+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheerio Kewellio - Sheep Shearers Special

Awful, awful game. Worst I can remember in a while. We seem to have gone backwards some way since those three wins.

I was behind Kewell until tonight, but his arrogance in dropping so many players is costing us. It looks like he's trying to prove a point by freezing out Jones, Husin, Patching, Crawford, Hawkridge, Kellet, etc., but surely these players are better to bring off the bench to replace a striker than one of a handful of centre backs? It seem like he lost the team when he laid into them live on radio - obviously.

Where do we go from here?

The conference.

I think every Notts supporter worth his salt realises that we need stability we crave for it but the decision to employ another Rookie was a step to far.

Harry Clueless has to go before the situation is irretrievable, if he was faced with the situation Nolan faced when he arrived at the Lane we would already be in the Conference, he plays one way and one way only regardless of whether the players are available to play his certain style of football, he is Clueless, his team selections & substitutions are crazy passing the ball in around the penalty area we are defending when it needs to be played out and pass the ball in the opponents half all basic football really, but we do not play that way, crazy.

I hate to be the first to suggest it but somebody has to before its too darned late.

KEWELL OUT !!!!!!

It was dross but I don't know how much blame I can put on Kewells door. Milsom, Hewitt, Alexandra and Thomas had shockers, so many sloppy passes it was untrue and as a result Dennis was in for a hard night. Everyone's on about not having certain players on the bench but they are the same players everyone's been slated . Do agree Evinas not great, but again everyone was slating Jones before saying he's useless. I think he has just got a terrible squad which is huge and there's a lot of work to do, I think we should just let it ride out to Jan and try and sort, I don't think we will go down.

As i mentioned earlier on here, what has happened during the 'international break' that we have come back from starting to look like play off hopefuls to now looking dead certs for relegation out of the league? 6th October we were 5 unbeaten, 3 wins on the bounce, ignoring the checka**** trophy, 14 days later we lose 4-0 to Bury and it all starts to look a bit rubbish again.

What happened during that 14 days? Had the game against Oldham been played as originally planned would we have continued with our improved form? I know many on here were concerned that the imposed break would have a negative impact on results as we would lose the momentum we were obviously starting to build but I can't believe it is just down to that. HK seemed to making progress, now he looks like he's completely lost the plot, why?

As I said before, Nolan should have never been replaced by another rookie manager especially one as arrogant as Kewell seems to be.
    Hardy is a local man who thankfully took over from the idiot Trew and his entourage and I believe like us all, wants to bring success to the club however his choice of managers seems very bizarre.

I personally think he was a little premature in the sacking of Nolan but to replace him with Kewell was totally naive and whoever is advising him should be gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    As i mentioned earlier on here, what has happened during the 'international break' that we have come back from starting to look like play off hopefuls to now looking dead certs for relegation out of the league? 6th October we were 5 unbeaten, 3 wins on the bounce, ignoring the checka**** trophy, 14 days later we lose 4-0 to Bury and it all starts to look a bit rubbish again.

What happened during that 14 days? Had the game against Oldham been played as originally planned would we have continued with our improved form? I know many on here were concerned that the imposed break would have a negative impact on results as we would lose the momentum we were obviously starting to build but I can't believe it is just down to that. HK seemed to making progress, now he looks like he's completely lost the plot, why?
    My guess is that it's a combo of 3 or 4 different things

1) He's almost certainly had a bust up in the changing room or on the training pitch....why else has he suddenly frozen out so many players?......unless
    2) He's suddenly decided that certain players do not fit into his plans, hence the reason for freezing them out, disharmony has spread to those still in HK's plans....are they worried that they're next for the chopping block?
    3) Players are fed up (or simply don't understand) why they are playing a different system every week...we are not talking about superstars here (apart from possibly Enzio) who can be versatile....these are bread -n-butter L2 or Conference-level players....Turley is the best example of this "what do you want me to do Boss, head it n kick it?.....no problem"....that fact that he simply loves doing the simple things well, is why he looks like he's giving it 120% every game.....Enzio the same "run down the wing Boss?.....no problem".
    Mind you, that still doesn't explain why Toots and Evina cannot stop a cross or Ward simply dallies on the ball until dispossessed!
    4) Maybe it's as simple as HK is not very good?......he certainly has never impressed me with his interviews, it's as if he can never finish a sentence...he starts on one theme, expands it, then 75% of the way through jumps onto another subject almost as if he hasn't an answer....scatter-brained is the word.....if he communicates with the players like that, no wonder everything keeps going belly up!

Just my 2 pesos worth.....I'm bored and it's 3am

Charlie Slater pointed out that the BBC's stats of "one shot on target" was actually performed by our goalkeeper.
    Kewell out now. Perhaps we could have a referendum?

Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post
    As I said before, Nolan should have never been replaced by another rookie manager especially one as arrogant as Kewell seems to be.
    Hardy is a local man who thankfully took over from the idiot Trew and his entourage and I believe like us all, wants to bring success to the club however his choice of managers seems very bizarre.

I personally think he was a little premature in the sacking of Nolan but to replace him with Kewell was totally naive and whoever is advising him should be gone too.
    Spot on..

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    The worst game of "football" (I use the term loosely) that you will ever see.....yes, worse than Barnet away last year.

No shape, no nothing.....speechless

Fitz and Turley kept us in it......Enzio and Alles tried hard, the rest can sod off and take the Aussie fool with you.

Rarely have I been so angry......Evina cannot cross a ball, Ward dawdles over every single clearance, Duffy came in to show us some more "diving skills"......Milsom has completely lost it, Thomas is not a winger, and Dennis is the invisible striker

We are going down, based on that performance....sorry BigAl, you've just spunked away you're cash on another rookie manager.....now find a PROPER one.
    Did I actually hear that correctly in HK’s post battering interview that “overall he’s happy with that team tonight”??did he really say that pr just not understand the question!.Oh my days if that’s the case then no chance any of the other more talented boys getting a go is there??,and we’ll do well just to stay up with this goon?,I think he’s not all there tbh?.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast