+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Kewell our or relegation

I'd leave him/her to it Delroy. It is either Nolan himself or one of his mates.

Whatever Kewell's limitations may be he is still a far better prospect than Nolan - who is a one dimensional "Allardyce clone" with little imagination and even less managerial skill.

Kewell's recognition of how limited the squad is on talent, focus on utilising the more effective players in positions they are comfortable with (mostly!!) and ability to shore up the defence has been instrumental in getting us the handful of points we have managed - as opposed to the sheer dearth of vision and poor organisation of half decent players that Nolan fumbled & stumbled around with for far too long.

I'm still not convinced by Kewell but Nolan would have had us firmly in the bottom 2 by Christmas and with no prospect of getting out of the relegation places in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Looks like someone's enjoying their Friday afternoon in a beer garden...

And what did he do in the 5 games before that? 2 draws and 3 wins, 11 points... That's 10 more than Nolan achieved, therefore - IMPROVEMENT. That is an undeniable fact that isn't up for debate. To quote you "you cant just isolate the games that make him look the worst" which is exactly what you're doing by ignoring 5 out of the 11 games he's been in charge for

Quite right you are, Harry Kewell's Notts County team after a week of training did indeed concede 5 goals to one of the better teams in this league.

Kevin Nolan's team conceded 8 in a historically bad result against Swansea. (but let's not focus on that because your argument will likely be that it was a cup game)

He conceded 4 against Coventry in the playoff second leg, 4 at home to Yeovil this season and in every game except for opening day he conceded 3 goals every game so let's not make him out to be the defensive messiah.

Regarding you saying that i was probably happy with the defense in pre season... That would be the defense that conceded 4, 4 and 2 in our last three friendlies? There were plenty of Notts fans concerned about needing defenders and a new goalkeeper in pre season and it carried on all the way until deadline day, Kevin Nolan was just about the only person happy with his defense and it was a big factor in him losing his job.
    The problem with you Delroy is you talk too much sense lol

Lets sack Kewell after a couple months, I mean the mans an idiot, that substitution Tuesday where he neglected having one of those worldbeating squad midfielders on the bench and neglected putting a 16 year old on with 20 mins experience against a physical back four. Instead he puts an experienced defender on, sticks an experienced defender in midfield to shore it up and puts the only player available who is likely to score up front, not like it even nearly worked is it........

I do wonder what the complaints would have been if Enzio had put away one of the two chances and we'd commited absolute robbery in winning the game.

I'd imagine most people would have been furious at how lucky we were.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    I'd leave him/her to it Delroy. It is either Nolan himself or one of his mates.

Whatever Kewell's limitations may be he is still a far better prospect than Nolan - who is a one dimensional "Allardyce clone" with little imagination and even less managerial skill.

Kewell's recognition of how limited the squad is on talent, focus on utilising the more effective players in positions they are comfortable with (mostly!!) and ability to shore up the defence has been instrumental in getting us the handful of points we have managed - as opposed to the sheer dearth of vision and poor organisation of half decent players that Nolan fumbled & stumbled around with for far too long.

I'm still not convinced by Kewell but Nolan would have had us firmly in the bottom 2 by Christmas and with no prospect of getting out of the relegation places in my view.
    I liked Nolan as a bloke but when people talk about Tuesday being the worse performance they have seen in years I laugh. Some of the stuff we were served up last season was a disgrace, every single ball lumped up to poor old John Stead, my daughter whos 12 even said why do they keep doing this, it doesn't work and it's rubbish. Why can't people realise, the rest of the league clocked it by Christmas and put in tactics to stop it and we nosed dived. As much as I couldn't stand Coventry beating us and getting dodgy decisions, they absolutely blew us a way, we looked divisions apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Nolan was and will always be streets ahead of Kewell
    Nolan was good at man mangement - and that's about it really.

He played the percentage game pretty well but his hoofball - 'stoneage' - football philosophy got rumbled when Yates left. We scraped into the playoffs because of a decent run before xmas His form after xmas was bottom 6-8 at very best. In the playoffs - despite the poor refreeing decisions - we were comfortably beaten, over two legs by a better footballing side .

Move onto the close season and despite being questioned repeatedly about our clueless back four and powder puff midfield, Nolan maintained that he was happy with his squad. The season started and we went on a divebomber run for the Conference. A losing streak that only Sheridan has 'bettered' this century.

The side that Kewell is managing is the product of Nolan's incompetence. Our squad is bigger but weaker than last season, with no serviceable cover in midfield, just a few light weight prospects for the future. And all this is because of Nolan's godamn awful summer recruitment. Add into that the poor fitness levels in the squad and Nolan's off the pitch problems and frankly i'm surprised he wasn't sacked a lot sooner.

Kewell has been here for a dozen games or so and has 13 points to his name, (much better than Nolan's 1 point from 6 games ratio). Kewell should be judged by how he performs when he gets in the players that he wants, rather than based on the disaster that was Nolan's close season recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I liked Nolan as a bloke but when people talk about Tuesday being the worse performance they have seen in years I laugh. Some of the stuff we were served up last season was a disgrace, every single ball lumped up to poor old John Stead, my daughter whos 12 even said why do they keep doing this, it doesn't work and it's rubbish. Why can't people realise, the rest of the league clocked it by Christmas and put in tactics to stop it and we nosed dived. As much as I couldn't stand Coventry beating us and getting dodgy decisions, they absolutely blew us a way, we looked divisions apart.
    Some of the crap served up last year away from home ie. Crewe, Grimsby,Barnet,Coventry, Mansfield, Swindon and Chesterfield. I would have got rid of him at the end of the season. He was just a one trick pony, and a very poor one at that and will be surprised if he ever gets another managerial job again..

And what did he do in the 5 games before that? 2 draws and 3 wins, 11 points... That's 10 more than Nolan achieved, therefore - IMPROVEMENT. That is an undeniable fact that isn't up for debate. To quote you "you cant just isolate the games that make him look the worst" which is exactly what you're doing by ignoring 5 out of the 11 games he's been in charge for

Quite right you are, Harry Kewell's Notts County team after a week of training did indeed concede 5 goals to one of the better teams in this league.

Kevin Nolan's team conceded 8 in a historically bad result against Swansea. (but let's not focus on that because your argument will likely be that it was a cup game)

He conceded 4 against Coventry in the playoff second leg, 4 at home to Yeovil this season and in every game except for opening day he conceded 3 goals every game so let's not make him out to be the defensive messiah.

Regarding you saying that i was probably happy with the defense in pre season... That would be the defense that conceded 4, 4 and 2 in our last three friendlies? There were plenty of Notts fans concerned about needing defenders and a new goalkeeper in pre season and it carried on all the way until deadline day, Kevin Nolan was just about the only person happy with his defense and it was a big factor in him losing his job.

Its an undeniable fact Nolan totally out classes this clown.

Look at the actual record of Nolan Win Rate , games lost etc

And what did Nolan do before that.

Steered us away from conference bound after 10 straight defeats.

Wonder if stats say Nolans first 11 games are better than HK

Got us in top 3 on virtually no money spent then became a victim of his own success, because chairman thought it would continue without strengthening squad in January

8 in the cup? No credit for Nolan getting us to the 5th Round then , and a replay against a club that was premier league. I doubt HK will get us past 1st round

4 against Coventry. Well the ref handed them 2 goals. Their offside 3rd goal and they only got the fourth because notts were pushing forward, Not to mention the penelty they got in first leg

So you deny that the officials had a HUGE PART IN the Game. Notts should been 3-2 up on aggregate with 20 mins to go. Nolans fault of course

Most people were happy pre season. That why some bookies had us down as champions. Stallard, and leigh curtis from the post they all believed BUT NOT YOU

Of course you predicted it all?

Hk is clueless, he has only 1 point out of 5 games. No improvement,

Your deluded beyond belief

Anyway he be gone soon, so that will be the end this matter

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post

I'm guessing the 5-1 loss to Exeter put you into a coma as you seem to be aware of that game then have no knowledge of the following 5 games that we won 3 of and drew the other 2 then you must have woke from your coma to witness the last 5 games...

It's pointless arguing with you if you just refuse to acknowledge facts.

Its an undeniable fact Nolan totally out classes this clown.

Look at the actual record of Nolan Win Rate , games lost etc

And what did Nolan do before that.

Steered us away from conference bound after 10 straight defeats.

Wonder if stats say Nolans first 11 games are better than HK

Got us in top 3 on virtually no money spent then became a victim of his own success, because chairman thought it would continue without strengthening squad in January

8 in the cup? No credit for Nolan getting us to the 5th Round then , and a replay against a club that was premier league. I doubt HK will get us past 1st round

4 against Coventry. Well the ref handed them 2 goals. Their offside 3rd goal and they only got the fourth because notts were pushing forward, Not to mention the penelty they got in first leg

So you deny that the officials had a HUGE PART IN the Game. Notts should been 3-2 up on aggregate with 20 mins to go. Nolans fault of course

Most people were happy pre season. That why some bookies had us down as champions. Stallard, and leigh curtis from the post they all believed BUT NOT YOU

Of course you predicted it all?

Anyway he be gone soon, so that will be the end this matter

I'll refer to my earlier quote.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast