has been a complete shambles, but there are genuine signs of a turnaround in fortunes happening. Would hope the stay away fans come back soon and enjoy their United (not Mike Martins) rather than be consumed by politics.

A die hard section of the support won't be back until ST is gone. Now it's until MM is gone? What next?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    A die hard section of the support won't be back until ST is gone. Now it's until MM is gone? What next?
    Till nicolls supply the pies? Some so called die hards seem to be just looking for an excuse not to go.

You obviously think Martin had nothing to do with the demise of our club although he has been on the board since 2011,to suggest that a shelf stacker never took financial advice from a banker is ludicrous.It would be like the administrator's at Dens saying"Its all your fault Peter but Jimmy can take the chair now."

Why is it obvious I think that? I've never said it. Clearly he had influence, how much we'll never know and folk will believe what they want to.

No doubt, I'm prepared to give him a chance to prove himself.

A key factor is the “die hards” who are going to support Robbie and the team ............and there are thousands of us.

It will continue to grow also after the turnaround Robbie has achieved so far, especially if the quality of football, passing and movement is at the standard we saw in the first half against QOS. Great stuff.

Also very pleased indeed that Thompson is gone. Excellent.

Definite signs our club has turned the corner. I am positive about our future.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    Also very pleased indeed that Thompson is gone. Excellent.

Definite signs our club has turned the corner. I am positive about our future.
    That's great mate and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Why is it obvious I think that? I've never said it. Clearly he had influence, how much we'll never know and folk will believe what they want to.

No doubt, I'm prepared to give him a chance to prove himself.
    I think Martin is just as culpable as Thompson for the damage caused to DUFC and its unfortunate that he is now chairman of the club.I am not having a go at supporters who back him but they hopefully will understand the reason's why some refuse to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)